🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
faye-raye

Victor Frankenstein (2015)

This film was made for this podcast. It starts with a humped-back Daniel Radcliff in clown make-up and hurtles downhill from there. It features riffs on Young Frankenstein, an manic, undead, electric monkey in a back brace and James McEnvoy banging on a table and yelling 'babies in jars!' at two women

Daniel Radcliffe seems to be cropping up a lot in recommendations recently , doesnt he.

A budding Nicolas Cage or Stallone perhaps?

Daniel Radcliffe seems to be cropping up a lot in recommendations recently , doesnt he.

A budding Nicolas Cage or Stallone perhaps?

Personally I like him. He could have coasted on the back of Potter and faded into child star obscurity but he isn't a bad actor and seems willing to make brave and interesting choices. The downside of which is he has made some stinkers, hence my suggestion of this, but I still admire his courage to go for it.

Hahahah I will shamefully admit to having seen this in theatre on cheap night. Boy was that a mistake. I think I left right in the midst of the climactic battle or confrontation with the monster so I could catch a bus... It's so hard to remember anything about this very forgettable movie though. I remember laughing at the movie, thinking the soundtrack was so exaggerated and outdated, thinking i usually dislike macavoy but that this was the worst overacting I'd ever seen. Also that Igor was actually the hero of the movie and frankenstein was a psycho serial killer lol which would have been cool if the movie was actually dark rather than slapstick and weird.

Just watched this on the plane back to the states and boy howdy did this make that flight seem longer than it was.

Sign in to follow this