🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 418 - Paul Reiser and The Apple Tree

Comedy legend Paul Reiser of Mad About You and Diner joins the 1st timers club on today's Comedy Bang! Bang! Paul chats with Scott about getting back into stand-up after a very long hiatus, accidentally getting a role in the film Diner, and the importance of the finale of the ABC sitcom Mad About You. Later, our good friends Victor and Tiny return with news of unlocking the secret to help Victor with his stage fright as well as a brand new song about the apple tree they've been living under.

• Like 1

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Is Prince dying part of the CBB year of death?

• Like 4

Holy shit I'm so happy Willy is back on the show!!!

I just finished listening to the apple tree song and the whole time i was rolling around and knocking things over from laughing so fucking hard. Willy was robbed of gettin on last year's top 10... this eps easily my #1 so far. So great how Scott hates him too. Small is a genius

My stomach hurts. Time to finish listening.

• Like 6

Boy I am going to be sick of Paul Reiser's voice by Saturday. Since I assume Scott has recorded a bunch of episodes he has in the can for the time of the CBB live tour, this maybe should have been delayed so we could get our Reiser in doses

Was this recorded before prince died?

Definitely. Small had said he'd done a CBB recently, but we also got a "that's a good song" at the end of the plug bag a few weeks ago that tipped off the type of shrewd listeners who look up exactly when Shane Torres was on Conan to get a recording date on an episode.

• Like 1

Definitely. Small had said he'd done a CBB recently, but we also got a "that's a good song" at the end of the plug bag a few weeks ago that tipped off the type of shrewd listeners who look up exactly when Shane Torres was on Conan to get a recording date on an episode.

Wait... what episode had "that's a good song"? Pretty sure I missed that :[

Scott was more disgusted by Willy joining in on the song than the apple noises, and that was beautiful.

• Like 10

Oh god that song is so gross.

By which you mean so **exceptional**. And another adjective. Synonym for disgusting.

Great though. Great/gross duality.

• Like 1

I disagree, I think it's canon in the CBBverse that Prince never died.

• Like 1

So satisfying to hear the triumphant return of Bictor and Tiny. Now we require a reprise of the Wompster. Perhaps you can lure her in with a Digiorno crust stuffed with creamed corn.

• Like 1

Oh god, I had to dry my eyes from crying listening to the Apple Tree song... God I love Victor & Tiny so much. What was brilliant is that Scott hated Willy was on the track over the constant apple crunching. Now, I'm curious... did they use a Macintosh, Golden Delicious, Fuji, or some other apple for the delicious backing track?.

• Like 5

Definitely my favourite episode of 2016 so far, it will be interesting to see how the "eating noises" reflect on the votes at the end of the year; I can imagine that they alone made this episode unlistenable for some fans. I love that Small always does extra work and comes in with a fully produced bit, I hope we see (hear?) more of him soon.

• Like 6

I like when the old guard stops by Comedy Bang Bang to play. Crossing my fingers for a Michael Keaton episode with John Lennon and Gino Lambardo in the near future.

• Like 6

Definitely a best of, right here! Brendon Small kills it every time. I freaking love Willy and Scott's disgust of him.

As always Scott delivered a great interview with a legendary performer - Victor.

Just kidding, Reiser is one of the greats. Great get Scotty!

RIP Prince.

• Like 7

Man, the Bonobos ad in the middle around min 40 was bonkers. By that I mean it was amazing. Maybe the best ad that has ever existed. I imagine it as an animated mini-cartoon. Soooo good.

• Like 7