đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

Episode 133.5 - Minisode 133.5

Now that we have defeated The Quest, who will be our next opponent? Before we get into that, Paul shares some voicemail opinions that YOU gave us regarding JCVD's buns. Send your own voicemail question for Paul to answer by calling 619-PAUL ASK. Later, Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for The Quest, shares a great trap track a listener made during Fan Creations, and tells us about a very special Garry Shandling gem you should seek out. Don’t forget to check out Blake Harris’ Oral History of The Quest over at www.slashfilm.com! Get yourself a BB-8 “What Is Its Mission?” T-shirt or Tote Bag over at http://howdidthisgetmade.bigcartel.com/ Set your DVRs for Party Over Here, a new FOX sketch comedy show from The Lonely Island and Paul starring Nicole Byer, Jessica McKenna, and Alison Rich. It airs Saturdays at 11 pm. People of the internet: Watch Paul in Fresh off the Boat on ABC. Awhile ago, Paul and Rob Huebel did a comedy special on a 60 foot glass bus that traveled around LA. Now you’ll be able to see it. Go to https://itun.es/us/3M4J9 now to buy it! You can also see Jason in Transparent on Amazon! Also, check out June in Grace and Frankie available on Netflix, and in all the episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free, and Jason in The Dictator (he’s still in it!).

Are we 100% sure that that was the actual Chewbacca and not just some guy calling in as he tried to do a split?

• Like 7

Paul, the use of the words "juicy" and "moist" was more upsetting than any man doing a split could ever be. *shudders*

• Like 4

I have an honest question. I see that this is the film debut of Caitlin/Bruce Jenner, once Bruce became Cait, did everything that was done as Bruce retroactively become done by Cait?

Paul, the use of the words "juicy" and "moist" was more upsetting than any man doing a split could ever be. *shudders*

I know. I listened to it on my ride into work this morning and was like, "Please never say that again."

I have an honest question. I see that this is the film debut of Caitlin/Bruce Jenner, once Bruce became Cait, did everything that was done as Bruce retroactively become done by Cait?

For the most part, I think so. Like, when I talk about the Matrix movies, I tend to say The Wachowskis rather than The Wachowski Brothers. Or, when I talk about Against Me's early albums, I call their singer Laura rather than Tom.

Generally speaking, I think most trans persons prefer to be called by their current name, even when you're talking about them pre-transition.

Note: this is all just my understanding, and it may vary on a person-to-person basis.

• Like 2

Yeah, on the Matrix I wonder if they become "The Wachowski Sisters" now or if they're just going to keep it at "The Wachowskis." I wasn't sure if it was like getting married or going through with a name change where you are referred to your new name or if they did not connect with the old identity and the different names are used to mark the different eras. I ask because I don't know any trans people (or I am at least unaware if I know any) and just want to be respectful.

First thing I thought of when I saw the episode title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyCfp_Zz5Ek&feature=youtu.be

I've never even heard of this movie, but when he said it was about The Village People, I thought 'ok, I'll watch it.' Then he said Steve Guttenberg and I fucking died.

Demolition Man with Van Damme and Steven Seagal? Good lord.

Right, no Mortal Kombat Annihilation announced, time to start Powerbombing people...

Yeah, on the Matrix I wonder if they become "The Wachowski Sisters" now or if they're just going to keep it at "The Wachowskis." I wasn't sure if it was like getting married or going through with a name change where you are referred to your new name or if they did not connect with the old identity and the different names are used to mark the different eras. I ask because I don't know any trans people (or I am at least unaware if I know any) and just want to be respectful.

All the respect, courtesy, sensitivity, and genuine self-awareness on this thread...

C'mon, guys! This is the Internet here! We're dangerously close to giving it a good name!

This is what I'm going to do: I'm going to turn my back, and when I turn back around, I want to see at least ten hate-filled posts dripping with half-baked rhetoric and insane assumptions. They should also include numerous grammatical and spelling errors, and at minimum, 70% of the post should be written in furious Caps Lock.

Please, guys, I can't live in a world where decent people might actually exist!

• Like 7

I wish that Mr. Boogaloo song could have been a Plugs theme, because Scott's head would have exploded less than halfway in.

I think it's correct (and I would also think inoffensive) to say "Bruce Jenner acted in this movie" (because that's what the credits say and what happened) OR "Caitlin Jenner acted in this movie" (because Caitlin Jenner is a person and acting in this movie is something she did).

