🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 132 - Bloodsport: LIVE!

I'm only at 80. I need 10 more before Thursday to stay on track, which isn't too terrible. My router got fried a couple weeks ago during a pretty big storm, as well as a couple of my streaming devices, so that set me back a bit. Fortunately, I ride the train into work, so I can work in most of a movie during my commute, and then I can watch two at night since my internet is fixed now.

Yeah streaming has made it more easy for me to keep track, though if that craps out on me or during October when I binge horror movies, I have my 1200+ DVD collection that I can scour through. Last year I made it to 374 with rushing in the last half of the year because I really didn't think I was going to do it at the start of the year. This year I went full force into it and am trying to see how far I can get while actually trying to pass 365.

I think the FBI agents were more of a A Beautiful Mind (2001) aspect where the characters were figments of Dux's mind it's your classic Jacob's Ladder situation.

Bolo Yeung (Chong Li) was in Enter the Dragon (1973) with Bruce Lee. Van Damme was in No Retreat No Surrender (1986) where a ghost Bruce Lee trained the title hero. No Retreat No Surrender movie led to Van Damme getting the lead in Bloodsport (1988). Roger Moore co-starred along side Van Damme in The Quest (1996) ironically playing a James Bond actor which Frank Dux had said inspired him to learn martial arts in the first place. Just some interesting coincidences.

Fight Quest on Discovery had the hosts do a 5 man Japan Kumite and it was brutal The kumite was you had to fight opponent after opponent without rest and it was full contact. It looked more a form of torture, it was brutal.

• Like 1

Been busy so it took a while to get to the forums (but not too busy to listen to this episode 3 times because it was so fabulous). I just had to post this:

• Like 1

Here's the link to the CAT SOUNDS IN BLOODSPORT supercut I made after listening to this episode.

Paul mentioned and played it on a mini-ep a few weeks later.

I know this is pretty late to the party, but my account was finally validated.

• Like 1