🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 57 - Houston's Restaurant in Houston TX

Paul F. Tompkins graciously welcomes all NOT to the DMV, but back to SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is stand-up comedian Retta of Parks and Recreation! They chat about why a suit may be purple, believing that hookers were imaginary, and Retta's reasons for turning down a phone sex job. Paul is then joined by Maria Blasucci, Mark McConville, and Colleen Smith to improvise a story set at Houston's Restaurant in Houston, TX. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano! SPONTANEANATION LIVE returns to Largo on Saturday, June 4th, with special guest

! Tickets are available now: bit.ly/SPONT616

The surprise in PFT's voice when he realizes he's going to do 28 shows in 22 days in many, many, many cities.

• Like 7

Wonderful. Just the sound of Reta's voice delights me. I loved how off the rails the improv went. Felt like a lot of 'no but'.

• Like 1

What a delightfully weird episode this was! Munderscore's character's evolution from restaurant owner to 200-year-old war hero to evil Egyptian god was a joy to follow.

Dear Entertainment: Please cast Maria Blasucci in everything ever. Thanks!

(I of course adore everyone else in this episode as well, but I recently rewatched Ghost Ghirls, and this episode just reinforced Blasooch's brilliance.)

• Like 1

Margaret Cho has psychic powers with that purple suit question. #RIPPrince

I enjoyed the Ben Carson pyramid reference.

Thanks for putting "pederast" in my Google search history, show.

• Like 2

'Tablesteaks(stakes?)' is a genuinely good nickname.

The 911/dead air conversation was a great detour.

• Like 1

I started the episode and was about to come here and get into the whole Bob Kane/Bill Finger thing, but then Paul interjected saying "DON'T BOTHER!"

So I will say that the Adam West TV show did ripoff ancient Egypt for one villain: King Tut!

tumblr_nqa002Fcrb1sqf5tdo1_500.jpg

• Like 2

I enjoyed the Ben Carson pyramid reference.

If Paul wasn't already open about the taping schedule, that would have placed this pretty squarely in late 2015.

The whole ep was terrific. Any time Blasooch and Smee are on board, you know the silliness dial is getting turned up to 10.

What's that "doodly doo that's all" riff that Eban played at the end of the story? Cuz it was hilarious.

I know Eban's always lacing some classic tunes into the soundtrack but this week I just have to ask -- anyone else swear they could hear a bit of Floyd Cramer's "Last Date" in there somewhere?

What's that "doodly doo that's all" riff that Eban played at the end of the story? Cuz it was hilarious.

No idea, but his last hit on this episode made me burst out laughing the loudest I've done in a long time. HILAROUS. Eban's scoring has been particularly on point lately, don't you think? Genius.

Sign in to follow this