🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ArlenAHarrow

Suggest - Top Ten from years long gone.

Not sure if this has ever been suggested but I was wondering if an episode formatted like the end of the year episodes about say 1994 or 1982 would be something the hosts are into or other listeners desire. I also think this would is a good way to give movies previously discussed a second chance. Perhaps a top ten of 1986 would give The Fly a second chance, so on and so forth.

So yeah, really interested in opinions on this.

• Like 2

I like this idea, 1999 would be a good year to do, too. I know there are a lot of lay-up films, so to speak, and perhaps the idea of talking about one for an hour is exhausting (Devin said he hates talking about FIGHT CLUB & BIG LEBOWSKI) because some are talked to death. Could be a good way to get through some of those. Multiple admissions from one episode. I'd be into that.

I think it's a great idea as well. The 2014 and 2015 round up episodes are some of my favorites. I enjoy hearing them talk about a variety of films in one go.

Not a bad idea, but I think we'll already be given a chance to vote for The Fly whenever they do the next second chance episode.

Do you mean, every now and then, Devin and Amy would choose a year, and Devin would pick his favorite film of the year, and Amy would pick her favorite film of the year, and they would kung-fu fight?

Or would they choose from some pre-selected Top Ten of the Year? Or would they even go - GASP! - by the year's box office? Judge the year's worth by the fans? That...could potentially be really challenging.

And I don't just mean Predator vs. Robocop. Though I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to listen to just such an episode.

If this implies the other 'best of the year' nominees lose the chance to get into The Canon, I'm going to have to say

691.gif

(unless we really are just talking the 'Devin & Amy #1 fave picks kung fu-ing each other' option... I'm totally into that)

Sign in to follow this