🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DanEngler

Season 3: Game 1 - Pistol Shrimps 4/5/16

The Shrimps take on the Ba Dunka Dunks at Lake St. Gym. Matt Gourley and Mark McConville call the action, Jensen Karp has the Sock Report.

• Like 7

This podcast.... it just blows me away. It's so consistently funny that it astounds me. Maybe it's not the absolute funniest podcast ever, but the fact that it's just Gourley and McConville sitting around, watching basketball for hours upon hours and STILL so damn funny is one of the greatest comedic accomplishments I've ever witnessed. It's like that old trope of a comedian's worst nightmare: someone coming up to them and saying, "I heard you're a comedian. So tell me a joke. Be funny." Only Gourley and McConville do just that; they just ARE funny. For an hour at a time.

• Like 9

"Brain leave-you-alones" just made me laugh like a loon at my desk. Good thing my coworkers already think I'm a nut!

• Like 4

I'm so happy to have an Earwolf-sanctioned place to talk about the Shistol Primps.

My ONLY CONCERN about this new development is that I hope having real podcast ads doesn't stop Matt and Mark from talking about all of their many fake sponsors.

• Like 6

"'Impotent Heart,' starring Kevin Bacon."

"And Christian Slater."

"And Muslim Slater."

"And Muslims Earlier."

I. Fucking. Died.

• Like 11

There are few things that make me laugh as much as Matt (Mc)Gourley getting invested in the game (and Mark laughing at him.)

"If you put that in I'm gonna murrrrrderrrr your family..."

• Like 9

I got a 'Time Keeps on Slippin' vibe from the second half.

• Like 1

Glad to see PSR on Earwolf!

Real ads feel weird, but I like that they're live reads that get integrated into the podcast and not drop-ins that interrupt the action. I did like the Mack Weldon riffing though.

Was really into the game at the end too. What a nail-biter.

• Like 2

Yay Pistol Shrimps on Earwolf! It's an April 5th miracle! This podcast is great, go Shrimps!

• Like 2

"I wanna base jump off your dick" may be the best signoff line in podcast history.

Especially so because it was said in a prayer to God.

I just want to sincerely thank this podcast for finding me a forever home. I no longer have to live on Sbarro pizza.

• Like 8

These “Pistol Shrimps Brain Leave-Alones" are terrific. If Matt had a stroke on-air, there would be no way to tell

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this