🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tick0

Men in Black II (2002)

I know it was made because of how good the first did, but this movie is so bad that they had to throw a cartoon before so you went into the movie happy. Even the director said he phoned it in when making it.

Interesting choice, but I think it's more blah bad than How Did This Get Made bad. Rebuttal?

This movie was more about product placement than anything else, anyone remember the Burger King in the MIB HQ and the Lara Flynn Boyle eating a Whopper for a minute and a half on screen?

• Like 1

This movie was more about product placement than anything else, anyone remember the Burger King in the MIB HQ and the Lara Flynn Boyle eating a Whopper for a minute and a half on screen?

I don't remember much of the film, having only seen it once about a decade ago, but I know that Lara Flynn Boyle was damn near skeletal at one point. Did you get to see the outline of the Whopper as it made it's way down her gullet "Anaconda"-style? was it product placement, or was it the novelty of getting to see her actually eat something?

• Like 1

3364310230_c3607ebaca_m.jpg

It's a great restaurant!

• Like 1

This movie has one of the craziest central conceits I have ever seen. No, I am not talking about the idea of an extragovernmental agency that polices alien activity on Earth. No, I am not talking about the idea of aliens on Earth. And no, I am not talking about the idea that the post office is staffed entirely by extraterrestrials (a joke I still giggle at, despite its obviousness).

I am talking about Lara Flynn Boyle as a Victoria's Secret model. I have no idea who thought this would be remotely plausible, but I do remember seeing this in a theater and hearing quite a few guffaws the minute this plot point came up.

• Like 1

This movie is very, very bad. Even in 2002 I was confused. I don't understand Lara's "sex appeal" or "acting talent"

exhibit A:

boyle.jpg

She's not an unattractive woman by any means (back then at least; she's made some modifications in the ensuing years that leave me baffled), but she was never a great beauty. They have people in MIB2 practically picking up their jaws from the floor when she walks by, and it was absolutely ridiculous. I mean, the gang had a hard time accepting the reaction to Scottie Thompson in Skyline, and she's far more modelesque than LFB. Such a weird casting choice.

2upy6w2.jpg

Oh, and did I mention her acting is very, very bad? Because it is very, very bad.

I totally agree. She's pretty, but the response to her character in the movie is cartoonish. Surely they could have found an actress who is both good at her craft and pretty right? I mean she isn't soooooo hot that it makes up for her dreadful performance. I feel like the director was giving her notes from a 13 year-old girl.

"Ok, now walk real sexy and blast open that leather jacket. No, we don't want a shirt/blouse on under it. All we want is pasty skin and big hair." - Barry Sonnenfeld

Sherilyn Fenn is great. She was in an episode of Psych a few years ago that was a sort of tribute to Twin Peaks, and she still looked great.

sherilyn-fenn-as-maudette.jpg

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this