🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Andawg

Hobo with a Shotgun

I watched this movie with my friend who ordered it on demand, and this is one movie that MUST make it way onto this podcast in the future. They're are more the movie opens with a Hobo lecturing to new born babies through the glass at the hospital about if they grow up to be homeless, they better get a shotgun to clean up their streets or something of that nature. That is a massive amount of gorry violence. Here's a link to the trailer

• Like 1

'Hobo' is not a bad movie, it's a grindhouse movie made to mock bad movies. I actually quite like it, it's very funny and well made

• Like 2

This movie looks incredible, not terrible.

• Like 1

With the title alone i shouldnt have to explain much, but this movie is about a Hobo who finds that there is too much social injustice and corruption in this small town he just arrived to. So he decides to take the clean up into his own hands.

Funny thing about this film is its definitely one of these b-rated style action movies, but is another one of Robert Rodriguez's grindhouse flicks like Machete. It stars Rutger Hauer who if you recall starred in blade runner, sin city, buffy the vampire slayer, etc. But the one movie that made me nominate this one was the blind fury. If you seen that one..... Its about a vietnam vet who got blinded and stranded in vietnam, but learned from a samurai master how to fight blind. Then arrives back in the US years later to only run into unsuspected trouble. This guy likes these over dramatic action flicks. Those facts alone you should check out that movie, but its way back from 1989 might be too old for your current roster of movie reviews. Anyways watch a trailer of Hobo with a Shotgun and you will totally understand my reasoning behind suggesting this flick.

• Like 1

I really, really wish Rutger Hauer's classic action film "Split Second" was available on NetFlix Instant or readily-available DVD. Where else will you find a main character who consumes nothing but coffee and chocolate? Or a villain who turns out to be a "Predator"-esque alien monster despite being able to go through a crowded club undetected in an early scene? Or a setting of a near-future (now past-future) London that's been flooded due to global warming, despite the flooding and the global warming having nothing to do with the plot?

Oh, yeah, "Hobo with a Shotgun." Yeah, that was crazy. Might make a good episode.

• Like 1

I could get behind this. His yearning for a lawnmower and daydreaming about mowing a lawn was my favorite WTF moment.

• Like 1

After listening to Punisher Warzone, I thought this would be a perfect movie for you guys. It has insane over the top violence and dialogue.

• Like 1

"Hobo With A Shotgun" is a highly entertaining movie, but definitely exists in the same category of "WTF" classics as "Crank 2" and "Piranha 3D." It would especially be great if you got anyone from the cast or crew to talk about it.

It's available on Netflix Streaming.

• Like 2

I totally agree on this suggestion! I just watched this one for the third time the other day and there are so many "WTF?!" moments and random acts of craziness. It truly is pure insanity with many quotable quotes, and lots of good discussion topics.

• Like 1

It's definitely more in the vein of Punisher: Warzone or Crank 2 in that it is totally awesome, but totally over the top and insane at the same time.

"Whoooo!! It's a beautiful day for a skate rape!!"

• Like 1

merged the two Hobo with a Shotgun threads

• Like 2

A grind house style film. Literally a hobo with a shotgun. Warning: extremely graphic, extremely cheap gore, and extreme cheesiness.

• Like 2

merged threads yet again!

check before you post new threads, please and thank you.

• Like 2

There has been a trend since Shoot em Up and Crank in making deliberately "bad" movies with low budget and just going for it.. with the Grindhouse thing really lighting up the movement with those fake trailers turned movies.

The thought of a plot based around giving a homeless Rutger Hauer a shotgun and seeing what happens is highly appealing to me on so many levels.

• Like 1

Are... are you guys playing a joke on me?

2mxgxf7.gif

like, let's post a new Hobo With A Shotgun thread every day and make Shannon think she didn't merge the threads and she's totally crazy?

...cause if so, it's working.

• Like 2

Hey, has anyone on here heard of a movie called "Hobo with a Shotgun?" It's crazy, it'd probably make for a great episode.

(Went ahead and merged this one up front to save Shannon time.)

• Like 1

Dam that's a handsome bum!

#NoHobo

I don't think this movie should be considered.

It was made to be bad, no one expected anything from it and thats what we got.

I watched this movie two times in a row, I was so amazed! I believe on the DVD extras they showed the real hobo that they created Hauer's character from. They had created a short film prior to this one with the original dude, but he went batshit crazy and when they wanted to make this a full-fledged movie, they reached out to fellow Canadien, Hauer.

Love the Ricki (Trailer Park Boys) cameo in the beginning too!

• Like 1

A hobo arrives at a town looking to start a new life and instead finds the most fucked up town you'll ever see. With the help of a prostitute and a shotgun he decides to take the law into his own hands! No real big actors and its not a major motion piction but they did birdemic didnt they? Its truely rediculous and i would love to hear paul, june and jason's take of this amazingly awful movie.

• Like 1

"The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don’t mind if you’re like a mile away, but if you get inside their circle they will maul you. If a bear’s claw would ever strike your face, it would take your whole face right off your skull. Your eyes, your nose, your everything. And you would die from it. Animals… There is something else about bears that not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of human blood, he becomes a man killer. He’ll go on a rampage, and has to be destroyed. That’s why you should never hug a bear." - Rutger Hauer, Hobo With a Shotgun.

I hated this movie, it was a real waste of time. if you've seen the trailer then you've seen 99% of everything you needed to see of this film. I would watch Sleepaway Camp again before I would watch this film.

Sign in to follow this