🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

That ending SERIOUSLY made me cry. Then I had to explain to my sister that I was crying at Dinosaurs. And she laughed.

• Like 5

It sort of looks like the dinosaur in that short-lived TV show about talking dinosaurs. The one where the baby dinosaur would do evil shit and then look at the camera, and then say, "I'm the baby, you gotta love me."

I remember the show, but the name escapes me. Dino...something...

This really needs the HDTGM treatment. It has everything. Alternate future. talking dinosaurs. killer butterflies. Bud Cort as a gang leader. Whoopi as a cop. and a convoluted plot involving a homicidal Noah hoping to bring about the next ice age. But this is nothing compared to our eponymous character. Teddy is a wise-cracking Robin WiIlliams aping T. Rex who just wants to be loved and has a desire for cookies that the Cookie Monster would think is excessive. This movie also has the distinction of being the most expensive direct to video movie with a budget of 33.5 million dollars which was not used on animatronics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rsZOIu3sFU

I remember seeing the cover for this when I worked at a video store back in the day, always looked like it had to be hilariously bad, the cover alone would make me laugh.

This movie was MADE for HDTGM! The studio was so ashamed after dropping $33,000,000.00 on a Whoopi & Dino Buddy Cop flick, they abandoned it. PERFECT FOR YOUR PODCAST!!

She's a no-nonsense future cop. He's a dinosaur.

Whoopi Goldberg in...

THEODORE REX

The world's toughest cop is getting a brand new partner. He's a real blast from the past.

Until I heard the preview, I had forgotten that Whoopi was an academy award winner. She has to be a contender for worst post-oscar career, doesn't she?

Until I heard the preview, I had forgotten that Whoopi was an academy award winner. She has to be a contender for worst post-oscar career, doesn't she?

Well, maybe as far as her movie work is concerned, but she's kept busy in some way or another pretty much the whole time. As much as I don't think that the Oscars should be a popularity contest, I REALLY hate when someone swoops in, has A good year, wins in an upset in a year with a lot of good performances, and then seemingly drops off the face of the Earth, never to be seen again. At least she's not guilty of that.

Sign in to follow this