🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 134 - Can't Stop the Music: LIVE!

Now I've gone down a rabbit hole or reading stuff about the Village people. I did not realize the cop in this movie is not the original cop and that neither cop is gay. This is entirely new information to me.

Paul mentioned Victor Willis and his girlfriend, but he omitted that Ray Simpson replaced him during pre-production, so the pair are never seen on screen. Ray, clearly not worried about anyone questioning his orientation, looks like he's having a blast in the movie (not to mention enjoying the promotion from backup singer to TOP COP)

Was anyone else mesmerized by Felipe the Indian's robotic whooping vocalizations? Like a power he can activate, as it is clearly without filters or gadgets.

• Like 2

And Cameron got this wrong (she said cry), it's:

"Leathermen don't get nervous! Leathermen don't get nervous"

"Oh, yes they do. Yes, they do!"

• Like 3

The thing with the butt-smacking lady had me wondering if she wasn't some in-joke to people familiar with the Greenwich Village ("The Village") area, possibly an eccentric resident of the area that sees a bottom and smacks it and becomes a sort of mascot. You see her at the beginning, during the Gutenburg skating opening, smacking him on the rear, and he just smiles as if to say "oh you!" and skates on. It also made me wonder if she didn't have something wrong with her, since the look she gave the modeling agent when she smacked her back with the baguette looked genuinely hurt, like she didn't think what she was doing was wrong.

I just feel like a comedy podcast might not be the best platform for social issues. It really took me out of themovie. And to be honest I don't think they got around to discussing most of the movie. A real missed opportunity.

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but seriously guys...

147208-what-the-fuck-is-happening-rig-fFkz.gif

Let's all be cool, and remember, that sometimes being cool is just knowing when to shut the fuck up...

So what? We can only ever have positive opinions about this podcast or otherwise shut the fuck up?

The construction worker was last seen playing air guitar with this Bay area band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA

What I love so much about this video is that if you didn't know that this is the actual band it would be reasonable to assume that it's just a bunch of dads who really, really like this song. Pump your fists guys! Bunch in together more! MORE!

• Like 3

So what? We can only ever have positive opinions about this podcast or otherwise shut the fuck up?

If that's how you want to interpret that...sure.

colbert_thumbs_up.gif

• Like 10

Can we talk about the most egregious thing happening with this episode?

Our dear Cameron (as in H, not as in Caramel) still has a signature from The Quest.

• Like 4

Can we talk about the most egregious thing happening with this episode?

Our dear Cameron (as in H, not as in Caramel) still has a signature from The Quest.

God dammit, Fister! I'm on vacation! It's not like when I'm working and I have all the time in the world to keep up with this shit.

Fixed, by the way. Not really a funny line, but the one that stood out to me. :)

• Like 3

I am still waiting for my windows7 updates. I am pissed.

so some of you guys maybe crystal collectors but for me I enjoy collecting rare action figures. this weeks items..

16azaq0.jpg

Please don't get in the way of my Bruce Jenner action figure bid at amazon..

bfg7f6.jpg

other wise, my can't stop the music collection is not going to be complete.

and remember he's a timeless legend.

• Like 6

bfg7f6.jpg

OMG WE HAVE ONE OF THOSE IN THE KITCHEN HERE AT EARWOLF!!!

I'm gonna get up from my desk and take a picture of it....

See?

24yzhqe.jpg

• Like 14

Btw i totally thought Guttenberg was HOT !!! back in the day he was a first crush...

• Like 2

I really enjoyed:

1. The upfront discussion about Caitlin Jenner

2. The Second Opinion theme

3. The audience member who reminded us about Jenner's car crash and the subsequent reaction

4. Paul's attempt at a Czech accent

5. Pete's "takes a village, people" and no crowd reaction

I've been out for a while but I feel there's definitely two camps of forum-ers where there wasn't before. This was me earlier today...

giphy.gif

• Like 12

https://imgur.com/TM6WVwC

Was LITERALLY buying a Milkshake as the song was playing on the Podcast!

This may have been one of the best HDTGM episodes ever! From Cameron's great ruminations on the gay/trans angles of the movie, to the discussion of how Guttenberg pretty much ruined everything and the Curb Your Enthusiasm/Entourage emotional connections, to Pete Holmes' amazing "jokes" ("NO! Do not reward him!"), to Zouks' circular penis logic in that one guy's review, and the BEST Second Opinions song EVAR...Top 10 episode, guys!

Oh, I almost forgot... "We did it. We baked a Gay!"

• Like 3

Paul mentioned Victor Willis and his girlfriend, but he omitted that they both were fired in pre-production and replaced by Ray Simpson, so the pair are never on screen. Ray, clearly not worried about anyone questioning his orientation, looks like he's having a blast in the movie (not to mention enjoying the promotion from backup singer to TOP COP)

Was anyone else mesmerized by Felipe the Indian's robotic whooping vocalizations? Like a power he can activate, as it is clearly without filters or gadgets.

Oh I didn't realize Willis left the group DURING the filming of this movie. Wikipedia made it seem like he left of his own volition before. Not that wikipedia is to be trusted.

That's pretty impressive that they FIRED the guy who was lead singer and wrote most of their early hits (YMCA, Macho Man, In the Navy, obviously, but also some of the songs for this movie like Milkshake!) for not wanting to be in their big, gay movie. I mean they must've thought this was really going to be HUGE.

Oh now I'm going down a rabbit hole about the copyright stuff with Willis. That was only decided last year! Wow! http://www.hollywood...ple-ymca-779420

• Like 1

How liberal and inclusive of you.

I feel like this is going to become the "Old Theme Song/Rap Theme Song" re-hash real quick.

giphy.gif

• Like 9

OMG WE HAVE ONE OF THOSE IN THE KITCHEN HERE AT EARWOLF!!!

I'm gonna get up from my desk and take a picture of it....

See?

24yzhqe.jpg

Life is just not fair anymore.

• Like 4

When I watched it, I thought of LuLu as the mother of Hats (Teen Witch). Her behavior makes more sense. Still, it doesn't explain the collection of bows haphazardly pressed into dress form that she wore during the final performance.

Re the assertion that milk is the only way to make the Village People's mustache's bigger: given all their use of offensive stereotypes (the Native American headdress, etc.), why don't they have a member with a full-on Fu Manchu mustache?

My nomination for new Village Person occupation then is Closeted Gay Stereotypical Chinese Laundromat Owner (still barely relevant at the end of the 70's).

I am still waiting for my windows7 updates. I am pissed.

so some of you guys maybe crystal collectors but for me I enjoy collecting rare action figures. this weeks items..

16azaq0.jpg

Please don't get in the way of my Bruce Jenner action figure bid at amazon..

bfg7f6.jpg

other wise,my you can't stop the music collection will not be complete.

and remember he's a timeless legend.

You'll also need a Steve Guttenberg action figure:

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 4

I understand this is not an in-depth comment, but I laughed my ass off at the fact that Samantha's ice cream not only never melted over the course of what had to be a few hours, but it also changed flavors...

1st Round: Chocolate on top of Vanilla

v9zgHlk.png

2nd Round: Vanilla is now on top of Chocolate

TJ0sbIC.png

Final Round: Just Vanilla

VjfqwoN.png

It's the 80s. She's gonna try a lot of ice cream flavors she's never tried before.

• Like 7

Paul and June need to have a serious discussion about their peculiar sexy comedic actors. Once and for all who is better

Steve Guttenberg

giphy.gif

OR

"Bad" Jim Varney

giphy.gif

• Like 9