🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 133 — Alison Rich, Our Close Friend

Podcast? more like GODcast!

good ep

(isode)

• Like 11

Review of Hollywood Handbook for this week:

Funny episode. Funny podcast. Mediocre forum.

Review of my lunch for today:

Funny ham and cheese sandwich. Funny roasted potatoes. Funny chopped carrots. Mediocre 20 oz bottle of Diet 7-Up.

• Like 19

Funny chopped carrots.

Did ya steam those bad boys a bit or go at 'em rawdog?

Mediocre forum.

Ya I can't figure out what the problem is. It's definitely not us Joe because this is quality content. Just look at how inspired I was by your insightful review.

AwCtEfI.png

• Like 13

i thought the forum was kind of neat...

I don't mean to disagree with established forum bigwigs, but I'm a bit of a risk taker and a bad boy

(I was hoping this was gonna be the moment that I'd get something like "I like your moxie, kid" and i'd get made as a legit forum cool guy)

• Like 10

ok this is the 133rd episode in a row where they break the anonymity rule and say the guest's name almost immediately and im starting to get sick of it.

• Like 17

But can't we forget about that and lose ourselves in the joy that is the return of whatup whatup?

• Like 10

At first I didn't know anything about this Alison character, but after seeing how well she rolled in the big leagues with S&H, I can totally see why she's so Rich.

I had heard Bernie talk a lot about the Rich and how they have too much influence. But after hearing Alison be hilarious and talk about her own influences, I've changed my mind. Alison Rich deserves everything she's got and I think we're better off with her having lots of influence, whether its on young comediennes or in politics. Sorry, Bern. I'm on Team Rich from here on out.

• Like 11

At first I didn't know anything about this Alison character, but after seeing how well she rolled in the big leagues with S&H, I can totally see why she's so Rich.

Ok wow yes dude yes.

A lot of people are gonna come in here with a lot of big talk about "don't do name jokes" but guess what dude, fuck that. "Don't make a joke about my name I've heard it a million times" ok right lol life is sooo tough hearing hilarious jokes automatically every single time you meet someone. Ok sure you hate laughing I get it. You know what it is its this PC culture.

Me, I only do name jokes now. That's it bud. Especially when I'm using a little app called Tinder, or as I call it, NinTinder 64 (name jokes), bc that's how many chicks I bone on there a week. A WEEK BRO. Exclusively name jokes. And BELIEVE ME, I do JUST fine lol. Don't worry about me my guy.

Quick for instance off the dome: girls name is Yolanda, I come in like "is ur dad Sully Sullenberger bc Yo-landa a love-plane in my heart-river." But don't use that, that's mine

• Like 20

Sorry for the early cliff hanger post. Not only did I listen to it, I laughed at the jokes! Alison was a fantastic guest and I look forward to hearing from our Friend Alison, Again.

And not trying to call you out Cargo, but can you do a joke name for me? Maybe something better than that Apollo 13 weak sauce Honlads brought?!

• Like 9

And not trying to call you out Cargo, but can you do a joke name for me? Maybe something better than that Apollo 13 weak sauce Honlads brought?!

OK wow yes I'm up for this bc hey I'm a natural at this, which is, after all, what I just said. Cargo's the name, name joke's are my game lol right?

well I will just interrupt to say, it has to be better than honlads's joke? because actually? I don't love being pitted against my friends ok. And it's like, who really wins in this situation? Because I COULD make a joke right now that made honlads look like a fuckin chump y'know, but that's my dude right there man.

But I can't back down from a challenge, I just can't. It's my biggest weakness actually. So here we go, you asked for it lol:

Houston me right round baby right round

Ok actually can I take that back? Is that tracking for you guys, bc I honestly don't actually feel super great about it. And I said a lot of stuff about how I'm so confident but sometimes it's like, what am I even doing here you know? Is this my legacy? I'm sorry dude I gotta go, this is a lot to process right now sorry man I feel like I let you down just, bye ok bye

• Like 18

My dad makes fun of me because he says I don't hang out with cool guys when I get internet time (he's a total jock). Wait until he gets a load of this! Thanks Cargo, and suck it, dad!

