🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
joel_rosenbaum

Delirious (1991)

I loved John Candy growing up, but let's be honest; setting aside two movies, his (starring) film career is filled with turds. When it comes down to honest to god fucked-up ness, it's pretty damn hard to top Nothing But Trouble. For second place, though, I'd have to put Delirious up there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cd9sWGlhoM

I always liked this movie, although I do have nostalgia bias. It really was a weird one though.

I would also be down if they did Wagons East or Who's Harry Crumb?

Agreed this is actually one of the more enjoyable of Candy's cinematic turds (maybe I'm just a sucker for high concept 80's hijinks). It's knowingly silly.

This movie is awful but it's totally watchable because Candy was a force. There is no other person in the history of earth who could have carried this. I will go one further and say that even if those weird, quasi-scientific sci-fi theories are true that say that man was seeded here and there are other civilizations of what are essentially humans with massive populations in other galaxies, none of them could have carried this either. And yet, I've watched it like 3 times and will probably watch it again.

• Like 1

I love this movie! My boyfriend gets annoyed every time I watch it. The difference in my family having HBO when we were kids and his not I guess.

Watched this last night. Its actually alot more fun than I remember. Dylan Baker, Raymond Burr, and Robert Wagner are all pretty fucking delightful in it as well.

Sign in to follow this