🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
doubleginntonic

Weekend at Bernie's 2 (1993)

The fact someone even had the balls to pitch the idea of this movie is amazing enough but the fact it actually got made blows my mind every time I think about it. The plot revolves around a witch doctor who raises Bernie from the dead right after the first movie finishes for reasons that can only be described as hazy. Instead of just pretending he's dead, this time Bernie dances whenever music is played around him which is some fresh story telling I think we can all get behind.

• Like 2

I'm watching this movie right now for the first time since I was a kid and it's amazing. They should definitely do it:

• Like 1

I haven’t seen the original since the 90s, but if I remember correctly, it wasn’t exactly brilliant farce either (which means as a teenager, I loved it). It’s streaming on HBO right now. Kinda tempted to revisit it, mostly not, but who knows, maybe after a drink or two (not that I’m endorsing watching anything related to HDTGM in an intoxicated state. In fact it should be mandated that we should all watch every HDTGM movie stone-cold sober, so we can let their collective brilliance infect our minds)....

• Like 1

I love both movies. They are fucking dumb, but Silverman and Mccarthy were a solid pairing. I almost enjoy the second one a bit more because of how amazing Terry Kiser was with his physical comedy and timing. 

Also the underwater sequence was actually pretty impressive and i'm sure a fucking nightmare to pull off. 

• Like 2

Aw, I used to like this and the original as a kid. I've not watched them in ages but I don't doubt this one would be good to do.

Stuff like this and zombie media has really opened my eyes as to how little people seem to understand their bodies and what actually happens after you die.

• Like 2

I have to say that having magic/voodoo involved goes a long way in making two guys hanging out with a corpse seem alot more normal. 

Sign in to follow this