🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 130 - Mike Lawrence, Our Close Friend

Ya, this is embarrassing.

But I guess, if I could be totally honest, i don't really get what the 'popcorn gallery'... "is"...

I mean I get how popcorn is a thing you eat at a movie. But a movie is at a theater.

The only time you're at a gallery is an art gallery.

Maybe it should be called the Popcorn Theater? Or maybe the Popcorn Lobby?

Also I like to sometimes get Raisinets or Sno Caps.

Sour Patch Gallery?

Anything, literally anything to help me understand, will be gratefully appreciated

• Like 9

Next Ep should be just commentary on MythBusters or Property Brothers.

Like a teaser freezer. Because that part was the peak in this Ep.

• Like 6

Great ep! I loved hearing the boys make each other buss up in the first segment. What I didn't love was my question not being asked after Mike mentioned Pete and Pete.

Hayes, buddy, you really dropped the ball on that one.

• Like 10

This ep was marred by the Joey Lawrence question. I know it had to be asked but man that was tough to listen to. It really upset Mike and clearly the burden of living in Joey's shadow has taken its toll on him.

• Like 8

Sean likes to talk a big game, but when a big bad ass guy says that he'd take him in a 1 on 1 he tucks his tail. Made me lose respect for the guy TBH.

• Like 4

The level of tension in this ep was something to behold. A Good Ep.

• Like 7

I've listened to it twice now and let me just say I've listened to it twice now.

• Like 16

Glad to hear there's a podcast that's not afraid to ask the tough questions regarding Dylan's transition from folk music to electric. If only the LAMESTREAM modern media had the same moxie.

PS: I liked Mike Lawrence. He brought a nice energy to the show that seemed to essentially say: "I get what they're going for, but I haven't decided whether or not I like it." Really forces Sean and Hayes to double down and can produce surprisingly funny moments.

• Like 13

first segment was great, then the episode got trapped in popcorn gallery with a joy-dementor. the episode and even the popcorn gallery itself put up a good fight with several brilliant questions, but these only made the j-d grow more powerful.

maybe ML is not comfortable with the popcorn gallery as an environment, and for his next apperance maybe preemptively adwarding him a generous amount of points before each question would put him in a better place mentally.

• Like 6

Whenever I quickly scroll through the page I think I see my favorite rap artist, but I'm always mistaken because it's actually pizza d.j. Bart

parappa-the-rapper-2-12-11-15-2.png

• Like 8

Didn't know S&H were such sole mates (what we call sneaker heads in the biz). Don't worry boys, I'll be sending you some concepts I've been working on with Nike x BAPE x RooR.

• Like 11

great PCG questions everyone

this episode really helped me understand the whole 'east coast and west coast are different' thing

• Like 15

great PCG questions everyone

this episode really helped me understand the whole 'east coast and west coast are different' thing

Mike is right, you can totally tell the New York vs. LA thing by this ep. A perfect example! LA is being silly having fun, New York is muttering and kind of bringing up Judaism an uncomfortable amount in that just mentioning it might be humorous.

Anyway great ep, always get such a charge out of hearing my heroes say my online name a bunch of times.

• Like 24

Only thing I liked about Mike Lawrence was he was self-aware enough to know he's an IRL representation of Reddit.

Almost thought he was just being moody as a bit but then as soon as they did plugs his unbridled enthusiasm to drop his siccc credits made him basically kick flip through my freaking iPod.

• Like 14

He's basically Tom Scharpling if you left him in the dryer too long

how dare you insult that shimmering peach of a man

love you Tom don't listen to them

• Like 13

Good job on this episode, everyone. Big fan of all of your questions and the guest was definitely a person who exists on this plane of reality. All in all, a very OK ep.

10/10

• Like 13

Hazie Bone and Clem Dawg, I know what you're thinking, and believe me buds, I'm right there with you. I'm just as frustrated as you are that I keep wasting my time coming up with brilliant funny questions, only to be completely brushed off by yet another guest.

That being said, I do NOT want you to take any kind of physical vengeance on my behalf. It's sweet that you would think of it, but honestly you don't need to defend me. This stuff rolls off me like stuff rolls off a duck, and I don't want you getting in trouble on my account. Sure, my questions are great. Sure, being big-timed by some hack like PFT or Pauly Shore or Mike Lawrence doesn't feel great. Still, I got plenty more funny questions lined up, and I'll keep sending them your way so don't let it get you down! You and me, we're bigger than this.

• Like 22