🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Just Add Pepper

Welcome, influx of new listeners!

Hi new friends,

No doubt you're here because you heard Hayes and Sean on Comedy Bang Bang today and you want to come sit at the cool kids table. And we're glad to have you! We're a pretty close community over here, and we love making little jokes with each other and generally spreading good vibes like a Dave Matthews Band concert, except instead of a beach ball it's gags and riffs and puns and good friendship. Hollywood Handbook fans tend to be a very specific niche of comedy nerds, and so if you like making jokes, making funny pictures, or making your own podcast (a few forum members have podcasts that are very funny), this is a good place for you.

I've spoken with the admins, and while we SHOULD have the bandwidth to support your posts, we will NOT have the bandwidth or RAM to support 19 threads of "where is popcorn gallery posts?" or "anyone else think frankenstein is a scary rudeboy?". So I want to help you guys out.

For starters, here is a forum guide by our very own Joe McGurl:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

And then, a few FAQS:

1. I made a thread and nobody is responding, why is that?

There's no great reason for this, but the bulk of our conversations stay within the weekly episode threads. Many moons ago, when it was The Reality Show Show, Hayes and Sean would implore the audience to post on their forums, saying that they really needed a "HOT" status on the weekly thread in order for Earwolf to keep them on the air. Maybe it grew out of that.

2. Reality Show Show, what's that?

It's a very funny podcast hosted by the same people as Hollywood Handbook. The episodes are still available through Earwolf, and unless that Howl paywall ever goes up, you can listen to them any time.

3. Where do I post Popcorn Gallery questions?

Hayes or Sean (screen names Hayzie Bone and Clem Dawg) will pop into the weekly thread sometimes and ask for questions. They usually record later in the week, and I've seen question requests go up as late as 9pm EST. It's not every week, but it is some weeks, so keep an eye out for that.

I'm sure there are more things I could answer, but hopefully this steers you guys in the right direction. Much love,

-J.P.

• Like 19

I'm sad it took me this long to find Hollywood Handbook, but I take solace in knowing that now...I'm finally home.

• Like 3

Can we get this stickied? All of these "hey new to the forums, wut do?" threads are becoming a norm and I for one am not a big fan. yeah. thanks.

• Like 4

Can we get this stickied? All of these "hey new to the forums, wut do?" threads are becoming a norm and I for one am not a big fan. yeah. thanks.

I have the power to sticky posts...

What would you guys like? This post stickied? Or should I create a new thread called like, "Welcome to Hollywood Handbook" and you guys can do whatever the heck you want with that?

Let me know. :)

• Like 2

I'm not one of the long term forum members, but I think making this post sticky would be good enough.

• Like 2

I'm not one of the long term forum members, but I think making this post sticky would be good enough.

perfect endorsement.

• Like 2