🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 7 - FDR is the Santa Claus of America

In this April 1945 selection from the Hard Nation archives, Mark and Pete interview President Franklin D. Roosevelt (Eugene Cordero) about ending WWII and desegregating boxing. Plus: Pete might be a Communist.

• Like 1

The premise of this episode is so fucking absurd and I love it. Eugene playing FDR as a wrestling manager cutting a promo is pretty great. Surprisingly, the only obvious anachronism I noticed was the talk about black boxers, because Joe Louis had been world heavyweight champion since 1937.

• Like 1

I remember hearing this live! ...The memories.

And he sure did have a surprise to end WW2! I sure didn't see it coming. I remember loving this live radio ep at the time but one I'll never forget was the one with Teddy Rosevelt. How they recorded the live radio show, while heading to the hospital after Teddy was shot, I'll never know. What a man! And what a great show.

Oh! And the one on JFKs boat, with Marilyn Monroe. Classic, and really "dives" deep into JFKs personal life.

• Like 1

Alright, this is my favorite episode so far. Love the silly premise of everything being the exact same, but in the past. How old are those six kids anyway?

Eugene is now FDR to me, dude's a fuckin legend.

Keep up the Hard work!

• Like 1