🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Sievers

Suggestion: Black Swan vs. Whiplash

I posted this a few months ago on the old Wolfpop forums but I felt with a more organised forum and larger audience I'd go ahead and put my suggestion here;

Obsession about your art. I think this could be interesting. I'm not sure where Amy sits on these films but they were both well received and share similar themes.

Whiplash was a fine film though I personally believe Black Swan is Aronofsky's masterpiece.

• Like 2

You could also throw in Requiem for a Dream and The Wrestler, because they're very thematically similar Aronofsky films. That said, both Black Swan and Whiplash are absolutely thrilling, and I think both are canon-worthy. I'd be up for this episode.

• Like 1

What about Black Swan vs. The Red Shoes?

Despite the themes being nearly-identical, they're just so very, very different in style and tone. You're either in the mood for one, or for the other. But never, ever both. Versus episodes that fit the same mood are probably the fairest to put up, otherwise you're basically choosing between two genres as much as between two films, and your vote could be based on what kind of day you're having.

I'd love to see Red Shoes put up, though. Black Swan vs. Requiem for a Dream would be pretty good too.

• Like 1

I feel like Black Swan would stomp, which is sad, because I love Whiplash so much

Sign in to follow this