🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 136 - Hell Comes to Frogtown: LIVE!

Last post... just found this funny...

This is how Sam looks immediately after the brutal fight with the border guard

JlF4mEa.png[/img]

The VERY next scene... not a blemish or resemblance of a fight taking place

RE9FFdS.png[/img]

Believe it or not, this was intentional. The director and the writer claim that it was supposed to look like the typical movies, like Flash Gordon (not my example), where the hero is dirty and maybe full of blood and the next scene cleaner that ever.

• Like 2

There is something that really bothers me. So he's one of the few men (not the only one) who can reproduce. As mentioned in the podcast they really should get as much sperm as they can from him, put it in the freezer and use it over and over.

But, instead of sending armed men, a few soldiers with rifles to Frogtown, who then get the kidnapped women, they sent him. He, who is so valuable, is sent on a dangerous mission, because...? Because he needs to fuck'em as soon as possible?

Just keep him safe, let him wank in a cup, get the girls and stop let him hump every woman he sees.

• Like 5

There is something that really bothers me. So he's one of the few men (not the only one) who can reproduce. As mentioned in the podcast they really should get as much sperm as they can from him, put it in the freezer and use it over and over.

But, instead of sending armed men, a few soldiers with rifles to Frogtown, who then get the kidnapped women, they sent him. He, who is so valuable, is sent on a dangerous mission, because...? Because he needs to fuck'em as soon as possible?

Just keep him safe, let him wank in a cup, get the girls and stop let him hump every woman he sees.

This is also assuming that all the women just happen to be ovulating at the same time. And also ovulating at whatever moment he can even get there. Because, we all know, nothing untoward ever happens in dystopian Hellscapes that might cause delays.

God, I hate this movie. No effort at all. It's like the director/writer was taught sex education during a lobotomy.

• Like 5

Here's one thing that concerns me. Roddy Piper impregnates all of these women to get the population restarted, then what happens? There are now all these Roddy Piper Fathered Half-Siblings running around, all of them genetically related, and if the population is gonna keep growing, who are they gonna keep the population growing with? Do they have to keep some kind of dog tag on, or a bracelet so they can identify each other so they don't end up fucking when they grow up?

You've gotten rid of the frog people, but now you've potentially ushered in an in-breeding apocalypse.

• Like 6

Here's one thing that concerns me. He impregnates all of these women to get the population restarted, then what happens? There are now all these Roddy Piper Fathered Half-Siblings running around, all of them genetically related, and if the population is gonna keep growing, who are they gonna keep the population growing with? Do they have to keep some kind of dog tag on, or a bracelet so they can identify each other so they don't end up fucking when they grow up?

You've gotten rid of the frog people, and now you've potentially ushered in an in-breeding catastrophe.

Here's the problem with that, too. They say in the movie that something like 68% of men are infertile. Okay, fine. Let's go ahead and increase that to 75%. So, even if I increase the percentage of infertile people, that still leave 25% (1 in 4) still fertile. I know that's not great, but it's not exactly a deal breaker either. He's not really as rare as the movie portrays him.

Let's say there's a million people left in the world. I wager that the 250,000 still fertile people left could adequately repopulate the planet.

• Like 5

Let's not forget this man is a confirmed rapist. He was told by the nurse that if he is successful, his record would be cleared.

I'm not sure about this. I mean, yes, it all sound like he's a rapist, but it couldn't be the intention of the writers to make a rapist the hero of a movie. Let's say he didn't rape the daughter of Count Sodom but he surprised them lying in bed and is protective about his daughter and the little whore says "He raped me daddy!" because...well she's a slut. So then she realizes she's pregnant (don't think about the timeframe, makes no sense) and changes her mind. Because she sees the Flag outside the window and as patriotic as a mattress can be she calls medtech and reports him as fertile.

So maybe he just likes to fuck ("You've left a string of pregnancies everywhere you've been.") and the charges are others. I only remember "theft" as one of them.

I know, he still rapes the girl from the desert. But that's his job. :huh:

Here's the problem with that, too. They say in the movie that something like 68% of men are infertile. Okay, fine. Let's go ahead and increase that to 75%. So, even if I increase the percentage of infertile people, that still leave 25% (1 in 4) still fertile. I know that's not great, but it's not exactly a deal breaker either. He's not really as rare as the movie portrays him.

Let's say there's a million people left in the world. I wager that the 250,000 still fertile people left could adequately repopulate the planet.

And, if that is the case, and they only had to pick one guy, how did they settle on him? Did they have to do auditions? Did they take out an ad "Hey, you wanna get paid to fuck?! Call this number!" how did they choose the one guy

• Like 2

This is also assuming that all the women just happen to be ovulating at the same time. And also ovulating at whatever moment he can even get there. Because, we all know, nothing untoward ever happens in dystopian Hellscapes that might cause delays.

God, I hate this movie. No effort at all. It's like the director/writer was taught sex education during a lobotomy.

So, first of all: a woman who sees Sam Hell starts ovulating immediately. And if not: They just inject "Odadol" to "facilitate procreation". And it's the future and that's how it works now. :P

• Like 2

No, the head MedTech nurse (?) said the overall male population was reduced by 68% due to the war. War also made most people sterile.

• Like 1

I hate to defend this movie. I think they said 68% of the male population died. And almost everyone who survived is infertile.

So I have a question about the origin of the frog people. Were these once normal human beings who got mutated into frog creatures? Or were they frogs who went through the classic "ninja turtle" mutation model into bipedal intelligent creatures? I think it was the second one. Which I would say is another big big mark against the Provisional Government. Out of this war comes the most amazing thing to happen in the history of science and they just treat this newly intelligent species like crap and throw them on a reservation.

