🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 126 - Julie Klausner Again, Our Close Friend

1) she apparently had had a shocker of a day

2) I guess she smartened up for the couch-pics, nothing in studio.

Thank you for this very reasonable reply skizelo

• Like 10

THANK YOU Sean and Hayes for not insulting our intelligence. Duh we already know about owl.fm duh. It's the hulu of podcasting, it's 499 euros a month, use offer code 'handbook' to get the pro version whatever whatever WE ALREADY KNOW IT ALL

• Like 7

I feel like Hayes's early Mankind and Mr. Socko references were just for me, since I'm a known pro wrestling fan around these forums.

• Like 8

Dang what a good ep. So funny.

And I can't stop thinking about Hayes's Golf Clothes joke from Monday in the CBB ads, so good.

• Like 9

Dang what a good ep. So funny.

And I can't stop thinking about Hayes's Golf Clothes joke from Monday in the CBB ads, so good.

I laughed way harder during the ads than during the main CBB show this week. No disrespect.

• Like 13

Love Paul Brittain and Taran Killam but ads were better yeah

• Like 2

Oh yeah and Lizzy don't feel ashamed about what you wrote, it was very poetic and beautiful (like me ;))

• Like 4

I'm sorry to have to do this, but I may have to stop listening unless we get a formal apology from Hayes and Sean for even suggesting Macklemore and Ryan Lewis would ever break up and fight against each other! I get these guys are bad boy comedians, but they really crossed the line with this one. A world where no one bravely stands up and says gay people are cool and white people have privilege? I don't even want to think about it. Too scary.

• Like 14

Before I jump into this one, I'm re-listening to the first Julie Klausner episode so I can get caught up on the backstory.

Boy oh boy it sure is good!

• Like 15

I like the part where they were talking about Lex. And Beezy, while that would be terrible, I'd be more concerned about having to pay $50 for a T-shirt.

• Like 2

This ep made me laugh until I cried on the bus this morning. A good ep.

(Sean's "I started to" is what got me going and then I basically didn't stop laughing until the end of the episode.)

PS Cody I think you look darling.

• Like 13

Have you guys seen this? It was just a postcard that I found in an old cedar chest and I read the whole thing back to front and it seems to me to be some kind of ARG that the boys set up for us.

Does anybody have any more clues?

I just ordered a magnifying glass on amazon but its going to take 16 days to get to me so we will have to wait until then.

X2ovir3.jpg?1

• Like 11

I appreciate the guys always working in basketball and wrestling references to keep me as a listener.

However, it should be pointed out that for a large majority of Mick Foley's time using the persona of Mankind he was actually a bad guy and would be a great foil to a good guy, not a great candidate for a good guy v. good guy battle. Mankind, for most of his run, was very scary actually and did rip out his hair in boiler rooms.

I know what you're thinking. "Yes, but Hayes also mentions Mr. Socko, who was only used by Mankind during his time as a good guy." Great point. However, I would argue that while he may have still been using the name Mankind at that time, the actual persona he was using was much closer to the personality of just straight up Mick Foley, as he did occasionally wrestle for WWE under his real name. Other personas of Foley's included Dude Love (mostly good, short stint as a heel) and Cactus Jack (more of an anti-hero, potentially could have worked here), but I'm just not sure about Mankind. Thoughts?

• Like 16

I'd say the Socko-carrying Foley-in-a-mask persona was way more popular and resonant than the piano-entrance-music screeching-and-hair-pulling persona and, as such, is perfectly suitable to the conversation. I find your line of reasoning akin to saying Batman v. Superman should feature the electric blue version of Superman that was in publication for a brief period in the late 90s.

Electric%20Blue%20Superman_zpsgdqtga5k.jpg

• Like 7

Samuel "Joe the Plumber" Wurzelbacher once ran to be my state representative.

He lost in a landslide to the much beloved, possibly greatest state rep ever, Marcy Kaptur. I once was leaving Kroger as I saw her going in and I had to park my car and re-enter to tell her how proud I am that she represents me. (she's great on C-SPAN if you ever catch her, one of 6 current reps in the entire US to come out and give Sanders an endorsement)

She said "Oh, thank you. That's a nice sweatshirt, what does it say?" I was so embarrassed to reveal the fact that it said "Montreal, Canada" below a city skyline.

• Like 15

Great episode! The songs have been stuck in my head for weeks!

• Like 7

Ok, I'm going to say it.

Comedy has hit its peak! Its over, Marin, Aukky, Ann Faris. Comedy can't get any better than this. Its like, Micheal Jordan, this stuff. Sure, you can be Kobe, that's pretty good. You can be Lebron, not too bad. But you're never going to be Julie Klausner Again, Our Close Friend episode 126.

And guess what, boys, this episode isn't going to retire for two years. So lube up, and get fucked. For real.

• Like 21

I'm really concerned that working with someone as intolerant as Julie would take away from the important message they're trying to get across about Joe the Plumber.

• Like 4

Bozos of Basketball got married congrats Bozos

married to the game

• Like 14

omfg I swear to god my grandfather calls salad "rabbit food" all the time and and he hates it. I thought he made the term up because he's the only person I've ever heard refer to it as that, but sean had me dyin'. this ep is magical.

edit: I don't really like this comment but I don't want to delete it, so I'm going to post a new Chano x Skrillex song that just dropped because I love it and I love you guys.

• Like 4

Hopefully Bozos getting married doesn't affect the hectic Haim Slides schedule. Doubt it, guy's a pro

• Like 16