🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 419 - The 7th Anniversary Show!

Is there anything better than J-Dog, Scotty Auks and Paul Eff opening up an episode, just a riffin' bits?

• Like 6

The host is ALSO a dude! Gah! The mere existence of dudes is downright offensive to all chicks.

Do you... Do you think someone thinks this?

I can't tell who's being sarcastic anymore with the women stuff. I feel like everyone is and others are getting fake-but-actually offended and people that are fake-but-not-actually offended.

• Like 2

Not a single mention of corn. Unacceptable. The Cornthusiasts Society of Cornwall, Nebraska, of which I am Honorary Chairperson, strongly disapproves of this episode.

• Like 1

I expressed rather mild, but genuine, concern over the episode having 0 women out of 7 guests, and prefaced that by acknowledging that I was being a downer. (I personally hate the phrase 'trigger warning', which is why I rather clearly did not use it in a serious manner.)

After posting that, I went back to see how many episodes recently were all men and was reminded that the show generally does include women and has a reasonably diverse cast. So admittedly I had probably been a bit fast to even raise the issue. (Of course by then the ball was already rolling straight into hell apparently.)

At the same time, the bar the show has been jumping over is set pretty low; having a woman on on many episodes, and a majority of women on a rare few episodes, is not some radical accomplishment, and continuing to push to have more included isn't a bad thing. Also Lauren Lapkus is the Konami Code of podcasts.

Anyway Im sure Scotty Aux reached out to various women who all coincidentally were unavailable, and life will move on.

Except for a few people, who seem like they could die of a rage stroke at any moment.

PS to the people fact checking my claim that Lauren was the only woman on the show. I said "in the past year." Please take a look again and I think you'll see that that statement was 100% fact and also so so obviously facetious.

• Like 4

I think Scott should specifically name which forum members that he doesn't want to have the Earwolf studio address.

• Like 4

Me: oh, there's no women on this, interesting, Scott usually tries to have a good balance, ah well not a big deal I'll just go about my day as befo-

Someone else: HEY FUCK OFF BRO!

Me: that's a normal response and you aren't a weirdo!

• Like 4

Shame PFT left before Scott and friends started talking about Adrien Brody's SNL appearance.

• Like 9

Riddle: How many nerds does it take to remember the name of John Lennon's killer?

Answer: More than 8, apparently.

It's not like it is a hard thing to remember, Sirhan Sirhan is a VERY distinctive name!

• Like 3

Hey now that we're checking facts, anything I got right was a serious point and anything I got wrong was obviously a joke. Come on, you sillies!

• Like 2

Riddle: How many nerds does it take to remember the name of John Lennon's killer?

It's not like it is a hard thing to remember, Sirhan Sirhan is a VERY distinctive name!

I'm going to say that IS an actual riddle.

I think Scott should specifically name which forum members that he doesn't want to have the Earwolf studio address.

Probably that corn guy.

• Like 2

i would want to know, not to do anything spook jook, but i would love to just sit in during all the casts as quietly as humanly possible

This was a strong, supportive episode providing a safe space for men who haven't had sex in 20+ years. It's great to be included for once.

• Like 5

I love this show, and this line-up is spectacular - with that said, less Tim Baltz, please. I've yet to hear him be funny and/or make-up a character that isn't derivative of someone else's, funnier character.

I love this show, and this line-up is spectacular - with that said, less Tim Baltz, please. I've yet to hear him be funny and/or make-up a character that isn't derivative of someone else's, funnier character.

While I didn't get to Baltz in this ep yet, I have to politely disagree with you about his output overall. In that last one where he was Tom Petty, it wasn't hilarious early on, but during the third segment he got a lot of great laughs in. the sugarbabies one with Zach G I thought he was great on

just as much Tim Baltz Scotty!

• Like 6

What?

I think they were not naming Lennon's assassin, because that is what he wanted. Beatle fans never name him, to deny him what he wanted.

Haven't finished the ep but I wonder if anyone will realize that they are referencing the wrong celebrity assassin.

• Like 2

listening to the live episode from the other night on the widow howl app.

why cant the live episodes be on the best of's?

• Like 1

listening to the live episode from the other night on the widow howl app.

why cant the live episodes be on the best of's?

You should go comment about the live ep here! http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/33294-april-30-los-angeles-the-theater-at-ace-hotel/

This is a not at all subtle hope/begging that all Howl listeners start commenting on the Howl threads. It makes me feel terrible to see my own face just running up and down such a huge section of the forum. Please. Let's get some other faces showing there. Thank you.

• Like 6