🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Kevin Bartelt

Episode 239 - The Best of Music Vol. 2

Enjoy volume 2 of improv4humans with Matt Besser's best of music scenes, which were voted on by the fans. This episode features music from Ryan Bingham, Allison Weiss, Murder by Death, Waxahatchee, The White Buffalo, The Milk Carton Kids, Dawes, Robbie Fulks, Frank Turner, Dave Hause and Dan Deacon. Their music inspires scenes about regional girlfriends, bottomless bathtubs, a traveling jug band and much more. Be a good humon, and support these musicians by purchasing music off their websites.

• Like 1

this isnt a sufficient sub for a proper new ep. this ought to be a bonus ep. what real I4H fan hasn't listened to all these 3 times? as punishment I am torrenting all these musicians entire catalogs which I will then delete because I bought them all after listening to these ep's the first time. because i'm a good humon.

• Like 4

I think we need a Tomas and Marcus spin-off.

with Kanye of course

• Like 1

I'll admit I was a bit wary of the musical episodes when Matt first started doing them, but it wasn't long before I realized how great they were. I'm a big fan of Waxahatchee and some of the songs she does on I4H are the only acoustic versions I can find.

Does Besser always just seek out the musicians himself, or if we throw some suggestions of indie/underground artists he'll take them into consideration? I guess she's really blown up in the last year, but I would lose my socks if he ever got Aurora on the podcast.

• Like 1

I'll admit I was a bit wary of the musical episodes when Matt first started doing them, but it wasn't long before I realized how great they were. I'm a big fan of Waxahatchee and some of the songs she does on I4H are the only acoustic versions I can find.

Does Besser always just seek out the musicians himself, or if we throw some suggestions of indie/underground artists he'll take them into consideration? I guess she's really blown up in the last year, but I would lose my socks if he ever got Aurora on the podcast.

I'm not saying I had anything to do with it, but I posted that I thought Waxahatchee would be a great guest and about 6 weeks later or so that ep happened. I think Besser just happened to already dig them tbh though.

I guess my point is MattyB does pay attention to the boards, via Kevin I assume, and his Twitter too, so I say post up some requests Pokwok.

I guess my point is MattyB does pay attention to the boards, via Kevin I assume

You're going to trust a psycho who thinks videos featuring actual murderers being interviewed are perfect for Crap On Youtube to properly relay your musical guest suggestions?? Wow, just wow.

• Like 1

Thank you for the blowjob bye.

Really though, that Frank Turner song is probably my favorite musical performance on i4h. ENERGY.

• Like 1

If suggestions are in play, Eric Bachmann would fit in perfectly with the I4H musical dynamic. Plus he's just about my favorite live performer working today.

Ever since her episode, Waxahatchee has become one of my absolute favourite artists. Seriously, she's perfect

That sing-along/Muppets thing is one of my favourite ever I4H things