🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 418 - Paul Reiser and The Apple Tree

I am unfamiliar with Paul Reiser and his work, but for whatever reason, when I hear comedy genius, I think Brendon Small. Must be a generational thing.

• Like 1

There was chewing on that Apple Song track? Oh man, I completely missed it while I was eating my afternoon snack Honeycrisp.

• Like 5

Man, the Bonobos ad in the middle around min 40 was bonkers. By that I mean it was amazing. Maybe the best ad that has ever existed. I imagine it as an animated mini-cartoon. Soooo good.

Victor & Tiny are my second-favorite comedy duo, behind Scott & Brett.

• Like 2

Oh cool, Paul Reiser's on the show. Gives me a chance to post this dumb thing I made:

HellReiser.jpg

• Like 9

How has #jizztastic not become a thing yet?

• Like 1

Glad no one is offended by victor and tiny yet

If you liked the Apple song I made this thing with it:

Likey?

Bravo. Well done!

who is doing all that chewing?

and i mean the gum chewing, not the apple chewing///

The Apple Tree changed my fucking life. Funniest thing I've heard for a long time, ANYWHERE.

• Like 3

I kept turning up the song to try to make out the lyrics, then being forced to turn it down because auughh, the chewing!!!

• Like 1

Doesn't Jason Mantzoukas hate mouth sounds? I'd love to know what he thought of the song.

I laughed so much this episode, I even laughed right when it became clear what Willy was coming in because I love that character so much. What a man brat. It was a great interview with Paul too, and he played along perfectly with Victor/Tiny/Willy.

• Like 4

Is that an edit point right when Tiny starts talking about Pictures at an Exhibition? Is Scott's anti-prog rock bias depriving us of more delightful references to British keyboardists?

This was so excellent. I gave up and started laughing out loud on public transportation. Thankfully it wasn't too crowded.

The moment the Apple song turns into 'I Would Die 4 U' I completely lost the ability to stifle my laughter at work. I'm being referred to as "that guy" by my coworkers now.

• Like 1

There was chewing on that Apple Song track? Oh man, I completely missed it while I was eating my afternoon snack Honeycrisp.

Gotta say, that's a good apple!

Man, the Bonobos ad in the middle around min 40 was bonkers. By that I mean it was amazing. Maybe the best ad that has ever existed. I imagine it as an animated mini-cartoon. Soooo good.

Yes! More Brett in the CBB ads!

• Like 1

and i mean the gum chewing, not the apple chewing///

srsly did anyone else hear this

it was driving me fucking insane

The Apple Tree Song bit was so fucking weird. Very funny, but who the hell comes up with that??

I don't know anything about Paul Reiser. He seems like kind of a prick.

I had to laugh at Paul's story about people yelling at him for the actions of his TV character...

For years, I would tell people I wouldn't watch Mad About You because I hate Paul Reiser for how he tried to put face huggers on Ripley and Newt in Aliens...

And omg - whenever Brendon Small brings in a prepared tape, you know it's going to be amazing. I still laugh out loud thinking of the "Podcast" episode....

• Like 4

Once again, another seriously terrific episode with Victor and Tiny. And I love that Willy made an appearance. I want him to keep coming back, and for Scott to always hate it.

Did anyone else feel so super happy when the Apple Tree Song turned into "I Would Die 4 U"? I've loved every little bit of Prince appreciation I've heard in the week+ since his death.

• Like 3