🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 102 — Behind the Music

To all the listeners who have requested Tim Heidecker: We hope you're happy. Tim makes his inaugural appearance to talk about...his music? His show? The music on his show? We're still not sure. Neil Hamburger stops by to set his finances straight and get the word out about his new iPhone app (which has nothing to do with Mountain Dew) before joining the somewhat-agreeable Tim in a game of Dead or Alive. I don't want to tip off the biggest surprise of the episode, but prepare yourself to hear some classic songs of yesteryear in a whole new light. If you'd like to book Tim or one of his multiple musical projects contact P.D.A. out of Little Rock, or just go to his Tumblr.

Great job, Scott! That couldn't have been an easy one, but it was hilarious.

So, this guy has a rinky-dink show on basic cable and a poorly selling album and he's got this kind of an outsize ego? Good Lord, what a dick.

@Beloved... He's spoofing the Billy Bob interview on Q TV:

Yes. I'm not that obtuse. My comment was a spoof too! Gotcha!

Still though, for some reason I don't find people acting like jerks—even when they're acting—very funny for some reason.

I think you're not the only one who felt that way. Apparently that was one of the episodes that received mixed feedback. We'll have to see what Scott says about it when he does a blog post on it!

So, the first time I listened to this episode, when it came out, I really did not enjoy it. Obviously this episode is in jest, and all fabricated in terms of the tension. However, I couldn't hear any joking in anyone's voice.
Now re-listening to this episode. I do enjoy it more. I feel like I can see now that Scott was leading a lot of what happened in the first part of the show. Where, Tim would say he didn't want to talk about something, but Scott would basically ignore that. It was funny.
And, the Neil Hamburger stuff isn't quite as funny, just because I know that Scott doesn't really make any money out of this show. But, it's all in good fun.

So, that's my take on this episode, and I guess I wasn't the only one to feel the way I initially did.

Neil Hamburger and Tim Hiedecker seem like the perfect match. I love the mocking of those terrible interviewees who simply act like asses. Scott's friendly cluelessness completely sells it.

One of my favorite episodes! I agree with Zach: awkward on first listening, but like a lot of Tim & *sorry* Eric's comedy style, hilarious second time around. It's obvious the interview is fake, and Scott is "baiting" Tim, insisting on talking about nothing but Awesome Show (or parties they've both gone to), mentioning how Tim's music can be "snipped out" of the podcast and downloaded. And when Scott finally drops his cluelessness and picks up on Tim's animosity, Scott is great at playing foil to Tim's ridiculous cynicism ("You can stop listing cities now," "I won't name any more record labels. I'm sure you're just going to say gimmick after each one.") Funny, funny stuff. Great job!

I'm listening to this episode again and I'm finding it brilliant. Tim's snippet of "Wash The Car" by his side project Tiananmen Square is hilarious.

Buy the Heidecker & Wood album, it is subtle genius.

Listened to this episode at least half a dozen times... I had mixed feelings from day 1 of what to think of it... I really thought Tim was being a total douchebag for the first 15-20 mins.

Had the opportunity to see Tim live tonight, and all the pieces came together... what a freakin genius that man is. It all makes sense now!!

favourite episode. Hands down! I have listened to this so many times, that it officially makes me a dork. Anyone who doesn't like this episode doesn't get the greatness of comedy bang bang/death ray, Aukerman, heidecker and hamburger. Thanks to Pete Dennis for helping get Tim to the level of success that allowed us to discover him!

• Like 1

Anyone else think CBB should have a Podcastathon for The King's Kids charity?

Tim is such an amazing guest because he always brings essentially a whole new personality to the show every time he's on. I'd never heard this one before and it strikes me as one of the ballsiest episodes the show has done: basically the whole joke for nigh on two hours is that Tim and Neil are openly upset about being on the show. It could have been a disaster but as always it's hilarious.

Sign in to follow this