🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SamuelKaufman

Suggestion: Kids

I kind of hate Harmony Korine (and Korine by-products... I know he didn't direct this) but I'd love to hear the discussion on it.

I kind of hate Harmony Korine (and Korine by-products... I know he didn't direct this) but I'd love to hear the discussion on it.

What is there to possibly hate about Harmony Korine? He's an affable, creative dude who makes art from his heart. I don't like all his films, but I'm puzzled why you would hate him, even kind of. Knee jerk cyncism like this bums me out.

What is there to possibly hate about Harmony Korine? He's an affable, creative dude who makes art from his heart. I don't like all his films, but I'm puzzled why you would hate him, even kind of.

Yeah, poor word choice. I meant that I'm not a fan of his work, whether it be movies he directed or otherwise. Never met the guy though, not meant as a personal attack (in fact, I think I heard an interview he did on another podcast... WTF maybe? He seemed decent enough).

Knee jerk cyncism like this bums me out.

No cynicism here - you hope there's something good in every movie you go into (or else why watch movies?) And my opinion of his work only came after watching multiple films of his, so not knee-jerk either.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this