đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JimAsmus

The Butterfly Effect (2004)

a movie that races to cram in every 'drama' hot-button wrapped in new-age sci-fi and expects Ashton Kutcher to pull it all off.

featuring

- cancer

- mental institutions

- incest

- pedophilia

- amputation

- suicide

- and the SINGLE MOST INSANE ALTERNATE ENDING OF ALL TIME (which, I really hope they would find a way to watch and weigh in on. It's on the bluray/dvds)

• Like 2

I recall somebody writing that the moral of the film is "You should never go back in time because you, Ashton Kutcher, are an idiot."

• Like 3

When this came out I ate it the fuck up and watched it all the time. It is sooo not a good movie and my young teenage mind was insane(ly in love with Ashton Kutcher).

The graver kid on the poster for this movie instantly warned me away from watching this film when it came out. My roommate at the time went to go see and swore up-and-down that this was one of the best films she'd ever seen. She was also a huge Evanescence fan, so go figure...

• Like 2

I would love hearing them discuss the insane alternate ending:

• Like 2

The only thing I remember about this movie is that every decision Ashton Kutcher's character made increasingly frustrated me.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2016 at 3:27 PM, JimAsmus said:

a movie that races to cram in every 'drama' hot-button wrapped in new-age sci-fi and expects Ashton Kutcher to pull it all off.

featuring

- cancer

- mental institutions

- incest

- pedophilia

- amputation

- suicide

- and the SINGLE MOST INSANE ALTERNATE ENDING OF ALL TIME (which, I really hope they would find a way to watch and weigh in on. It's on the bluray/dvds)

Doesn’t someone kill a dog?

• Like 1

Please do The Butterfly Effect.

The movie is TITLED ***The Butterfly Effect*** but has a scene where Kutcher tells a prison cellmate to watch his hands - goes back in time to CHILDHOOD - and *then immediately* returns with stigmata...which means no Butterfly Effect has actually occurred??!!

Even if we ignore the fact that he has to physically traumatize himself as a child, and then maintain a life-course to get into the same prison, the scars would ALREADY BE THERE IN THIS NEW TIMELINE!

I can just imagine how maddening this movie would be for Jason Mantzoukas.

On 7/20/2018 at 12:48 PM, Bingo Boy said:

I would love hearing them discuss the insane alternate ending:

Good lord that's a bonkers ending.

• Like 1

Started rewatching it just now, it's on Netflix. Immediately went to look up if HDTGM covered it, they really need to

I'm sorry, but since the butterfly effect has brought me back here, I feel like this needs a bump. Feel free to remove if obnoxious.

Yeah, this would be a good movie to cover:

• It tries to be dark/gritty/edgy/whatever to the point of goofiness, ex. their bomb prank didn't just kill someone; it killed a mother and her baby
  • The way the time travel works is inconsistent. Sometimes, he's able to change the outcome of events; other times (like with his father), his presence merely makes it how it was in the first timeline; and of course, the stigmata scene in the prison
  • Speaking of the prison, he's thrown into prison before his trial? With inmates who seem to have already been convicted? For a killing that, as the movie says, could probably have been argued to be self-defense?

And a hundred other weird details and that make you go, "What?".