🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 135.5 - Minisode 135.5

Yeah, it's 100% rape. That's basically as far as I got this morning. So far, I hate this movie, and I can't really imagine that the remaining hour is going to make me change my mind. It's like a twelve year old douche bag boy's fantasy of what sex is like. I don't care if the human race is about to die off, you can't drug someone into having sex, and then try to justify that with "but she really wanted it." I mean, why does it even have to be "sex?" Why can't it be IVF? The only reason I can think is because the writer was like, "Wouldn't it be cool if I was the last man on Earth and all these chicks just wanted my balls?" I assume this thought would then be followed by creepy, lecherous laughter.

That's why I brought up the Spangle (who I almost call Spangler every time; sorry, Egon) part. I think that was their lame attempt to justify it. But, yeah, I totally agree with you. It's such a neckbeardy approach of "Well, I didn't really rape her because I was forced to, but in the end, she liked it anyway, so it's all okay."

But, I will say that the second half of the movie gets a lot better. Once they get to Frogtown, it gets back to the kind of fucking weird/awesome movie we expect from HDTGM

ETA: I just remembered that they even mention that they have a lot of samples from him. There's literally no going around in the Pussy Wagon raping strangers.

• Like 3

(who I almost call Spangler every time; sorry, Egon)

tumblr_mb0z5bTsw51qfr6udo6_400.gif

But, I will say that the second half of the movie gets a lot better. Once they get to Frogtown, it gets back to the kind of fucking weird/awesome movie we expect from HDTGM

Not sure why we're using "spoiler" tags still, but I'm game...

Yeah, I hope it will get better. So far, if it isn't being outright insulting, I've actually found it kind of boring...but, like you said, I haven't even got to the titular Frogtown yet. I'll try to keep an open mind, but it's lost a lot of ground that it will need to recover for me get me on board...We'll see.

• Like 2

I feel all your C&O issues. Please nominate your best posts. We need them. I don't care if you vote for yourself - send them to HOWDIDTHISGETMADE@EARWOLF.COM

Re: Selection - We try to pass the baton a bit and not just make it the same people week after week and unfortunately some of the bigger posts just get trimmed down for brevity and my by solid choice to not pre-read and make notes...But the long ones are fun too. Your comments are my favorite things about the show and I love butchering all of them in fun/different and new ways.

Also always open to any new ideas for the mini, that can be done with not too much production.

• Like 7

I feel all your C&O issues. Please nominate your best posts. We need them. I don't care if you vote for yourself - send them to HOWDIDTHISGETMADE@EARWOLF.COM

Re: Selection - We try to pass the baton a bit and not just make it the same people week after week and unfortunately some of the bigger posts just get trimmed down for brevity and my by solid choice to not pre-read and make notes...But the long ones are fun too. Your comments are my favorite things about the show and I love butchering all of them in fun/different and new ways.

Also always open to any new ideas for the mini, that can be done with not too much production.

You have my express permission to butcher my stupid ass posts or make fun of me as much as you want. ;)

• Like 3

Anyone on the boards good at supercuts? We need one of all the different ways Paul has tried to pronounce our names (half of it would probably be Elektra Boogaloo).

• Like 5

Related: I'm still bummed about that time you had us all switch our names to dinosaur-related names for Theodore Rex, Cameron, and then Paul didn't take the bait.

• Like 3

Related: I'm still bummed about that time you had us all switch our names to dinosaur-related names for Theodore Rex, Cameron, and then Paul didn't take the bait.

Me too...

• Like 3

Anyone on the boards good at supercuts? We need one of all the different ways Paul has tried to pronounce our names (half of it would probably be Elektra Boogaloo).

IKR Maxi-me-low will always be my HDTGM name :)

Also I was thinking... I know that there is a thread in this forum for the upcoming HOWDIES, but before I post this idea there I wanted to run it by you guys...

How about a category for the best unread C&O between Ep.89 (Gooby) and Ep. 135 (Solar Babies)

This needs a little bit of extra work because we have to read the C&Os on the episode thread and then listen to the mini-episode to make sure that the nominees were not read in the show ( This verification step can be skipped with the confirmation of the original posters of the unread C&Os )

Tell me what you think...

