🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 103 — These Times They Are A-Changin'

It's finally here: The Two Year Anniversary Celebration of Comedy Bang Bang: The Podcast! There are big changes afoot in the CBB universe about which you will hear in this episode, but many things are staying exactly the same. You can still expect hilarious guests like Paul F. Tompkins, Reggie Watts, and Tig Notaro. Nothing is happening to our open door policy and the crazy guests it brings along like Truck Bastien, El Chupacabra, Clive Dundee, and the boys of The Enigma Force Five. And if anything, there will be even more improvisation, fun games, and impromptu musical numbers. Be sure to listen to the inaugural episode of Professor Blastoff and cast your vote for the Comedy Bang Bang theme song.

• Like 1

How does no one post comments here? I wanna leave a brief one saying that you should only play music from Reggie Watts on the show. His songs are the only ones I haven't fast forwarded through on your show. Musical comedy is...lame usually but he knows what the fuck is up. Also, I almost had to pull my car over when Clive Dundee came in, Daly is a piss! You all are! and Thompkins, Philly reppin!

• Like 1

There were comments on this and all the other episodes from the old site, but they didn't transfer over to the new site, so it makes all the back catalogs look under-appreciated. Anyway, I totally agree with your comment. It's pretty clear that Reggie Watts is a musical genius, I'm continually amazed by his ability to make up a dubstep/soul/reggae/hip-hop/whatever song on the spot that sounds better than most songs by actual bands that make those genres of music. He's also pretty funny, he and PFT really made this episode, in my opinion, the greatest CDRR/CBB episode of all time.

I had only heard Reggie perform on CBB and when he was on Conan last week it really blew me away. His music is so memorable too, I sing along to it at work no matter when I'm listening to it. It's made some awkward meetings.

I just recommended this episode to a friend as a great starting point for Earwolf. You get Reggie Watts' brilliance, the name change, the announcement of Professor Blastoff and just gold all around.

This is probably the greatest episode. I can't fully describe how each character kills and how well Paul F. did as a side-kick (as himself no less!), and the rest of why this episode works so well, but there's something oddly profound about having two songs (one improvised completely and one improvised (?) cover (!)) focusing on the subject of the middle-eight break. Maybe profound isn't the word. Memorable? The songs themselves are catchy. I guess it's the fact that a group people took the time to create two songs on the spot to criticize someone for not fully understanding what a middle-eight break is. I don't even remember hearing the term before this episode.

But that's just one part, every segment is amazing. Either Truck Bastien should come back or Paul Scheer should do another character up against Scuttlebot and ParF Topminks. The way Scheer deflected his improv responsibilities was like hearing someone discovering judo sponteneously.

Anyway, listen to this one!

• Like 5

I'm amazed that Reggie was able to come up with the CBB theme on the spot. And its the one they used on the TV show! Why hire a theme composer when Reggie can bang out a perfect one in 30 seconds.

I agree with everyone here, this was a great ep. Still can't tell who does a better Huell Howser, James Adomian or Dana Gould. If you dig the whole Huell parody thing Gould does a rifftrax-esque full-length commentary for "Showgirls" with Adam Carolla that is up somewhere on the internet. His Huell is less insane and more of a sexual deviant/murderer... the range this one man inspired.

I listen to this one often. I miss these extra long episodes.

reggie killing it on the theme

pft dropping some sweet doctor who trivia

plane break!

chicken baby wearing a sailor suit

all cast extended improv bluesy jam featuring Tig's middle aged "yeeeeeeeahhh" and more

huellxty-nine

crisis on infinite huells howser & pauls f. tompkins

what's up hot dog memorial plugs

i'm surprised aukerman didn't just call it quits after this ep.

perfection.

• Like 2

I love it when they grill a character guest on their history and try to get them to stumble on their personal facts. Good stuff. :D

Andy's Brit voice is a laugh riot. This is one of my favourite ep's!

I've been making my way through the catalogue for several months. This is an episode all other podcasts should strive to reach in quality. Pretty incredible to witness the transformation into CBB. And to think I watched my first episode of CBB on Netflix about three years ago, and only realized it was a podcast after listening to Spontaneanation non-stop and needing a new podcast.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this