🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 134 - Can't Stop the Music: LIVE!

Also, was it Amy that mentioned she was a "hardcore singer?" Did you mean a "seriously dedicated singer" or a "singer in a hardcore band?"

Also, pineapple juice is good for singing. But just a swig or two.

yeah, that was me. I was really dedicated to it. I wanted to be in a band, and I was, for about a week. We couldn't make up our minds about anything and sort of fell apart.

I never did/do well with any kind of fruit juice, the acidity makes me all phlegmy.

• Like 2

I'm telling you, if someone says one more goddamn nice thing about me today my head is going to start to develop its own gravitational pull.

Artist rendering:

Ego-The-Living-Planet.jpg

But, if this does happen, you're all welcome to live in my sexy, sexy dimples.

Ego the Living Planet will ALSO get a movie before Cyborg ever does.

• Like 5

I'm telling you, if someone says one more goddamn nice thing about me today my head is going to start to develop its own gravitational pull.

Artist rendering:

Ego-The-Living-Planet.jpg

But, if this does happen, you're all welcome to live in my sexy, sexy dimples.

Fuck you, Cameron H., you're hot garbage! (just keeping everything balanced for you ;p)

I'd live in your beard...it would give me an excuse to dress like Indy and wield a machete. Although, honestly, I'd rather live on an Eggo planet.

• Like 4

Although, honestly, I'd rather live on an Eggo planet.

Oh, fuck! Now I do too!

• Like 5

I wanted to write because I thought that the crew missed some things in the "seduction" scene in the barber chair. Paul said this was only written in 4 weeks, so, maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit, but I think this scene was played completely wrong by both actors. Perhaps because the director hated Ms. Perrine and was not present? In any case, I think the dialogue below was intended to be sort of frisky wordplay, but was played basically as straight exposition dialogue by both Mr./Ms. Jenner and Ms. Perrine. Try to imagine the dialogue below with some sexual energy behind it instead of direct as it was delivered. I think its there. This is from that scene:

*spills wine*

Her: "Oh, excuse me, let me help get it off." (she clearly makes it about the wine, could have been at least a bit of a joke?)

*dress caught, she's straddling him in a chair, associated lines, she moves around on top of him*

Her: "Wait a minute, does this help?"

Him: "Yeah." (some excitement, but could have been better)

*she feels ring, are you married? dialogue*

Him: [abruptly] "It's coming through." (He's pantsless, remember with her on top of him. Is this an erection reference?)

Her: "What?!"

Him: "My divorce."

Her: "Oh. That's a tired line." (could have been playful playing off the "coming through" line, but wasn't).

*unzipping, unhitching the dress*

Him: "That's why I moved from St. Louis; to have some fun."

*she peels of his dress, head near his lap, he's excited*

Her: "Well are you? [having some fun?]" (her delivery makes it unclear what she's even talking about)

*weird this-little-piggy foot stuff, he's ticklish, stands up*

Her: "You sure get up quick." (another pantsless erection joke?)

Him: "...quickly"

Her: "You sure know your body English."

Him: "You're not so bad yourself."

*kissing, he picks her up*

Him: "Which way do we go?"

Her: "To the right, and don't stop til sunup." [a reference to Peter Pan, ". . . and straight on til morning"?]

Maybe that's not much, and I barely noticed in the moment, but the line delivery nearly completely straight makes this scene even more awkward and weird as Jason pointed out during the show. If they'd at least sort of felt more like they were playfully seducing one another, most of the lines and actions in, on, around the barber chair would have made a bit more sense, I think.

• Like 6

Anyway, I haven't been keeping up with the forums lately (lurker mostly), and I've usually been about a week behind on episodes, but after hearing about "Camerongate" on a video game forum of all places I had to check out the HDTGM Reddit sub (which I didn't know existed, and also, Reddit is garbage I have now learned). Which had a link to this thread with the claim that forum users hated this one too, and I thought "Cameron? Fister? PlanB? They hated this and are shitting on the show? I refuse to believe that."

Thank god those were lies and this is still one of the most inexplicably awesome forums on the web.

I like to imagine the person on Reddit who said we agreed with him was the same person in this thread who used "Reddit agrees with me" as an argument. It's a fun circular way of not ever coming up with points to defend your position.

You're definitely in on the group hug.

Edited to Add: Bless FresherPie, the only newbie here to actually talk about the movie. Way to restore my hope in humanity.

• Like 6

I wanted to write because I thought that the crew missed some things in the "seduction" scene in the barber chair...

I'm so glad this was constructive. After the shit that went down in this thread, seeing a newbie with 1 post is making me flinch.

Great analysis too FresherPie.

• Like 7

LOOK HOW INTERNET FAMOUS WE ARE, GUYS!

Psh, been internet famous before, no big deal.

tumblr_luuesgGFcu1qbvaudo1_500.gif

tumblr_mic7orp04E1r7ajimo1_400.gif

3882119-39dc060b43411f9d_tumblr_mdcq02202j1rjamr7o1_500.xxxlarge.gif

• Like 7

yeah, that was me. I was really dedicated to it. I wanted to be in a band, and I was, for about a week. We couldn't make up our minds about anything and sort of fell apart.

I never did/do well with any kind of fruit juice, the acidity makes me all phlegmy.

I meant to ask you about this earlier as well but that was when I was at Jury Duty.

I was also a singer, but I was a total rebel and kinda loved having a frappuccino or a milkshake before I sang... Something about them soothed my throat and made me feel better.

Or that was all in my head and was the reason why I'm an okay singer lol.

