đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 232 - Wolf Boy with Langhorne Slim

Singer-songwriter Langhorne Slim joins Matt Besser, Jon Gabrus, Drew Tarver and Dan Lippert for a music episode of improv4humans. Langhorne's songs inspire scenes about an actor without sports knowledge who auditions for a Gatorade commercial and a boy with a faulty birth who remains attached to his mother's vagina for life. Later, a stock broker hesitates to conform to his bloodthirsty co-workers. Sign up for Seeso.com to watch Besser’s stand-up special “Besser Breaks the Record” and “The UCB Show,” which were filmed live in UCBLA. Check out Matt, Drew and Dan in Besser's short film "Arkippiana" on the go90 app.

"...and a boy with a faulty birth that remains attached to his mother's vagina for life." Oh my god that sounds like the greatest scene ever

• Like 2

Besser is right - Slim knows how to control a crowd/room no matter how big or small. I remember seeing him for the first time well over ten years ago in a small setting, and he was playing like it was a 1200 seater. I saw him a good 12-15 times after that. I've been living overseas for 7 years though, so I'd like to see how he is now.

Haven't finished the episode yet, just couldn't control espousing my love for Langhorne. He's a passionate dude, and his style should mesh well if his stage banter is any indication.

• Like 2

Can't WAIT to listen to this. The musician episodes are my favorites.

I do a live music influenced improv podcast BECAUSE of how great i find the I4H musical episodes, the wonderful marriage of the live music and comedy. However sometimes it can be maddening in that the most prolific and imaginative songwriters are horrible interviews. Its incredibly difficult getting them to go beyond one word or two word answers. Any improvisers have experience with this?/.

• Like 2

Is Gabrus growing his hair out? He should keep it up, it looks badass.

• Like 1

"Oh yeah, get in tight. Feel my hot breath on your nape."

That slayed me. Gabrus as a super-jock-y, pumped up Wall Street guy was amazing, and Matt's decision to be a limp, wet rag of a guy to counteract his alpha male-ness was a great choice!

Langhorne Slim was really good too! I liked the songs, and the improvisers pulled a lot of funny stuff from the music. The "Thanks, Jon, 'cuz you're one of my biggest critics," conversation was a genuinely touching part of the episode as well.

• Like 3

Fantastic ep!

Drew's wolf boy voice reminded me of the Hollywood Handbook Wolfman Jack ads haha

• Like 2

another sausage party

way to promote women in comedy

Besser is clearly a misogynist thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• Like 7

Besser is clearly a misogynist thanks for bringing this to our attention.

woah there cowboy

don't get your boxer-briefs in a bunch

i never used the m-word

"...and a boy with a faulty birth that remains attached to his mother's vagina for life." Oh my god that sounds like the greatest scene ever

I was right

• Like 1

woah there cowboy

don't get your boxer-briefs in a bunch

i never used the m-word

What was it that you were implying if not some sort of mysoginist agenda by Besser?

Also he listed Mary Holland & Gabrus as his MVPs for the year, and has named wild horses as being the best improv team.

• Like 3

i'm merely suggesting that an increase in female guests would be a welcome change to the show. it's been a month since there was a woman on the show.

Founding the UCB that launched a lot of female comedy careers doesn't count for much I guess.

• Like 1

i'm merely suggesting that an increase in female guests would be a welcome change to the show. it's been a month since there was a woman on the show.

Not to jump on you, but the Best Of episode released last week featured a bunch of women.

• Like 1

clip shows don't count :P

Founding the UCB that launched a lot of female comedy careers doesn't count for much I guess.

that's neither here nor there.

look, i love matt besser and i love improv4humans, but all-dude episodes are just lacking.

The "izzy" scene when Gabrus is going full misogynist and Besser reveals Gabrus is the wife. Amazing twist.

• Like 1

Did you make an earwolf forum account just to come on here and push that women aren't in comedy enough?

clip shows don't count :P

that's neither here nor there.

look, i love matt besser and i love improv4humans, but all-dude episodes are just lacking.

Ok is this the bottom of it? What are they "just lacking", other than women?

• Like 1

i made an earwolf account because i am a fan of a few earwolf shows. so far i have only used it to complain about the lack of women on i4h.

"the bottom of it" is what i said at the top - invite more women guests.

• Like 1

i made an earwolf account because i am a fan of a few earwolf shows. so far i have only used it to complain about the lack of women on i4h.

"the bottom of it" is what i said at the top - invite more women guests.

The best kind of fan!

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this