🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 53 - The Line For The Circular Saw In The Lumber Department at Home Depot

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes all-- including the bros-- back to SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is singer-songwriter and composer Michael Penn! They chat about public restroom precautions, glamping in a tiny house, and Michael's collection of unusual musical instruments. Paul is then joined by Stephanie Courtney, Michael Oosterom, and Little Janet Varney to improvise a story set in The Line For The Circular Saw In The Lumber Department at Home Depot. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano! SPONTANEANATION LIVE returns to Largo on Saturday, April 2nd! Paul’s special guest will be Grant-Lee Phillips and his improvisors will be Stephanie Courtney, Colleen Smith and Gary Anthony Williams! Get your tickets now: bit.ly/SPONT416

PFT's EPISODE NOTES

- In the pictures, there is more grey in my hair than usual because I’d come to the recording straight from the set of Bajillion Dollar Propertie$!

• Like 1

PFT's EPISODE NOTES

- In the pictures, there is more grey in my hair than usual because I’d come to the recording straight from the set of Bajillion Dollar Propertie$!

Sure it's the reason, Paul. ;)

• Like 4

The emotion that Cal Solomon showed in the mattress ad really overloaded my feels. I am DONE with the Sugar Hill Gang; they are NOTHING without the sad guy.

...NOTHING.

• Like 3

Paul's mention of the Fisher Price Circus Set sent me down a rabbit hole of finding all my old Fisher Price toys....

Really enjoyed Eban playing The Penis Song from Monty Python at the end of the interview segment

• Like 2

Just started the episode, and wanted to say these two things:

1.) That new logo is straight killer! I love it!

2.) Janet Varney! Yes!

• Like 5

"There's a lot of magic in the Home Depot" is my favorite Hold Steady song

Really enjoyed Eban playing The Penis Song from Monty Python at the end of the interview segment

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Eban's musical choices this week were killer.

Great episode! And I must say, that new logo is BANGING. The idea of couching the insignia inside a compass rose is SO cool. It seamlessly fits with the old map background and the parchment/canvas-style banner swirling about it. Every time I turn my phone on and see the logo full on the screen I just GLOM on it with my eyes. It fucking POPS. Perfect evolution of the logo. Cheers!

• Like 3

I don't know if the intro monologue was especially good today, or if I just love how much JV enjoyed it.

• Like 3

A whole lot to love in this episode, but the thing that made me happiest of all was the special appearance of our old friend the Jazzy Rascal.

• Like 2

A whole lot to love in this episode, but the thing that made me happiest of all was the special appearance of our old friend the Jazzy Rascal.

Yes! I knew there was something I wanted to mention from this one, and that was definitely it.

• Like 1

Is there a petition or something I can sign to have Little Janet Varney appear on every episode from now on? All of Paul's regular guests are great, but Lil' JV in particular adds so much to every episode she's on.

• Like 3

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Eban's musical choices this week were killer.

Did anyone else hear choptsticks at just under the hour mark?

• Like 3

I truly hope that hoes are welcomed in next week's episode.

Not until the bros get it

Did anyone else hear choptsticks at just under the hour mark?

yes definitely

• Like 1

"Baaaa!"

"Oh no, wait, you're not the same goat. What's going on here?"

*meanwhile*

"I wonder if that was the spirit of the goat that clearly had died."

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know."

Dying!

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this