🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 412 - Little Whittle Whistle

Ugh, Cameron is one of the hackiest comics around. Her routines are hot shehorned message comedy garbage that appeals to Buzzfeed demographics.Every time she tries to convey a message through one of her far fetched monologues on a VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE it induces pure cringe because, unlike an Aziz Anssari, she fucking bombs at nuance or doing justice to any of her issues. Her delivery is clumsy too/. Stop trying to make her a thing, Scott.

Oh.

• Like 3

Why has no one addressed the fact that Scott said "Beetlejuice" 3 times.

• Like 5

Honestly, I dont have the unbridled hate for Cameron that this other guy has, but I agree with the sentiment that Earwolf seems to think she's bigger and better than I think she is.

You white knights who want to call anyone gamergate who dares to not just fawn over the amazing skills of a lesbian comedian can sit the F down. To be honest, the only reason you'll see some bounceback Cameron's way is because the average earwolf listener is such a nauseating white knight "if you have nothing nice to say shut up!" sayer that those of us who are somewhat normal and dare to have an objective point of view for the comedy they're listening to and actually can admit "this was just okay" or "so and so is fine but I don't laugh out loud at them" are goaded to coming out of the dark and actually sharing those viewpoints.

Cameron is a pleasant woman, and a solid guest for that reason but I don't find her to be a great comedian. I definitely feel like she is 'pushed' by the earwolf powers that be

• Like 8

...make them feel less bumfuck shitty...

This makes is all worthwhile!

• Like 1

For the record, not a big fan of Cameron. She's fine. Not a C+, maybe a B-. Saw her on @midnight last week and she's not a top tier guest on that show, but is pretty good.

That said, I do like her a lot on these Stealwater episodes and I do think she is good at the improv side, a lot better at going with it than some of the other non improv stand-up guests who don't know what to do when the characters come on. She seems supremely confident, and really throws herself into it, and is funny enough to make it work.

• Like 4

Can we get a masterlist going of everyone we're NOT okay with being on the podcast so I can forward it to Scott? I know for a fact he would treasure it.

• Like 22

There is no plight greater and more fraught with peril than that of a podcast listener that does not like the guest. If their voices are crushed we are no better than Adolf Hitler himself, from Nazi Germany

• Like 17

Well I can understand people voicing their opinion on her if she was terrible on this episode but they are attacking her as a comedian and the way she does her stand up which has basically nothing to do with this episode... So what if she isn't your type of comedian doesn't mean she isn't funny at improv comedy on a podcast.

• Like 7

Why has no one addressed the fact that Scott said "Beetlejuice" 3 times.

I'm usually more worried he'll say 'Mailer Daemon' 13 times.

• Like 5

love love love cameron. i always enjoy her on podcasts and her standup (non-tv) is so natural, hilarious & engaging. looking forward to hearing this one, especially with pft -- you can't really go wrong.

on a side note, there are definitely a lot of guest comedians featured on this podcast that i don't find funny, but i never go out of my way to let everyone know "ugh...this comedian sucks!" i just know that they're not my cup of tea and move on. comedy, is of course, subjective as fuck.

but let's not gloss over the fact that there are reasons a certain people seem to go after her more. y'all can figure it out.

• Like 15

Cameron can be VERY funny, but she always flounders on CBB. There is something about her/Scott that just doesn't click for me. I think it's because they are actually very similar in their delivery styles (and I wonder if she wasn't influenced by him following CBB so much back in the day). Very funny person, but meh on CBB. Doesn't make her a 'bad comedian'.

• Like 2

Ugh, Cameron is one of the hackiest comics around. Her routines are hot shehorned message comedy garbage that appeals to Buzzfeed demographics.Every time she tries to convey a message through one of her far fetched monologues on a VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE it induces pure cringe because, unlike an Aziz Anssari, she fucking bombs at nuance or doing justice to any of her issues. Her delivery is clumsy too/. Stop trying to make her a thing, Scott.

"Do you guys remember when ring around the collar was a thing in the 90s in commercials?"

"Do you guys not clean your buttholes?"

Couple of 'yikes' moments here, but I think it's because she's with an idol. She's spoken before about how much she likes respects Scott and I think she's nervous each time they start. But then when a PFT gets involved she's always back to herself again. I think she's great but just gets in her own head with Scott.

Let's all delete our profiles and hope that someday this entire thread is forgotten. Myshkina-Millenia and StanSitwell you go first. I promise everyone else will delete their profiles after you do.

• Like 20

Let's all delete our profiles and hope that someday this entire thread is forgotten. Myshkina-Millenia and StanSitwell you go first. I promise everyone else will delete their profiles after you do.

Oh that's right, I forget that message boards are actually optimism boards, and some people are too frail-minded to handle reading an opinion that differs from their own

Real question: were you kids homeschooled?

Opinions are like assholes, they're round... you put anchovies on em...

• Like 6

It took longer than I'd hoped, but we eventually outgrew the "bands do/do not belong on CBB" debate that took place after every episode featuring a musical guest, thanks in no small part to Scott continuing to book whoever the fuck he wants on his own show.

I look forward to a day when Cameron can appear on a podcast without the "Have we reached Peak Lesbian?" argument.

Until then? Later, shitlords.

tumblr_mqfjpgh2681qaru4bo1_400.gif

• Like 24

Cameron Esposito is a delight, as always, and we get a Stealwater/Stillwater family reunion? Glorious! Maybe soon Mrs. God can make an appearance on the podcast?

Messrs. Gourley and Tompkins are preternaturally talented.

• Like 5

Twas a cryin' shame to leave Matt Gourley sitting patiently for over an hour! I absolutely love his ol' timey southern drawl.

• Like 3