🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 5 — Who Studies Your Podcasts?

Very few people get to see the world of podcasting from Christine E. Taylor's view. A journalist and blogger, Christine fell in love with comedy podcasts and is doing a bang-up job of telling the rest of the world. Recorded at Cobb's Comedy Club before Sklarbro Country LIVE (now available through the Earwolf Store), she and Jeff discuss the direction we're headed, and what it's going to take to get there. You can find Christine at her website www.ChristineETaylor.com where there are interviews, reviews, and much more.

Just listened to this episode. In response to you and Christine's discussion about sponsor's for podcasts, I've found that the shows on Revision3.com do a job job of having sponsor segments (at least two segments for a less that 30 minute show) without them feeling out of place or obtrusive. It's not exactly an even comparison since they are video podcasts, but I think there are some things to consider. I think the trick to successful sponsorships and product integration depends the sponsors and products, and the manner that they are delivered on the podcast. I would guess that this podcast has a pretty niche audience: other podcasters. If you were to get sponsored by a product that can somehow help podcasters in some way, that could potentially be a very successful sponsorship. It's much more difficult to apply that thinking to a podcast that just aims at making people laugh, but I think it still has merit.

Thanks for your comments Jake. I agree with you, it's how you do it and who you do it with that really define how the ads would be received. And it is more difficult to do that with comedy shows than other shows with more of a topical focus.

Sign in to follow this