• Like 9

Wow, thanks to FOX on-demand, I can binge season 1 of Party Over Here! What a great service, news and laughs within the same on-demand programming :)

• Like 8

I feel like they left some good jokes like "that's Rich" and "Allison Ritchie Rich" out of the cast that would've really made people think, but otherwise this was an A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ep.

• Like 4

So I just saw "The Jungle Book" and it was a lot better than I'd expected. I especially got a kick out of the last scene where...

Baloo is relaxing in a tree and he delivers the final line: "I could get used to this."

I was like "Uh, yeah. I could too!"

Seriously though, I liked it

• Like 10

i thought the forum was kind of neat...

I don't mean to disagree with established forum bigwigs, but I'm a bit of a risk taker and a bad boy

I understand Henry, the forum is kind of neat, but it has come to my attention that it could be great again. That knowledge clued me in to the fact that it is not great now, so kind of neat is a bit of settling, and frankly I'm just too young and pretty and hip to settle.

Part of the problem is that all anyone wants to talk about in this forum is podcasts, which I find to be a bit obvious and thus pedestrian. I mean this isn't the damn SPONT forum for christsakes! Now see, I'm doing it too!

After a long hard winter trapped indoors by a malevolent feathered menace (dlroworc) I was liberated and spring has introduced me to a more gentle, if somewhat stand-offish, winged master of the outdoors. During our long communes by local fresh water depositories (lakes) I have come to learn their peaceful and indifferent ways, and thus mastered the stoic insouciance by which I now model my life and all interactions with fellow sad freaks (podcast fans).

I include this short documentary of one of these sessions to illustrate how we can all benefit from their elegance and wisdom.

In love and light, souprman. E Pluribus Unum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHV3kovu694&feature=youtu.be

edit>omg Henry I didn't see your last post before I posted this! I could get used to this indeed...

• Like 10

Mediocre 20 oz bottle of Diet 7-Up.

It's no Coke Zero, I'll tell you that right now...

I DARE ANY OF YOU TO FIGHT ME ABOUT THIS!

• Like 12

I'm super freaked out because I just posted a comment about my experience watching "The Jungle Book" and now this is posted with a video titled "JUNGLE BOOK?". There was literally only 8 minutes between our posts. And as I'm typing this I'm hearing " any of you guys seen the jungle book?". This is too much. I need time to process some stuff

• Like 8

Did it, and I'm OK. Sorry if I kept anyone worrying. I'm fine. I came to the realization that Obama must have put a sensor machine bug in my head and now I'm gonna get that bugger out! I'll start by really digging hard with my fingernails, and if that doesn't work I'll go see a doctor. Thanks for your well wishes.

edit: Whoops, nope. The panic wore off and my wife calmed me down and told me not to try to dig into my scalp. It was all just a fun coincidence! Lol :D

• Like 6

Part of the problem is that all anyone wants to talk about in this forum is podcasts, which I find to be a bit obvious and thus pedestrian.

Point well taken. As such, I'd like to pose this non-podcast related hypothetical query to the forum:

The big day is here. It's time to reveal to your long-time best friend that he's not the many-decades-younger BFF who looks exactly like you he always thought he was, but is in fact your biological son.

How do you break the news??

a. Take out ad space in your local church newsletter and confess via Zodiac-style cipher

b. Screen "Empire Strikes Back" on repeat, shouting his name/your personal circumstances over the dialogue where applicable (Ex: "No, [DALE]... I am your father [for some reason, even though I only have one testicle and your mom and I banged like, one time!]"

c. Treat him to dinner at Olive Garden and assume the message has been received by virtue of their famous slogan, "When You're Here, You're Family." Never think of it again.

• Like 9

It's no Coke Zero, I'll tell you that right now...

I DARE ANY OF YOU TO FIGHT ME ABOUT THIS!

uh pepsi max much grampa? haha

• Like 15

Even though they didn't explicitly call for it, had to go for my scoop troop notebook and scrawl "always write in a ski mask"

• Like 11

Maybe something better than that Apollo 13 weak sauce Honlads brought?!

okay wow Apollo 13 weak sauce okay wow? Try 95% on rotten tomatoes with 85 reviews counted bitch

• Like 19

uh pepsi max much grampa? haha

I'm so furious I can't even think of a comeback right now!

And it's definitely because of how mad I am and not because I'm bad at comebacks, because I am known for how good at comebacks I am.

• Like 12