🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

A lot of the design was based on René Magritte's artwork, which is pretty amazing.

Was there not a thread for this one yet? I remember liking it as a kid, but everyone else telling me it was awful. Curious to revisit it in a Paul had Nothing But Trouble on LaserDisc kind of way.

I think there are a couple threads for it, actually. But it is pretty crazy.

This to me is exactly what the show is about. I seriously have always wondered how this movie got made. How did Barry Levinson go from Rain Man to this? How did he go from teaming up with Robin Williams to make Good Morning Vietnam to this? Just plain...how?!?!

Plus it features LL Cool J, Jamie Foxx in his feature film debut, Joan Cusack, Michael Gambon & Robin Wright. Military toys, a surreal music video, a deadly "sea swine", killer video games & a stirring speech spoken for the benefit of toys! Need I say more? OH well then ok I will. This is Barry Levinson's sole Razzie nomination. If that doesn't do it, then for the love of god watch the movie.

This is a great suggestion. This is one of the strangest, most disturbing, family movies ever made.

I've never seen the appeal of Robin Williams and just chalked it up as a boomer thing. He's like the typical "wacky" office clown given cocaine, and at least half the adult population can do just as good/funny celebrity impressions.

Sign in to follow this