🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 133 — Alison Rich, Our Close Friend

And I don't think Paul, June, and Jason will provide any help actually figuring it out.

damn this is a good fucking post.

oh yeah, that's how they're made.

• Like 9

I wish I knew how babies get made, then I could stop doing that

I'm with you SteveH, I don't know how but the only difference is your getting them and I'm not. I've got a fool proof idea! I'll list what I've been doing and you list what you've been doing counter to my list.

1. Find/Pay a stork (Not recommended, still dealing with the wildlife lawsuits and stork wounds).

2. Started growing cabbage (Not recommended, my whole house smells like farts and my wife thinks its me).

3. Spooning (Recommend, sharing a spoon of Captain Crunch or Pops cereal in bed is the highlight of my mornings, but no baby).

4. Conjuring a baby using magic (Recommend, got the local D&D group together to use magic, though they didn't give me a baby, I now have something to do every Wednesday night!)

5. Get baby seeds off internet, plant them all in a potato, cover potato completely with tinfoil, place potato into microwave, run on High for 3 minutes, take out after 4 seconds when tinfoil starts on fire, blow out fire, burn hands (optional and not recommended), place potato again into microwave (Important) WITHOUT tinfoil, press Start again with 2:56 left on microwave, wait and after the allotted time is up, let stand for 5 min (Recommend even without the outcome of a baby. My wife was happy I made dinner! And the seeds tasted a lot like rosemary! A two in one! A win in my Handbook).

Been trying everything SteveH, hope you can shed some light!

• Like 4

Silvr I would like to make a guess that it is beloved forumer Ashley but also I am not sure where the old thirsty tomatoes come in? Sundried tomatoes? What?

Also hello everyone I just spent 5 days in the US and now I am the kind of extremely tired where seeing a "Welcome to Canada" sign at customs made me teary!

Also this episode was so good, smart, nice, funny. I especially liked learning about how scorpions is inside bodies now, and also how much Alison Rich KILLED IT with an aggression and energy I have not seen before.

• Like 5

Silvr I would like to make a guess that it is beloved forumer Ashley but also I am not sure where the old thirsty tomatoes come in? Sundried tomatoes? What?

Yes, Lizzy! Ashley did those soft drink (thirsty) reviews (Rotten Tomatoes --> old tomatoes)! I know - I made that hint way too difficult

• Like 5

women be cryptic, am I right fellas *tries to do the arsenio dog pound thing and punches himself in the side of the head*

• Like 12

Yes, Lizzy! Ashley did those soft drink (thirsty) reviews (Rotten Tomatoes --> old tomatoes)! I know - I made that hint way too difficult

That's a puzzle for the original Ernest, the one from the books and not the movies.

Congratulations Lizzy, you are smarter than Ernest Goes To Jail

• Like 3

THAT is both interesting and impressive.

wigfield vs emmy and novak vs spiderman script is great, also ozeri vs freud (the "oh yeah mom!"-incident), sinbad vs franklin, gabrus vs hens... and so many more. the highlights are so dense they escape striation, and attempting to list them, or even dividing the project into a fixed unit of time seems slightly perverse:

the artistic genius in "the dream of the fisherman's wife" of hokusai can not be captured when divided into square centimetres... even less so when divided it into square millimetres. a square centimetre can accommodate a recognizable slice of octopus tentacle or a patch of unstyled muff, but a square millimetre? not so much.

A3ypSeB.jpg

0ffKPsN.jpg

and only considered in full can this dramatic depiction of animal love be appreciated:

UQzvojW.jpg

are you experiencing that the project is akin to a comedy-fractal that evolves as you zoom in on it with repeated listens or that it is converging ever clearer on some solid geometric "haha" as you complete yet another orbit?

postscript

to dream of exploring hokusai's masterwork "the dream of the fishermans wife" without ever encountering its edges.

to wish the glorious spectacle of the tentacled romancer was a constant in ones lived experience.

to come to terms with the temporal finitude of the project.

• Like 2