🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
beezyharps

Ed Wood vs. Edward Scissorhands

I realize it has become easy to take shots at Tim Burton and Johnny Depp as of late, as individuals as well as a duo. And to be fair, their work over the last five or so years has been tough to watch. But let's not forget that Depp and Burton were once one of the most powerful director-actor combinations in Hollywood and made some fantastic films together. In my opinion, the two best have to be "Ed Wood" and "Edward Scissorhands." I watched them both recently, and found that both still held up as classics. Burton was such a unique filmmaker and knew how to bring out the absolute best out of Depp. I would love to see this discussion, as I have no doubt one of these movies deserve induction into the canon.

• Like 2

Yeah I agree, it's quite cool to hate them, But I think their impact on cinema has been quite massive.

I've said this before, but Sweeney Todd V Ed Wood would be my preferred versus, if we are only having one Burton in there.

• Like 1

While I like both of these movies (Ed Wood moreso), I'm holding out for Beetlejuice. Vs Nothing. That film, that REVELATION, simply cannot get too much love.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this