🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 134 - Can't Stop the Music: LIVE!

There is over 400 replies dedicated to one episode, most specifically due to one controversial discussion on a certain guest! This has gotta be a record, it even beats out the 300 replies the LOL thread got under Bad Movie Recommendations.

This thread is the confused version of Steph Curry of HDTGM Threads.

• Like 1

I love cameron to death, but is she a comedian or a gay rights activist? She's so funny but good lord EVERY appearance she makes on anything recently has to do with her orientation. It's a hot topic right now, but motherfuckers just wanna laugh

I just ate three chocolate dipped coconut macaroons... And they were delicious.

That's what I'm talking about! Yummy!

I love me some Samoas. And I don't just mean Rikishi and The Rock!

Wrestling and coconut in one post. Boom, nailed it!

Yep, nice one, Roddy Piper

piperheadshot.gif

• Like 7

Tagalongs AND Samoas are so much better than Thin Mints, which are a distant third. I'm so tired of the Thin Mint agenda being shoved down my throat, literally and figuratively. Why does every time Girl Scout cookies are even mentioned, some Mint Rights Activist has to bring their "oh, they're even better if you freeze them!" nonsense, as if we've never heard that before! Can't I enjoy my chocolate and peanut butter like a regular American in peace?!?!

• Like 4

I just read the history of Girl Scout cookies trying to figure out if the names of the cookies were nicknames for the girls who invented them.

No

Thin mint is a thin mint cookie

Shortbread is a shortbread cookie Ect. Ect.

Shortbread would be a good side kick name tho. Kinda like Half Pint or Short Round

• Like 3

I just read the history of Girl Scout cookies trying to figure out if the names of the cookies were nicknames for the girls who invented them.

No

Thin mint is a thin mint cookie

Shortbread is a shortbread cookie Ect. Ect.

Shortbread would be a good side kick name tho. Kinda like Half Pint or Short Round

Fun fact: Thin Mints are a trademarked name for the Girl Scouts. It's the only cookie that's name stays the same depending on where you get them.

There are two huge bakeries that make all the cookies. That's why you see Samoas sometimes and Caramel deLites another. They're slightly different cookies with the same general ingredients; they're just made by different bakeries.

Thin Mints are the only ones that have the same name across both bakeries, although the cookies are slightly different between the two.

Also, Thin Mints ate highly overrated, toothpaste-tasting nonsense only eaten by garbage people

• Like 5

Fun fact: Thin Mints are a trademarked name for the Girl Scouts. It's the only cookie that's name stays the same depending on where you get them.

There are two huge bakeries that make all the cookies. That's why you see Samoas sometimes and Caramel deLites another. They're slightly different cookies with the same general ingredients; they're just made by different bakeries.

Thin Mints are the only ones that have the same name across both bakeries, although the cookies are slightly different between the two.

Also, Thin Mints ate highly overrated, toothpaste-tasting nonsense only eaten by garbage people

I have a new signature.

• Like 5

I've never been so delightfully insulted. Bravo!

Can we all at least agree that the Lemonade-flavored Girl Scout cookies are a cruel joke that should be eradicated from the face of the Earth?

ETA: I can't wait for Blake Harris' Oral History on Girl Scout cookies.

• Like 6

There is over 400 replies dedicated to one episode, most specifically due to one controversial discussion on a certain guest! This has gotta be a record, it even beats out the 300 replies the LOL thread got under Bad Movie Recommendations.

This thread is Curb, not Entourage fo sho.

