🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 130 - Mike Lawrence, Our Close Friend

It occurs to me that when a Hollywood Handbook guest doesn't immediately vibe with the vibe of the show and the forums and Sean and Hayes's vibes, maybe it isn't necessarily because that guest is a dumb uncooperative jerk.

I try to imagine what it would be like if I was on the show, and that isn't very helpful, because I would be great and do a very good job. But then I try to imagine if somebody else was on the show, and I could see it being kind of tricky to do what Sean and Hayes do, or even to just react to them in a clever or coherent way. Look at the engineers, they are so smart that they are literally engineers, but it has taken them like a thousand tries to be somewhat bearable, and they still fuck up in an infuriating and embarrassing way at least 98% of the time.

All that being said, word on the street is that Mike Lawrence actually IS smart and funny, so in his case I think he must have just felt like being uncooperative.

I agree. Personally, I'm glad Mike made the decision to kinda step back and let the forumers shine

• Like 15

Hee to the haw haw.

Anyone one have pics of Sean's hs friend mark. Seems like a decent sound guy.

Ny and LA were switched in this. Loved how they reversed the roles. Loveeeeeed it

• Like 4

My only issues with this episode was that not enough time was spent in the popcorn gallery. Maybe if they had asked a few more questions everything would have been better.

• Like 5

Theory: Bernie was forced to lose the New York primary because if he won, raucous 4/20 parties would have been thrown by Bernie Bros all over the country, possibly causing the collapse of America.

• Like 14

Happy 420! I'm out of bud, so it's going to be all hash all day. I'm definitely going to need a nap at some point. Now it's time for me to do some dabs and listens to some Shrimps. Have a great day everyone, and stay high!

• Like 10

LA is like - hey wheres my uber driver

NYC is like - woah I'm walking right here

• Like 20

Anyone kind of bummed that the episodes after the recent CBB bump haven't been that great/accessible? Anything to help the show gain popularity is great in my book, I just want the guys to have listeners who stick around.

Also, I'm new to the forum but have been listening since the start. "'mmm, yes, speak on that" etc.

Am I part of the forum now?!?! I want the pro version so bad

• Like 7

He's basically Tom Scharpling if you left him in the dryer too long

how dare you insult that shimmering peach of a man

love you Tom don't listen to them

oh, gosh, no. no no no. no!

im saying -

you go out, you play in the park with your friends.

maybe it's a bit slippery muddy, and maybe you and your friends make a crazy wild game where you stomp around in the swamp part for extra points.

then when you're going home, you realize its monday and your dad just did the whole big sunday laundry and he'd be mad seeing how wet and slimy your tom sharpling got.

so, you've seen your parents do this a million times - you soak tom sharpling for awhile, then you put him in with some towels and such. then you put it all in the dryer, but don't check the label and see that he needs "tumble dry low" - you leave it at "very hot and very dry"

you hear the buzzer, open it up, and see that your tom sharpling is faded, frazzled, shorn and shrunk, and if you even keep it and not donate it to salvation army, you have to wear it like a mike lawrence now

• Like 5

ask wargen

Sean had his warning at the end of a very funny sneaker segment, I knew Wargen's bomb of a question had a potential for being dropped. I feared the worst around every corner, but the episode turned out great! A perfect analogy.

I don't know who this wargen fellow is but he sounds like a real hepcat with a big floppy dingus. jk about the not knowing part not the rest which is 100% true.

I refuse to listen to this episode because I can tell they didn't roast Mike Lawrence alive with my scathing PCG questions. What is the point of surfing the razor edge of controversy and lazy googling old jokes from a guest's 2013 debut album, if when it comes time to spray the sarin gas of my truth bombs some unnamed hosts of a certain podcast get all fluttery in the stomach and lob some softball bullshit? I never thought I would have to do this but I am changing my name back to wargen. I don't even want the pro-version anymore. I refuse to receive special treatment from a couple of cowards. Next time there's a call for PCG questions I'll just ask some lame garbage about kittens and clouds.

Have fun gently smooching your guests' soft and tender tushies. I'll be out here on the streets, gleaming the cube in my sweet denim jacket with the 80's Bones Powell Peralta logo that my mom ironed-on for me.

Peace, warGEN out

• Like 12

I love me a big ice cream on 420 morning just lit up the real deal holyfield in my blizzy bunned 1 or 2 n posted with my dunnys eatin sunnys(sundaes)

So welcome to the forum

• Like 14

Happy 420 to you cheeba hawks. If I know I Sean like I think I do, he is tongue deep in some dank right now. Hayes is probably just baked out his flipping mind, thinking of new Family guy sketches (gotta be stoned to come up with that stuff)

• Like 11

Chip-Chop?

Electric Tie Rack, it's so nice, moving ties from side to side.

Electric Tie Rack, it's so nice, rackin up electric ties!

Thank you.

• Like 5

I nominate PutSome Gravyonit for the pro-version, because he sold me tix for the live show. i i told Hayes that it was him, but no pro version? i thought he got what i meant when i said

"yo hazie bone. member me? well, i wouldn't be here without PSGOI. give him what he deserves".

i think that's what i said.

Cheeba! Hawkington!

What up!!

Thanks for the shout out - and a big BKKKAWWWWW to you on this fine-ass four-twenny of a day.

hayes and i, we go way back. all the way to my previous account, putsome jellyonit. he added it to his likes even, which if i understand the earwolf forum infrastructure, entitled me to a free sklar themed mug warmer and 15 megabytes of any howl show i wanted. naturally, knowing my luck? my account got dumped before i could cash in. but i have the memories, and they'll keep me as warm as any sklar merch could.

meanwhile, just to point out a technicality that will serve no purpose and change nothing in any way, you probably should have just yelled "PG". you know how hayes likes his word games. he probably heard PSGOI and thought "Pauly Shore Googles On Internet". which, thinking back, does help explain hayes'es mood during that episode.

glad you made it to that show. youre just the sort of motherfucker the show needs around, keeping things real. reely reel.

oh and here comes karma. i just booked more tickets. now we'll try the other coast. w000t

~~jah love~~

• Like 6

this is my impression of people from NY doing a yelp review for a restaurant that is located somewhere other than NY.

"I'm from New York, so I know good [insert food here], and this was [select one] (a)not good or ( B) surprisingly good for not being in NY"

thank you

edit: I didn't mean for that cool smiley face to be there, but, you know what? I could get used to it...

• Like 16

i think i smoked weed thru my eyeballs today

and it's hardly noon

I would expect nothing less from a cheeba hawk of such high caliber.

• Like 7

Is it weird that I don't blaze on some herb? I mean, I dig the I4H 420 eps, I loved Cheech and Chong as a kid, but the actual spliff does not appeal to me.

• Like 3