🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 134 - Can't Stop the Music: LIVE!

i think this was the second time paul suggested keira knightley as part of a modern recast .... and both times it got a very negative response from the rest of the hosts ... me thinks paul has a little celebrity crush ... but who can blame him

Just watch that lapdance in Domino, holy shit... doesn't even bare thinking about.

However, if we're talking former model, why not go with Paul's friend and former co-star, Kelly Brook

500full-my-profile.jpg

• Like 3

Just watch that lapdance in Domino, holy shit... doesn't even bare thinking about.

I actually had a long debate about Domino recently. I went to a Denzel Washington Marathon, and they showed Man on Fire, so we started talking about Domino since it was Tony Scott's next film, and he used a lot of the same techniques he pioneered in MoF. Apparently, I'm in a small minority of defenders of that movie (but, then again, I love Tony Scott, and this is one of the the most Scott-iest Scott movies there is)

I actually had a long debate about Domino recently. I went to a Denzel Washington Marathon, and they showed Man on Fire, so we started talking about Domino since it was Tony Scott's next film, and he used a lot of the same techniques he pioneered in MoF. Apparently, I'm in a small minority of defenders of that movie (but, then again, I love Tony Scott, and this is one of the the most Scott-iest Scott movies there is)

Also, Tony Scott was a Mackem. As is his brother. Sort of.

I know I shouldn't bring it up again, seeing as it's a sore subject, but do you think Paul is going to address the controversy on this thread in the mini-ep?

About the coconuts, I mean...

• Like 4

I know I shouldn't bring it up again, seeing as it's a sore subject, but do you think Paul is going to address the controversy on this thread in the mini-ep?

About the coconuts, I mean...

This is no controversy, Coconuts are the Channing Tatum of the flavours. When it's supplimental or combined with a stronger flavour, you think "Hey, coconut/Channing Tatum is in this", and it's a nice addition to the final product, but you can't really sell it on it's own. Sure, there are people who say "Well, I like coconut on their own", but we all know, when push comes to shove, you're not gonna buy a Bounty, you're gonna have a Snickers or a Kit Kat.

• Like 4

a minute ... no ... the new york show sold out in about 10 seconds!!! ... impressive

200uruv.jpg

Ugh! I wanted to go. I only ever got tickets for the NYC live show they cancelled. And this one sold out before I had a chance to get to the page. Stupid work, getting in the way of my podcast attendance. I'm really bummed, you guys. FEEL BADLY FOR ME!!!!

Cameron H.: ...And Elektra Boogaloo. How are you, Elektra?

Elektra Boogaloo: I'm fine, Cameron H. How are you?

Cameron H.: I'm very good. Thank you for asking.

(I don't know, guys. Was that too hot?)

I think the fact that we've never met and you're having a baby with another woman is really going to help Paul and June keep it in their pants for once when they read this thread. (And finally address the EPIC COCONUT CONTROVERSY!)

• Like 4

Ugh! I wanted to go. I only ever got tickets for the NYC live show they cancelled. And this one sold out before I had a chance to get to the page. Stupid work, getting in the way of my podcast attendance. I'm really bummed, you guys. FEEL BADLY FOR ME!!!!

I missed something. When (and where) was an NYC show announced?

I missed something. When (and where) was an NYC show announced?

I know Paul and the HDTGM account both tweeted about it starting on Monday. Apparently, it's part (or "apart" if you're whoever tweets from the HDTGM account) of Vulture Fest. Looks like it sold out in less than a minute, and it was only one show at a tiny-ass venue.

Paul and June...when they read this thread.

Do you think June ever reads this thread? I get the feeling like she loves doing HDTGM, but once an episode is over, it's over. Hell, she barely even knew what Paul did on the mini-eps--which was hilarious. You'd think she'd listen just because he does them.

As far as Paul, I know he pokes his head in from time to time, but I don't think he has the time to keep up with it too much. And Jason...Man, I would love it if he was posing as one of us! Like, just being a normal person and commenting on the show and comic books, and aside from LinkedIn, it was his only online presence. Then one day, Quaser Sniffer or someone is going to be like, "Psych! I've been here the whole time, dumb-dumbs!"

• Like 4

I know Paul and the HDTGM account both tweeted about it starting on Monday. Apparently, it's part (or "apart" if you're whoever tweets from the HDTGM account) of Vulture Fest. Looks like it sold out in less than a minute, and it was only one show at a tiny-ass venue.

