🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 412 - Little Whittle Whistle

Oh that's right, I forget that message boards are actually optimism boards, and some people are too frail-minded to handle reading an opinion that differs from their own

Real question: were you kids homeschooled?

Opinions are like assholes, they're round... you put anchovies on em...

Hey I sometimes feel that the 'never say anything bad about a guest ever!' policy is a little much, but Myshkina-Millenia was being a real dick.

In answer to your homeschooled question, no I wasn't, but my mum (I am British lol) always told me to not be dick. I try to heed her advice wherever possible.

• Like 9

Oh that's right, I forget that message boards are actually optimism boards, and some people are too frail-minded to handle reading an opinion that differs from their own

This isn't about white knights coming to a guests defense. This is about shit slingers who don't like when the shit flies back in their direction.

• Like 6

big, BIG ups for "optimism boards," wishing i thought of that myself tbh.

i'm just glad someone finally had the gumption to stand up and take a hard stance against optimism. don't even get me started on those vaccines!

• Like 14

but let's not gloss over the fact that there are reasons a certain people seem to go after her more. y'all can figure it out.

It is worth pointing out that there are really just a couple of dissenters here, and only one I've seen who was just rambling hateful shit. Those SNL dudes a week or so back had a decent amount of hate in the forums despite the fact that they are a couple white guys who have given us some good eps in the past. Not saying gender or sexuality doesn't play into this kind of thing for some, but to act like non-minorities get a free pass here is not exactly accurate.

• Like 3

It is worth pointing out that there are really just a couple of dissenters here, and only one I've seen who was just rambling hateful shit. Those SNL dudes a week or so back had a decent amount of hate in the forums despite the fact that they are a couple white guys who have given us some good eps in the past. Not saying gender or sexuality doesn't play into this kind of thing for some, but to act like non-minorities get a free pass here is not exactly accurate.

Except their critique was that they didn't find the bit funny.

The critique of Cameron is that she's a woman and a lesbian.

One is comedic criticism and one is hate speech.

• Like 1

I was looking forward to posting how much I loved this episode and Cameron and PFT and Gourley, but this thread is a big pile of nope, so I'm running away after saying it's great!

• Like 3

Those SNL dudes a week or so back had a decent amount of hate in the forums despite the fact that they are a couple white guys who have given us some good eps in the past. Not saying gender or sexuality doesn't play into this kind of thing for some, but to act like non-minorities get a free pass here is not exactly accurate.

The worst thing said in that one was "not my favourite episode" and "wasn't really feeling it". A few of the people in this one have let out hateful bullshit and directly called her out, the first one without even having heard the episode considering how fast he/she(who am I kidding here?) posted.

This was an extremely fun ep, as good as any of the best ones so far this year. I guess it's just a reminder that these forums can be the wasteland of reddit or the comment section on a thinkpiece article from time to time.

• Like 2

Except their critique was that they didn't find the bit funny.

The critique of Cameron is that she's a woman and a lesbian.

One is comedic criticism and one is hate speech.

I am having trouble finding anyone (besides that first dude) who even made the slightest mention of her being a lesbian woman. Actually, the only people that seem to be so fixated on her sex/gender are the one's defending her. Maybe you all have the hangups and overcompensate through--to quote real-estate magnate Stan Sitwell--your PC white-knightery?

EDIT: Just did a quick double check. And yeah, the fixation on her personal life is being perpetrated by the defenders. I have no horse in this race, but I just think that says something, when all of you get up in arms trying to out-PC one another, yet you're the ones making sure we all define her by her sex/gender. Ah, the cyclical nature of PC culture. The white elite making sure we're all following the rules they've put in place for us in the name of equality.

• Like 2

The reference to the brands of Dove for Men with or without the micro beads really hit one close to home for me.

I too do not enjoy the exfoliating beads and instead by the green color one.

• Like 1

guys i have a joke about the new sponsor

"The Black Tux Table Reads"

thank you

• Like 2

I think my favourite lines from this one were PFT after all the times he has given Scott crap about rambling etc "See this is me not interrupting and look how it's going" and Scott's "And I'm here too!" tickled me to no end for some reason.

• Like 9

I am having trouble finding anyone (besides that first dude) who even made the slightest mention of her being a lesbian woman. Actually, the only people that seem to be so fixated on her sex/gender are the one's defending her. Maybe you all have the hangups and overcompensate through--to quote real-estate magnate Stan Sitwell--your PC white-knightery?

EDIT: Just did a quick double check. And yeah, the fixation on her personal life is being perpetrated by the defenders. I have no horse in this race, but I just think that says something, when all of you get up in arms trying to out-PC one another, yet you're the ones making sure we all define her by her sex/gender. Ah, the cyclical nature of PC culture. The white elite making sure we're all following the rules they've put in place for us in the name of equality.

You should seek help. Whether it be a shrink or just calling into beautiful/anonymous.

• Like 1

As a drunk un-funny lesbian i find this thread to be pretty hurtful tbh imo irl 80085.

• Like 8

"Did you say nice vision goggles?" I love how PFT's inflections can make the simplest things make me crack up.

• Like 7

I kinda want Cameron to start a band called I'm A Lesbian and then get Besser to book the band on Improv4Humans because that would be the perfect Earwolf forum hater shitstorm of the century. And then maybe submit the comments to Yo Is This Racist because why not I guess.

• Like 14

I kinda want Cameron to start a band called I'm A Lesbian and then get Besser to book the band on Improv4Humans because that would be the perfect Earwolf forum hater shitstorm of the century. And then maybe submit the comments to Yo Is This Racist because why not I guess.

You rascal, you.

I can't believe you guys just define Cameron as a lesbian comedian. She's a lesbian COMIC. I'm tired of all the job title shaming in this thread.

*CAAHMIC

This episode was good. Honestly my only complaint would be how PFT and Gourley steered things in a direction pretty similar to their last canonical appearance i.e. Stealwater appears unbeknownst to JW, blows his cover, then escapes in a convoluted way. Richard Harrow was a welcome bbbonus, but whatever happened to the League of Keepers or whatever it was called?

• Like 1

Speaking of Esposito, what ever happened to Jennifer Esposito?

PV4ogEX.jpg

Feel free to post your fond memories of Jennifer Esposito.

• Like 3

I think she was on a sitcom I saw one time.

RIP Jen