🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
birdman2944

Operation: Endgame (2010)

Cordry is way over the top and this movie makes no fucking sense whatsoever. I agree that there are a ton of awesome people but the whole idea of it is super far-fetched. The set is cheesy and redundant and the characters are cliche. Great HDTGM material

I like how Zach Galifinakis is on the very front of the cover and yet he barely has one line of dialog. I only watched the movie because of him and I spent the entire movie feeling cheated.

This movie would be good because it's so bizarre. There's was seemingly no connection between the way this movie was cast, written, or directed. Watching it I had no idea what about the movie I was supposed to enjoy, generally when watching a bad movie you can think to yourself, "oh I see that's supposed to be funny but wasn't", with this I would find myself thinking "why did that happen what are they trying to do?" There's also the bizarre way it just gets suddenly political at the end. It is a truly strange movie and definitely makes you wonder how it got made.

My brother woke me up one night and said "You have to see this movie! Rob Corddry, Adam Scott, Zach Galifianakis, Bob Odenkirk..." and boy did I have NO clue I would get what I got.

Although, to echo everyone else's sentiments, Corddry kind of owned it.

Also, after I watched it I did look into how it got made. The screenplay was part of some writing competition and the prize for winning was that you got your film made. So, maybe the question to be asked is How Did This Movie Win, or How Did This Writer Think That This Was Any Good.

I didn't think it was a great movie, but I also didn't think it was that bad. It was just that it was a run of the mill, forgettable Direct-to-video Tarantino-inspired film (dime a dozen for, like, the last 20 years). The twists don't really add up either. It's a shame that so much talent is wasted, but I actually think an all-comedian action thriller is kind of a neat idea. Just a rather weak film with great casting (and if memory serves, most of the cast seem to be trying. I do like the idea of applying Zack Galifianakis' persona as a villain). Still, there is that weird element that it somehow ties into the inauguration of Barack Obama. OK, I've sort of turned around on this, but I think you need to get a writer and some cast members in for this one. The origin sounds much more interesting than the film itself.

Any other thoughts? Am I way too generous on this one?

It's a guilty pleasure for me. It's nothing great and the stories that are meant to build upon what we are seeing, they are kind of glossed over in favor of letting the comedians do their own thing and they could handle themselves in an action scene which was surprising. The whole twist at the end was thrown in and at times it felt like it was a serious IRL Archer with office politics and spies.

Sign in to follow this