• Like 3

I meant to ask you about this earlier as well but that was when I was at Jury Duty.

I was also a singer, but I was a total rebel and kinda loved having a frappuccino or a milkshake before I sang... Something about them soothed my throat and made me feel better.

Now y'all got me nostalgic and I've dug up my old band's demos. Oh, those were some salad days... We were adorably and endearingly terrible.

Vocal aids (at the time): Half pack of cigarettes and soda. Surprisingly, it didn't help...but I did look cool B)

• Like 3

I don't think it's a hard and fast rule that dairy is no-no since it effects people differently. I went to a couple of American Idol auditions years ago (Never made it to camera/main judges) and witnessed people chugging a shit-load of milk and busting out amazing voices. There was someone a row behind me who brought a whole bottle of olive oil with them because they heard it helps, but was too scared to try it, so I volunteered.(as I'm wont to do) It was alright, didn't really effect me either way, and tasted like cardboard.

I remember hearing a story about one famous songstress (can't remember who) who would drink a glass of... I want to say scotch, or whisky, right before a performance and would blow the house down.

• Like 3

I don't think it's a hard and fast rule that dairy is no-no since it effects people differently. I went to a couple of American Idol auditions years ago (Never made it to camera/main judges) and witnessed people chugging a shit-load of milk and busting out amazing voices. There was someone a row behind me who brought a whole bottle of olive oil with them because they heard it helps, but was too scared to try it, so I volunteered.(as I'm wont to do) It was alright, didn't really effect me either way, and tasted like cardboard.

I remember hearing a story about one famous songstress (can't remember who) who would drink a glass of... I want to say scotch, or whisky, right before a performance and would blow the house down.

Yeah I think everyone typically just does their own thing. I almost tried out for American Idol, but I had friends in high school with amazing voices who didn't get to the judges either so I couldn't figure out what the point would be in standing in the summer heat for hours if all it would make me is cranky lol. Then of course by the time I decided to fuck that noise and do it anyway they stopped coming out here (and it wasn't of the same caliber either).

I do remember. though, a girl a year above me got to the judges and put on this really thick (really fake) Texas accent and sang HORRIBLY. None of us could figure out why cause she went to All-State and had such a subtle but beautiful voice? It was weird.

The feeling that we're gonna divert onto another crazy random topic just really makes this my favorite thread ever btw!

ETA: For fun I just looked up what TMEA has as their current All-State choral material and the first ones were Zadok the Priest and Gloria in Exclesis and I performed those too and got really emotional. Carry on, everyone.

• Like 3

Is anyone else scared that Paul will have read the first few negative pages of this thread and tomorrow will come and our mini will be

8YLf4XC.gif

?

• Like 8

Is anyone else scared that Paul will have read the first few negative pages of this thread and tomorrow will come and our mini will be

8YLf4XC.gif

?

Yeah my anxiety has been dreading the wrath of our overlords, tbh.

• Like 5

I have a couple youtube videos of me singing just for shits and giggles. I think one of the reasons I stopped perusing music (singing in particular) was that I hate the sound of my own voice, and no amount of listening to myself makes it any better. Even trying to edit that "Second opinions" theme I made not long ago was anxiety ridden torture.

• Like 2

My self-hatred runs so deep, I remember being afraid to sing along in church as young as seven because I was so confident my singing voice was terrible.

Thank God for death and black metal, music genres more forgiving to my vocal range.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Do you know what I did whenever I was playing/singing? Chicken Curry from the Chinese, a Dairy Milk and Pepsi Max.

• Like 3

I think Paul's mad at us, and doesn't want to do a mini-episode... well, perhaps he's not mad, he's just disappointed.

• Like 6

Yeah, I'm scared that it's going to drop and just be Creed's Greatest Hits or something just to punish the haters (which I would probably begrudgingly end up listening to the whole thing just to make sure that he didn't sneak anything in), meanwhile most of the regulars have managed to salvage the thread and have it be only composed of 40% of Camerongate. That said, Paul does seem like a pretty even keeled dude who knows how to handle touchy subjects, so I will probably be wrong.

• Like 4

My self-hatred runs so deep, I remember being afraid to sing along in church as young as seven because I was so confident my singing voice was terrible.

Thank God for death and black metal, music genres more forgiving to my vocal range.

giphy.gif

Are you in a black or death metal band or anything?

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm scared that it's going to drop and just be Creed's Greatest Hits or something just to punish the haters (which I would probably begrudgingly end up listening to the whole thing just to make sure that he didn't sneak anything in), meanwhile most of the regulars have managed to salvage the thread and have it be only composed of 40% of Camerongate. That said, Paul does seem like a pretty even keeled dude who knows how to handle touchy subjects, so I will probably be wrong.

Yeah, not to sound like some ass kisser trying to get noticed on a message board, but whenever I see or read Paul in interviews and stuff like that, he does seem like a genuinely good guy, so I can't see him throwing some sort of hissy fit over some bad comments about one episode in a podcast that's had 133 great episodes. Not only that, it wasn't even about "the show" so to speak, it was focussed primarily on a guest, and had no baring on Paul or Jason.

But, if he does play Creed's greatest hits, I'll be cool with it if "My Sacrifice" and "What If" are among them, hell, you watch this, and tell me that My Sacrifice didn't hit the right note with you

• Like 3

The episode was probably going to be Creed's Greatest Hits but Paul's busy scrapping it in favor of Prince tunes. (Although that may be misguided as listening to Prince songs isn't punishment.)

• Like 2