🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 55 - Land Rover

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes you all back to the safe place called SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is Mary Holland of Wild Horses and Blunt Talk! They chat about whether Mary's parents' divorce was her fault, growing up in a radiologist family, and tag-- the most dangerous game. Paul is then joined by Sarah Burns, Jean Villepique, and Gary Anthony Williams to improvise a story set in a Land Rover. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano! SPONTANEANATION LIVE returns to Largo on Saturday, June 4th, with special guest

! Tickets are available now: bit.ly/SPONT616

Haven't listened to the improv section yet (Spontaneanation interview half always works out to be around as long as my morning commute), but I have to say that the entire discussion of childhood injuries and emergency room visits made me REALLY uncomfortable. Did anyone else feel this way?

--CHILDHOOD INJURY TRIGGER WARNING--

When I was little, my dad had this exercise bike. I would go on it sometimes and cycle. One day, when I was riding on it, my baby brother crawled up to it and put his finger in in the spokes. It ended up ripping the tip of his little finger off (from the tip to the top knuckle). He started screaming and I saw blood on the carpet so I screamed for my mom. She came and freaked out called the doctor; we went there and then to the emergency room. I felt so horrible and my poor baby brother was in so much pain. The doctors ended up bandaging his finger up a lot and I think they closed it up with stitches.

We're adults now and the end of my brother's finger looks a little funky/deformed but he doesn't remember it. I STILL think about that sometimes and I still feel awful, even though nobody in my family blames me for it at all. My parents still have that exercise bike and I still panic a little bit when my nephew and niece are visiting and go even 10 feet near it.

Hey, I'm one of these "medical peons" who takes x-rays and may I say WATCH IT. If I felt like being annoying scientific inaccuracy correction guy, I would have so much to say about this episode, but luckily I don't.

Anyway, I loved this episode, Herman the chimney sweep who sounds like Russell Brand, Eban playing Chimchiminey, the people who got toinked and spoke funny nonsense, the cats saving the day, and of course Boingo and her hissing. I want to know more about this chicken the size of a Christmas tree. Does it know Mrs. Feathers, the chicken who won a Grammy for longest sustained note?

That fake ad was amazingly hilarious. It made me cry-laugh and ask "What is happening?"

• Like 3

Boingo the Celebrity-Turned-Hermit was quite a gem of a character to have had unfold.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed Eban slipping in not one but TWO oliver twist songs

• Like 1

Man, Paul, you really put Eban through the gauntlet at the top of this episode. Congrats on keeping up with the haunted washing machine story, Eban. Top notch improve piano work there.

Also finally realized that eban hasn't been throwing in the Harry Potter Theme and it is actually the Swan Lake main theme which sound very similar

was reslitening again and found a THIRD oliver twist song i missed the first several times!

Sign in to follow this