🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
phred2321

Suggestion: Darren Aronofsky's Noah

I think this film is brilliant, and we need Aronofsky in the canon. I think Pi, Requiem, Black Swan, etc. would be too "slam dunk" and that Noah would lead to better debate. But I don't know maybe I'm wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Noah is a fine film, but was probably overshadowed by the fact that Aronofsky was coming off the one-two punch of The Wrestler and Black Swan. I almost think The Fountain might be more worthy, but I wouldn't mind a Noah episode.

If you want controversy and arguments, The Fountain is a better choice I reckon. It's either Loved or Hated. (I'm in the Love camp).

Apart from a superb Evolution sequence- I think it's maybe the least ambitious Aronofsky film (even if it has Rock Angels).

• Like 1

If you want controversy and arguments, The Fountain is a better choice I reckon. It's either Loved or Hated. (I'm in the Love camp).

Apart from a superb Evolution sequence- I think it's maybe the least ambitious Aronofsky film (even if it has Rock Angels).

Is it? I assumed it was also in the universally loved category. (It's personally my favorite) shows what I know I guess.

Also I think there's plenty of ambition in Noah, certainly more ambitious than The Wrestler

I love NOAH but I think it may be too recent. The movie hasn't really settled into place yet.

THE FOUNTAIN is a great choice.

• Like 1

I love NOAH but I think it may be too recent. The movie hasn't really settled into place yet.

THE FOUNTAIN is a great choice.

I love The Fountain; how do you feel about The Wrestler, Devin?

Can we put forward Black Swan *just* to hear Devin begrudgingly acknowledge how much Aronofsky lifted from Satoshi Kon (and obviously The Archers & Hitchcock) for Black Swan? It would make my year just to hear Devin acknowledge that while he doesn't particularly like anime or consider anime canon worthy (he's just as wrong about anime as Amy is about Se7en btw) two of the greatest contemporary filmmakers alive stole from Satoshi Kon explicitly (the other of course being Nolan- who literally lifted all of his visual ideas for Inception from Kon's Paprika)

Sign in to follow this