🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 131 - Jake and Amir, Our Close Friends

Easily one of my favorite "bye"s yet! Super strong episode. It continually amazes me how they can make absolutely nothing happening so funny. I love this podcast!

• Like 17

really contemptible that these cretins took something as good and as nice and as smart as a Hollywood Handbook guest spot and turned it into their own vile soapbox to criticize Phish. "If I were you" Jake and Amir, I'd get my "headgum" cleared out before my next appearance

• Like 9

Easily one of my favorite "bye"s yet! Super strong episode. It continually amazes me how they can make absolutely nothing happening so funny. I love this podcast!

It's the Seinfeld of podcasts!

• Like 7

@Jacob C

Love the conspiracy! But what would be so bad they have to cut it out? Now I want to know that! Your only opening doors we can't shut.

Every time god closes a door, I open a different door, a door that often leads to Iliza Shlesinger and what racist things she may have said.

• Like 6

@Jacob C

Listened to that ep. again, and you are so right! She must have said some really bad stuff. Iliza must have said some serious stuff! Wow, haha. That should go up on their "lost episodes" edition.

• Like 5

My wife is Polish, and if she could figure out how to download this podcast she'd be really upset about the use of the p-word in this episode.

(J/k @ my wife, and sorry @ the ladies)

• Like 3

I truly hope that Amir and that notorious bad boy of comedy Nathan Fielder never record a podcast together. The amount of beeps and cutting would make the episode unlistenable!

• Like 4

I'm going to start saying "I would love to have the power of lunch in me" and "got 'em, bitch" at every possible opportunity.

PS - I really liked that Jake and Amir were on the show, I want Sean and Hayes to be best friends with them forever. I'm not sure why, I just do.

• Like 6

PS - First (for last week)

PPS - First (for this week)

• Like 8

My name is Jake so when I saw the ep this morning I got really excited and thought I was the guest :(

• Like 7

Two guests?!? Interesting. I'm excited to see how this plays out.

Turns out, it was great!

• Like 13

Now that the Hollywood Handboys are incorporating drops, 90s references, and Star Wars references, I no longer need Doughboys.

I give today's HH episode 5 forks!

• Like 18

Does anybody know where I can buy a copy of Engineer Cody's Lunch Menu Portfolio (Arranged Autobiographically)? EarwolfStoreMerch.com maybe? Or can Commodore Sean's company start shipping them out?

• Like 6

the episode was excellent. we are truly living the halcyon days.

One thing that buss me up in a bad way was that i was looking forward to hearing sean really go off on one and DESTROY the concept of birthdays in a trademark tirade - alas no, friggin j&a trampled all over that beautiful spring flower like a dumb bear looking for a nice tree to probably poo and wee all over(haha imagine that). maybe they should think about going back to COLLEGEhumor, seems like they weren't paying attention in some classes heh if you know what i'm saying.

but anyway good episode boys A+++ i really did laugh and feel good

• Like 7

The boys are really starting to show us how to make it rather than just telling us.

It was clear that Mike Lawrence's racial jokes got them a fat 55k listens. Today they let Jake (or Amir) pour gas all over that fire and it is now hot, baby.

• Like 8

Classic Engineer Cody uploading the wrong file. I wonder how long before they realize the mistake?

I'm sure they are in panic mode at Earwolf, trying to replace it. I really wanted to hear Iliza Shlesingers (Alleged) insensitive rant ep. spliced in with this one. It's just like Cody to do this.

• Like 6

IMG_5798.jpg

Now I can't help but think that Horn Hayesio needs t.p. for his semen

• Like 19

Not trying to compete with you Zsinjeh, but I managed to dig up a different edit over on soundcloud

• Like 22

I couldn't tell whether Amir was doing a bit when he sounded so frustrated toward the end and I like it that way.

• Like 8

I couldn't tell whether Amir was doing a bit when he sounded so frustrated toward the end and I like it that way.

That was real.

• Like 4

That was real.

Really? I've been battling with that for a bit. How are you so sure?

• Like 3

Now I can't help but think that Horn Hayesio needs t.p. for his semen

TP for that Pre-cum

• Like 6

good ep. jake or amir piling up on the other jake or amir with sean and hayes was good. hayes is naturally good when he gets to bully one guy with other guys. also thought cody was very much on point in this ep, besides missing that joke about porking ham like Henry said. that would have played so well into that brilliant 'cornholios in your bag / back' joke that sean made later.

seans fake laugh this episode @42:47 was eerily similar to his one genuine laugh from the last episode @47:44. which makes me think... did cody swap out that one genuine laugh for this fake laugh, to shield us (or him) from consequences of seans genuine laugh being on the podcast? maybe protecting ben afflec-type listeners from another dogma-style incident? is engineers heroes then? or does sean laugh like a real dweebozoid and is embarassed about it?

• Like 6