🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CaseyLincoln

Suggestion: Blazing Saddles v. Young Frankenstein

The Canon needs more comedy. I would love to hear a Canon VS episode examining Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles, as these two comedies both made a huge mark in 74/75. I would consider Young Frankenstein an underdog, but the two films are so memorable and so connected that I feel a VS would be the way to go.

As a University of Iowa graduate, it would be great to see a film with so many Iowa ties be inducted to the Canon. Gene Wilder and Alex Karras were both UI grads (Go Hawks), and Cloris Leachman is from Des Moines.

• Like 1

I think I'm at that level of love for these films where, if either of these got in, I'd be really happy--though not quite to the point where, if one of them couldn't get it in, I'd be somewhat devastated. This could be a fun episode, though I wouldn't mind discussing The Producers, Silent Movie, or even Spaceballs.

I remember this suggestion from the old forums, and it's still genius. Hell, why not make it even tougher and do a 3-way versus with The Producers!

With Mel Brooks making an appearance on HDTGM, I think (at least) one of his films is ripe for an episode.

I think Producers v. Young Frankenstein would be more difficult, at least for me. Much as I like Blazing Saddles, Cleavon Little is basically the only reason that the movie works -- there's pretty much no structure.

Sign in to follow this