🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Kevin Bartelt

Episode 235 - Death of a Gorgeous Shirt: Live at UCB Sunset

Jon Daly, Seth Morris and Neil Campbell join Matt Besser for a live episode of improv4humans at UCB Sunset. Political man-on-the-street interviews inspire scenes about voting for change and a struggling paid protestor. Also, a family has emotional last rites for an incredible shirt, and a new intern pitches Besser videos ideas for the next live show. Sign up for Seeso.com to watch Besser’s stand-up special “Besser Breaks the Record” and “The UCB Show,” which were filmed live in UCBLA.

Ahh thank you Kevon for using my YouTube suggestion. That made for very good improv, this ep is fucking hilarious.

• Like 3

Normally I love lighthearted videos about actual murderers and staged dad freakouts but Kevin needs to be flogged Singapore style for those two.

Don't really care for Besser once again shilling Hillary and calling other people stupid based on opinion, but I know by now that's just who he is and it's what to expect. He loves to make others feel stupid which is ironic as he often says dumb things or comes off uncultured and uninformed. I don't mean to trash the guy, he can dish it so I'm sure he can take it. Above all, I feel that focusing on politics or debating is a waste of otherwise useful time for comedy. I understand that politics is a big influence for some comedy, but there's no need to focus on it when there's so much out there to do improv on. That said, this was a great ep. and an amazing lineup.

• Like 2

Don't really care for Besser once again shilling Hillary and calling other people stupid based on opinion, but I know by now that's just who he is and it's what to expect. He loves to make others feel stupid which is ironic as he often says dumb things or comes off uncultured and uninformed. I don't mean to trash the guy, he can dish it so I'm sure he can take it. Above all, I feel that focusing on politics or debating is a waste of otherwise useful time for comedy. I understand that politics is a big influence for some comedy, but there's no need to focus on it when there's so much out there to do improv on. That said, this was a great ep. and an amazing lineup.

That guy Kevin interviewed was a dud.

This post is super passive-aggressive, Besser can state his political beliefs on his own podcast, if someone was there to disagree he would likely welcome the debate.

• Like 1

I got genuinely annoyed at how dissmisive Besser was of that Bernie supporter. He seemed to know what he was talking about just wasn't able to articulate it that well. Also, I'll never understand why anyone would support Hillary over Bernie, if you're a "liberal" Bernie is better on every single issue

• Like 2

Guys we're all upset about those last two videos derailing the show, but let's not turn on each other.

• Like 2

'

he comes out at night and he gets first tracks on all the fresh bow bow

Jon Daly u insane drug addict,, you are amazing

• Like 1

Besser needs to hop off Hillary's dick, I wonder how intelligent the average Hillary voter sounds in comparison to the first guy

"hurr she's a woman so it's her turn to be in the oval office"

• Like 4

the first scene about who you'd vote for with Jon Daly as the Ted Cruz fanatic and Seth and Neil playing dummies is some of the funniest shit i've EVER heard.

Where can i see the video that the fan sent in of the rally

I got genuinely annoyed at how dissmisive Besser was of that Bernie supporter. He seemed to know what he was talking about just wasn't able to articulate it that well. Also, I'll never understand why anyone would support Hillary over Bernie, if you're a "liberal" Bernie is better on every single issue

He supports her because she's from Arkansas and his family knows the Clintons. If she was from any other state, Besser would be pro-Bernie.

And yeah, if I was put on the spot to discuss my support for Bernie, I would be tongue-tied, too and I'm well aware of the issues. Just not good at articulating it. I thought the guy did alright. Hell, the audience at the show even clapped for him, but Besser shut them down by shitting on the guy.

I'd like to hear Besser defend Hillary on her refusal to submit her Goldman Sachs speech transcripts. She avoids answering why she won't release them by changing the subject, even when the moderator repeats the question twice to try and get an honest answer. And then she claims that the candidates should be releasing their tax returns like she did for so many years, because she's just grasping at straws. Well, Bernie just did it, so now you guys are on equal footing. Oh, and Bernie and his wife's combined annual income is less than what Hilldawg makes from one speech to Goldman Sachs. Half an hour of talking to corrupt corporations, and she brings home more than a state Senator makes in a year. So quit acting like a child and release the transcripts.

• Like 1

I hate it EVERY time the show gets political. That's because I'm a libertarian and morally against any kind of government coercion. But I guess this is something I have to deal with.

Most comedians are in a liberal bubble where they don't get exposed to people with different perspectives. And when they do it is usually people that are either crazy or made to look bad by the media, which just confirms their biases.

One great example is Trump. While I don't support him, it does bother me that blatant lies and ad hominems about him are being repeated over and over, even by my most beloved Earwolf shows!

I don't know why I'm here writing this because I know it will be such an unpopular opinion on this forum and EXTREMELY hard to change minds on this.

But for those who care about using reason and evidence to form their own opinions then I would recommend you get exposed to different sides of the matter. Here is a video specifically about Donald Trump that attempts to clear up the lies spread about him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw8c2Cq-vpg

I genuinely hope you guys try to go watch it all, but if you don't then just remember that, every time you say something negative about him, you might be spreading a lie. Not to say that EVERY negative thing about Trump is a lie. But if you like that refreshing take, I encourage you to seek out more videos like that. Ones that challenge the mainstream narratives.

Well, have a nice day everyone :)

• Like 1

Speaking of politics. Why won't Besser talk about the reptilians. Is he himself a reptilian?!

I am sincerely disappointed to hear that Besser is a Clinton supporter. It makes me feel differently about him, where he's coming from, etc.

I've loved Besser since the 90s,, he always struck me as more punk/anti-establishment than his peers, for whatever reason; I'm sad to see him unironically supporting our Royal Family,, someone who literally vacations with war criminals (Kissinger...)

Re: poster Erick, he looks pretty young; he'll grow out of the Libertarian fantasy phase like all white teenage boys do ;)

• Like 1

Also, I'll never understand why anyone would support Hillary over Bernie

Great episode, I just thought I'd quote this because it also baffles me. Hillary Clinton is a criminal plutocrat in the pockets of wall street and the fossil fuel industry with a horrible track record of supporting war crimes, being socially regressive, and flipflopping on important issues. That being said, she has been the next president since before she announced her candidacy; the powers that be chose her awhile ago and the voter suppression/fraud in the primaries is just further proof of that.

Isn't this more fun than talking about a comedy podcast and how hilarious this episode was?