Yes it was during Vulture Fest (which Earwolf is a sponsor of). On May 21-22 of this year, so pretty soon. Tickets were $40 and, like, there was also a Jessica Jones/Netflix panel that was FREE (also sold out; no joy for me at all). So I was like, "Wow. HDTGM is a hot ticket!" Some of the other stuff still has tickets avail: http://vulturefestival.com/ Including another podcast with Paul Scheer as the guest.

ETA:

Do you think June ever reads this thread? I get the feeling like she loves doing HDTGM, but once an episode is over, it's over. Hell, she barely even knew what Paul did on the mini-eps--which was hilarious. You'd think she'd listen just cause he does them.

No, no, no. June doesn't read the threads. Honestly, not that she's dumb, but I'd be surprised she knows they exist. She's got shows to tape and babies to raise! I don't think Jason does either. I know he mentioned the controversy over the new theme song but I think that was just what someone told him. (Though your theory would be amazing. I just don't get the sense that he's much of an internet person.) Paul only does sometimes.

I meant when they do the dramatic reading of this thread.

• Like 1

Thanks Fister and Elektra! I know you have your preferences but I would like to see your parts read by the actors in your avatar pics. (Same for Cameron H.)

• Like 5

I don't think Jason does either. I know he mentioned the controversy over the new theme song but I think that was just what someone told him.

Between the specific forum/Twitter goings-on he's mentioned on HDTGM and his guest appearance on Reply All, I get the impression that Jason is at least a casual consumer of social media, even if he doesn't participate.

• Like 4

Yes it was during Vulture Fest (which Earwolf is a sponsor of). On May 21-22 of this year, so pretty soon. Tickets were $40 and, like, there was also a Jessica Jones/Netflix panel that was FREE (also sold out; no joy for me at all). So I was like, "Wow. HDTGM is a hot ticket!" Some of the other stuff still has tickets avail: http://vulturefestival.com/ Including another podcast with Paul Scheer as the guest.

ETA:

No, no, no. June doesn't read the threads. Honestly, not that she's dumb, but I'd be surprised she knows they exist. She's got shows to tape and babies to raise! I don't think Jason does either. I know he mentioned the controversy over the new theme song but I think that was just what someone told him. (Though your theory would be amazing. I just don't get the sense that he's much of an internet person.) Paul only does sometimes.

I meant when they do the dramatic reading of this thread.

Oh, I know. It was more of my own personal musing. I don't know about Jason...I get the feeling he would check in from time to time out of idle curiosity. He mentions them quite a bit--begging us to fight or put together creepy trailers and whatnot. I don't think he makes it a habit or anything, but I can see him getting a kick out of laughing at some of the crap jokers like to post.

Between the specific forum/Twitter goings-on he's mentioned on HDTGM and his guest appearance on Reply All, I get the impression that Jason is at least a casual consumer of social media, even if he doesn't participate.

Oh hmm. Maybe you guys are right. What do I know?

Jason, if you are out there, please create a fake account that tells us we are all dumb dumbs and jerks.

Edited: Also, please get me into the Vulture Festival show. I don't want to brag, but I have tits.

• Like 5

congrats!!!! now ... quick question ... do we get to name him? first names that come to mind ... sylvester ... nicolas ... vin ... or if youre feeling adventurous ... jean-claude???

My first is coming in August!

• Like 6

My first is coming in August!

Congratulations, Paul! Mine's due around the end of August/early September, too! I think I read Paul and June's kid is due around the same time as well. We should start arranging some marriages and breed them all to be Master Bad Movie watchers. Y'know, for future generations...

• Like 3

I don't want to brag, but I have tits.

If this works then boy howdy, Jason, I will fly out to New York in a heartbeat for this show, as I also have tits.

• Like 5

I don't want to brag, but I have tits.

I also have tits.

With those natural bargaining chips, it amazes me that there's still a pay disparity in this country or that we haven't had a woman for President. I've got nothing to offer...

• Like 5

With those natural bargaining chips, it amazes me that there's still a pay disparity in this country or that we haven't had a woman for President. I've got nothing to offer...

Hillary's new pin: "I'm with her. She has tits."

• Like 2

*raises hand* got em'!

Oh, this is just bullshit! Are you telling me all women have tits?

• Like 5

However, if we're talking former model, why not go with Paul's friend and former co-star, Kelly Brook

500full-my-profile.jpg

bQQzJkd.gif

• Like 3

Oh, this is just bullshit! Are you telling me all women have tits?

Well, technically no lol

• Like 2