All the respect, courtesy, sensitivity, and genuine self-awareness on this thread...

C'mon, guys! This is the Internet here! We're dangerously close to giving it a good name!

This is what I'm going to do: I'm going to turn my back, and when I turn back around, I want to see at least ten hate-filled posts dripping with half-baked rhetoric and insane assumptions. They should also include numerous grammatical and spelling errors, and at minimum, 70% of the post should be written in furious Caps Lock.

Please, guys, I can't live in a world where decent people might actually exist!

If you want, I could write a diatribe about how Jyn Erso in the Rogue One trailer is a Mary Sue and how the liberal fascists at Disney are pushing their agenda by brainwashing children to believe that girls can do anything boys can (they can't; it's simple biology!). And don't bring up Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan or Anakin or any of the other dudes who were naturally able to do whatever the situation called for; that's totally different, and if you don't see why, it's not worth my time explaining it to you.

I hope you appreciate how much it hurt my soul to write that, Cameron.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

If you want, I could write a diatribe about how Jyn Erso in the Rogue One trailer is a Mary Sue and how the liberal fascists at Disney are pushing their agenda by brainwashing children to believe that girls can do anything boys can (they can't; it's simple biology!). And don't bring up Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan or Anakin or any of the other dudes who were naturally able to do whatever the situation called for; that's totally different, and if you don't see why, it's not worth my time explaining it to you.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 3

giphy.gif

tumblr_m1gvv2l2rx1qc7idyo1_500.gif

Oh yeah...that's the stuff.

Now defend the Religious Freedom Bill while I choke myself with a belt and jerk it into a can of Orange Crush.

And tell it to me slowly.

• Like 4

Here. This will help:

http://www.themarysu...-angry-fanboys/

ALSO THIS! Written by our very own over-lord Paul Sheer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiCsbCr49Lc

It was this kind of demeaning behavior and talk that prompted me to dump my boyfriend. Once he tried to convince me that Rey was actually a Mary-Sue and that the term isn't sexist. :D (YEP WORD FOR WORD THAT FIRST LINE THAT PAUL WROTE)

• Like 8

ALSO THIS! Written by our very own over-lord Paul Sheer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiCsbCr49Lc

It was this kind of demeaning behavior and talk that prompted me to dump my boyfriend. He tried to convince me that Rey was actually a Mary-Sue and that the term isn't sexist. :D (YEP WORD FOR WORD THAT FIRST LINE THAT PAUL WROTE)

It sucks anytime a relationship ends, but I'm glad you dumped him then. Not over Rey, but you deserve better than a guy who would think like that.

• Like 4

It sucks anytime a relationship ends, but I'm glad you dumped him then. Not over Rey, but you deserve better than a guy who would think like that.

Oh yeah it wasn't that specific conversation that made me end it, but rather the belittling way he talked to me about things after a while, knowing that I am a feminist and a huge nerd, but no still I am not as "knowledgeable" as he is so my opinions "should be well thought out."

It does suck, but in the words of the Almighty Peggy Carter -

tumblr_nkbiyc6h951tq4of6o1_500.gif

• Like 4

Fuck that. I'm glad she dumped him over Rey. Rey = serious business.

• Like 3

On IMDB they have Caitlyn Jenner listed as the actor playing the part of Ron White (as Bruce Jenner)

It also says that people who like this movie also liked Xanadu and The Hindenburg.

Knowing that the movie was directed by 70's sit-com actor Nancy Walker style of the intro sequence makes more sense. The song is like a TV theme song, and the split screen, the random parade and all of Gutenburg's "Oh, yeah! I love this fucking transistor radio!" gestures fit perfectly. I expected it to go to an ad for Brill Cream when it finished.

"Let me pause and boogie for a little bit while these garbage men do their thing. Yeah! Look at my fucking radio!"

65uUp39.jpg

Also, Paul Sand! Paul Sand is the pre-Reagan era Jeff Goldblum. He's so Goldblum, even Goldblum is like 'um... yeah, well, you see... um, turn down your Goldblum just a little."

On IMDB they have Caitlyn Jenner listed as the actor playing the part of Ron White (as Bruce Jenner)

It also says that people who like this movie also liked Xanadu and The Hindenburg.

... not the movie The Hindenburg but the actual disaster.

• Like 1

I can tell now that watching the biker in this movie just is going to make me want to go listen to Judas Priest.

• Like 1