🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 56 - Los Feliz, Karen's House, 1997

Paul F. Tompkins is making the most of every welcome and is pleased to welcome you all back to SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is stand-up comedian Margaret Cho! They chat about what tattoo Margaret would get if she had to get one within the hour, visiting the White House, and the history of The Bishop Don "Magic" Juan. Paul is then joined by Carla Cackowski, Brandon Johnson, and Chris Tallman to improvise a story set in Los Feliz, Karen's House, 1997. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano! SPONTANEANATION LIVE returns to Largo on Saturday, June 4th, with special guest

! Tickets are available now: bit.ly/SPONT616

".. new year"! Thanksgiving?!

These are really recorded way ahead of time.

One day I, too, will have a job where I can record my job 6 months in advance. But until then, I will live vicariously through Paul F Tompkins.

• Like 1

wishing Paul had sang Happy Birthday one of the times he said he was going to sing

• Like 1

Via podcasts, I probably know more about Los Angeles geography and cultural institutions than I do about Seattle, where I live.

Also, I appreciate the precarious tightrope Paul must walk to avoid turning Peter Gabriel into Cake Boss/Chris Tallman must walk to avoid turning every character into Nick Nolte.

• Like 2

FURTHER ADVENTURES OF MITCH AND DOLORES!!!

Carla talking back as the diary and Brandon saying "I sold counterfeit mayonnaises" destroyed me.

• Like 5

FURTHER ADVENTURES OF MITCH AND DOLORES!!!

Carla talking back as the diary and Brandon saying "I sold counterfeit mayonnaises" destroyed me.

That and Chuck got me the most.

I loved Chris Tallman almost breaking character to demand that Paul explain how he knows Lebeau was played by Robert Clary.

• Like 4

FURTHER ADVENTURES OF MITCH AND DOLORES!!

PEANUTBUTTER IS ONE WORD DELORES HAS ONE O

(I hate myself.)

• Like 5

I was genuinely curious before I typed it, but had no idea where I might find it in written form to check.

I think Paul snuck a little Foster Brooks in there for a second...

Edited to add:

Carla pimping for a game of charades on a podcast was brilliant, and I hope it earns her a seat at the Player's Ball.

CACK ATTACK

I was listening to this on my lunch break and the EXACT SECOND Chris Tallman said, “No, a dream is a wish your heart makes,” I glanced up at the coffee shop trivia board and saw "'A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes' was originally featured in which Disney film?" I don’t know what this means but I’m frightened.

• Like 2

I love that Paul's version of Peter Gabriel sounds like a combination of Al Pacino and Cake Boss (Cake Boss!)

• Like 1

Fun episode! It's always good to hear Brandon Johnson. Also, Carla Cackowski is delightful but her profile picture is very upsetting

• Like 1