• Like 2

This thread is the confused version of Steph Curry of HDTGM Threads.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I had to Google "Steph Curry" to find out who he (didn't know he was a dude) is, and I still don't understand what this comment means. I guess I need to improve my basketball sports know-it-all-how. Pistol Shrimps Radio is a good place to do that, right?

j/k Of course it is, Han my Boogie

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I'm embarrassed to admit that I had to Google "Steph Curry" to find out who he (didn't know he was a dude) is, and I still don't understand what this comment means. I guess I need to improve my basketball sports know-it-all-how. Pistol Shrimps Radio is a good place to do that, right?

j/k Of course it is, Han my Boogie

giphy.gif

He's the current #1 basketball player, which is to say he's a little better than Aubrey Plaza must be

• Like 1

Thin Mints ate highly overrated, toothpaste-tasting nonsense only eaten by garbage people

And I have a new member title

• Like 4

First of all, Fister, Thins Mints are the single most sensual and romantic foods ever created. They combine the two most important elements for a successful and romantic evening: chocolate and fresh breath. Now, I'm not going to use the term "erotic" since we are talking about a food sold by little girls, but if you cannot get behind how beneficial they are to a healthy, adult relationship then I pity you and your significant other.

What do Samoans, from a romantic standpoint, actually bring to the table? Nothing. If you're not eating foods to make yourself more attractive to the people you want to sleep with, what are you even doing?

Secondly, this is how I imagine Fister Roboto, and you other coconut lovers, tear into a box of Samoans.

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Mint Rights Activist

In all the hubbub, I don't want this gem to get lost. This whole thread was worth it just for this.

Secondly, this is how I imagine Fister Roboto, and you other coconut lovers, tear into a box of Samoans.

giphy.gif

vB9B5.gif

• Like 8

Mint Rights Activist

In all the hubbub, I don't want this gem to get lost. This whole thread was worth it just for this.

Agreed. My member profile has been updated accordingly.

• Like 4

Awww, thanks Internet Chums!

I hope the entire Correction and Omissions section of the mini-episode is Paul reading this Girl Scout Cookie debate.

• Like 4

Agreed. My member profile has been updated accordingly.

Important question - Are you a cookie eater or just a mint rights activist? Because I don't need that shit in my cookie discussion

• Like 3

Important question - Are you a cookie eater or just a mint rights activist? Because I don't need that shit in my cookie discussion

I think I've made my cookie/ mint politics quite clear.

• Like 2

I think I've made my cookie/ mint politics quite clear.

God, guys. Can we have one fucking discussion where Cameron doesn't bring up his cookie politics?

(I know this is, like, the thirtieth time this joke has been made, but I can't stop)

• Like 6

All I want to add is Food Lion grocery stores have their own versions of Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Patties. I can have them all year long!

• Like 2

(I know this is, like, the thirtieth time this joke has been made, but I can't stop)

Hey if we're gonna be completely accurate to the amount of times someone brought up Esposito then we still have 10 more pages to talk solely about Cameron H and his thin mint justice-y ways.

• Like 4

Yeah, that was one of the starting off point of one thing that REALLY pisses me off that's happening right now:

- Somebody creates something, with their own hard work and imagination

- A subset of people, who have no interest in the creation say "Hey! That's problematic, you better change that shit"

- The creator apologises, changes it, because they either don't want to offend anyone, or they think that's what the paying public wants

- The people who are interested in it then say "What the fuck?! Why did you change it?!"

- The original people who made a big deal about it in the first place then say "Oh my god, look at them getting all upset about it, why are you making such a big deal about it?! It's only..."

That doesn't happen. Ever. What does happen is this:

- Creator makes something that caters to one specific group

- Fans of said thing that don't fit into that specific group say, "hey we exist too. can you include us in something you make?"

From here it splits either two ways: 1) The Creator starts to make things with a broader reach and the original group who is not being catered to anymore gets angry or 2) The Creator says any suggestions of changes are anti-freedom, anti-liberty, and compares the people who made the suggestion to horrible dictators from history, which gets those fans pretty pissed off.

Hey if we're gonna be completely accurate to the amount of times someone brought up Esposito then we still have 10 more pages to talk solely about Cameron H and his thin mint justice-y ways.

He's such a CJW (Cookie Justice Warrior)

• Like 6