I still have my Elite Hacker screen name... Inside bubbles

• Like 1

I liked this movie because Roddy Piper deserves to be on the cult movie legend version of Mt. Rushmore along with Bruce Campbell, Tom Atkins, and Danny Trejo, but the one thing that still bugs me about this premise is that Piper for all intents and purpose is the last hope for this military group to repopulate and refill their ranks, yet they send him off into a barren wasteland to find these kidnapped women. rather than finding more women to bring to him. The risk vs. reward of this scenario is so lopsided because if he were to be killed then it wouldn't matter how many women they find because as the head nurse lady stated, viable men of any kind were a very rare commodity. Also, I assume that I wasn't the only one who noticed the shoe-horned in wasteland version of Piper's kilt that they made him wear for absolutely no reason other than to connect to his wrestling persona. Lastly, I own this on DVD as part of a double feature with Defcon-4 and the trailers before this are ripe with HDTGM worthy movies (Black Moon Rising, The Stuff, and a couple others.)

• Like 1

Paul's posted a couple of times recently... we're dragging him into our world...

• Like 5

if your like me and your not a big chick flick fan.

Your in for a real treat if you watch How To Be Single. I made the much needed missing character poster art work for Jason Mantzoukas.

343oris.jpg

The other cast members that I based this on at IMDB.

Recommend music that goes along with that can be found

. He's the hero of the story he doesn't need to be saved. Not only does he save the kids from a bad story time telling but he saved this movie for me.

if your like me and your not a big chick flick fan.

Your in for a real treat if you watch How To Be Single. I made the much needed missing character poster art work for Jason Mantzoukas.

343oris.jpg

The other cast members that I based this on at IMDB.

Recommend music that goes along with that can be found

. He's the hero of the story he doesn't need to be saved. Not only does he save the kids from a bad story time telling but he saved this movie for me.

I haven't seen this yet, but it's on my list. I heard it's really funny.

I'd also recommend Sleeping with Other People to anyone that hasn't seen it yet. He and Andrea Savage play a married couple, and they basically make the whole movie.

I haven't seen this yet, but it's on my list. I heard it's really funny.

I'd also recommend Sleeping with Other People to anyone that hasn't seen it yet. He and Andrea Savage play a married couple, and they basically make the whole movie.

it is funny, BTW. as soon as Jason pops his head around the corner you'll be on the floor laughing. He owns this movie at that point in time.

That is a real picture from How To Be Single. it just hit me he's got that give me your baby sweater on .

Keep thinking this is Thursday, today. because that's when I watch most of the films that are featured on HDTGM.

Thanks for reminding me of Jason in the park too, that's another good one.

15xcno.jpg

Not to be confused with jason at the beach. we've all seen that one or as i now call it, the beachcombers

• Like 1

I normally end up enjoying the movies from HDTGM. This one however.....ugh. I think a majority of my dislike for the movie stems from Rowdy Roddy Piper substituting awkward fake smiles for any attempt at acting. Reaction to this? Awkward fake smile. Response to that? Awkward fake smile.

• Like 1

I normally end up enjoying the movies from HDTGM. This one however.....ugh. I think a majority of my dislike for the movie stems from Rowdy Roddy Piper substituting awkward fake smiles for any attempt at acting. Reaction to this? Awkward fake smile. Response to that? Awkward fake smile.

roddy-piper-380x180.jpg

• Like 3

ok, way behind this week so i only got to watch this tonight and i gotta say ... i loved it. maybe i am just in a giddy mood or something but it was alot of fun. spent most of it making comparisons between it and fury road. have ye seen this ...

• Like 1

This is fucking messing with my steez super hard you guys...

UlDtOYF.jpg

I just can't handle this.

• Like 3

not sure if its this week taylor anne is in ireland but if you read this .. and it is ... get your ass upto donegal ... http://www.rte.ie/te...-in-malin-head/

Ugh here I am a week late but yeah I got to Dublin on the 11th and found out they had landed in Belfast on the 13th. Had no car and really no way to get up there. So mad I couldn't stalk them!

This is fucking messing with my steez super hard you guys...

UlDtOYF.jpg

I just can't handle this.

I pointed this out when Battlefront came out because the animated Luke is basically just Sebastian!!!

And then I got mad that they even bothered with Hayden Christiansen at all when this man exists.

• Like 3

So is Sebastian Stan the third acting immortal next to Keanu Reeves and Nic Cage?

keanu.jpg

nicolas-cage-440.jpg

• Like 2

So is Sebastian Stan the third acting immortal next to Keanu Reeves and Nic Cage?

keanu.jpg

nicolas-cage-440.jpg

-

And famously - and frighteningly, Vlad Putin:

putin-3-way_3528087b.jpg

p02lpc4b.jpg

• Like 4