• Like 1

They say that the male population was reduced by 68%. And from that 32% living men, most of them are sterile. So, the movie takes place around 2010. At that time the population of the USA was about 300,000,000. Let's say m/f ratio is about 50/50, that makes 150,000,000 men.

"Most of the population is sterile". Let's say that means 75%. So there might be 12,000,000 fertile men left in the US. Sounds like a lot. But the big problem is to find them. There is no real government, no good infrastructure and every man counts. Even though it would be more than enough men to repopulate earth, the big problem might be the organisation. But that makes it even more insane, that they didn't collect his sperm.

• Like 1

So I have a question about the origin of the frog people. Were these once normal human beings who got mutated into frog creatures? Or were they frogs who went through the classic "ninja turtle" mutation model into bipedal intelligent creatures? I think it was the second one. Which I would say is another big big mark against the Provisional Government. Out of this war comes the most amazing thing to happen in the history of science and they just treat this newly intelligent species like crap and throw them on a reservation.

The director had planned to have several stages of mutation. Some light ones, where only a part is frog, and some full frogs. So I think they supposed to be humans.

• Like 1

The director had planned to have several stages of mutation. Some light ones, where only a part is frog, and some full frogs. So I think they supposed to be humans.

If that is the case then I'd say it was a real missed opportunity to not explore some relationships between those who mutated to frogs and those who didn't. Friends and families now living in two separate worlds. The filmmakers could have made this thing Oscar bait.

Who I'd cast as the new Ernest for "Ernest Goes to Work"

Ryan Stiles!

ryan-stiles_sc_768x1024.png

• Like 7

Good lord, I hated this movie. Some corrections/nit-picks about the podcast:

1. Jason said there were 2 nuclear wars, but I think he misheard the intro. Regarding the nuclear war, the narrator said after 10 days, 10,000 years of human progress was wiped out. Then, "10 years later, they tried again," meaning they tried to rebuild human progress.

2. Speaking of narrators, Daniel Stern was not the narrator of Stand by Me (as incorrectly stated by Paul). He was the voice of future-Kevin in the Wonder Years (as Jason said).

3. Donald Duck's middle initial is not D! His full name is Donald Fauntelroy Duck. I only know this, because it was a question from the classic version of Trivial Pursuit. On further research, I found out that Donald Duck is the only major Disney character that has a middle name.

4. Sam Champion wouldn't do movie reviews, even for the cab tv! He's the local weather guy.

• Like 4

If that is the case then I'd say it was a real missed opportunity to not explore some relationships between those who mutated to frogs and those who didn't. Friends and families now living in two separate worlds. The filmmakers could have made this thing Oscar bait.

They could have shaped the whole plot around that. Instead of "fucking for freedom".

• Like 2

Donald Duck's middle initial is not D! His full name is Donald Fauntelroy Duck. I only know this, because it was a question from the classic version of Trivial Pursuit. On further research, I found out that Donald Duck is the only major Disney character that has a middle name.

Thank you for that. Didn't knew it and it is one of those beautiful knowledge that no one needs. :D

• Like 1

They could have shaped the whole plot around that. Instead of "fucking for freedom".

Oh god, another missed opportunity, David Hasselhoff's "Looking For Freedom", but changed to "Fucking for Freedom"

I've been Fucking for Freedom

I've been Fucking so long

• Like 5

I couldn't watch this movie. I don't understand why, even if this guy is the only fertile guy on Earth (which I find suspect), why they wouldn't do artificial insemination. I mean, wouldn't you want the process to be as scientific and monitored as possible to increase the chances it would work? Also, to keep the RAPIST away from some other women??

• Like 2

As for the longest career in Pro-Wrestling, while their isn't really an official record for it, as there are independent shows all over the world, there are wrestlers who have had over 50 year careers, like Lou Thesz (who wrestled for 58 years), Terry Funk (50 years), and Abdullah the Butcher and Johnny Saint both made their debut in 1958, and are still wrestling today

But many believe that Gypsy Joe has had the longest Pro-Wrestling career, which started in 1951 and retired in 2011, a full 60 years. What made Gypsy Joe's career all the more remarkable was that, much like Abdullah the Butcher, most of his career was contested in "Hardcore" matches, which involved him getting hit with weapons, wrestling in barbed wire, thumbtacks and broken glass, and generally getting the shit kicked out of him.

When that came up, I was immediately like, "Smigg will have the answer to this," and you did not disappoint. Well done.

• Like 4

Can we talk about the MedTech clinic scene? There was a tiny Erlenmeyer flask containing some blue liquid boiling away in the beginning and they keep playing that boiling sound throughout the scene. There were other various medical sounds like a ventilator and a HR monitor, but Hell wasn't hooked up to any of those. I know this isn't ER, but WTF were those weird flashing machines in the background? They didn't look like ECG machines, even though Hell was hooked up to leads. What really got me was the hospital gown. They couldn't give him a full adult gown? Supposedly they had a "maternity ward" (as the PA announced a code blue in the MW), so they must have had adult sized gowns. Yet he was wearing a child's gown with a pink bow tied around his neck. And the print? Smiling puppies in pastel. WHY.

Kl5y7my.png?1

• Like 2

When that came up, I was immediately like, "Smigg will have the answer to this," and you did not disappoint. Well done.

Thank you :)

I knew about Gypsy Joe's lengthy career, because he had an infamous "match" with New Jack, which degenerated into New Jack straight up assaulting Gypsy Joe legitimately, to the point where the people watching backed away, shocked that they're witnessing a guy legitimately kicking the shit out of a guy who was almost 70 years old.

New Jack is fucking nuts, and his excuse for trying to kill a septogenarian was because he said "This motherfucker told me he was gonna teach me what hardcore wrestling was, and I ain't the guy to say that to!"