🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Please do Batman and Robin! The ice-centered puns from Mr.Freeze (who is played by Arnold Schwarzenegger) is enough to warrant you guys to do an episode on it. I'll just list some of the puns.
-Ice to see you
-We aim to freeze
- Lets kick some ice
- Cops on the rocks, anyone?
- You're not sending me to the cooler
- If revenge is a dish best served cold, then put on your Sunday finest. It's time to feast.
If thats not enough, just look at the costumes!

http://comicattack.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/batman-and-robin-6.jpg

Eww, nipple suits! This is an awful Batman film. George Clooney is no Michael Keaton.

The first Two batman movies were great epic for its time. the third one with Val Kilmer???? Was ok. BUT Batman and Robin jesus christ. George Clooney Chris O'donnel(whatever) Alicia Silver stone Uma thurman Arnold Swartanegger. lex luther FATHER FROM SMALLVILLE.

• Like 1

That would be John Glover...and yes I agree. Batman and Robin was the final nail in the first age of Comicbook movies, but also is the reason that studios and the creative talent began taking it seriously. Plus Arnolds classic dialogue is worth dissecting alone...also to hear Jason's take on the Batman, Robin and Ivy love triangle....oh and how could I forget Alfred's questionable creation of the overtly sexualized Batgirl costume. Make this happen Paul!!!

• Like 2

Good one. Each of this series of the Batman legacy got zanier and zanier and this movie is just straight up pulp with a mega budget. I'm not a buff on this series but I am sure there were problems on the set or with studios revising the script that resulted in a movie this outrageous.

I also like the idea that most listeners probably havent seen this in over a decade and can revisit it fresh for the sake of this absurd and fun podcast.

Arnold Schwarzenegger making ice jokes, an ice skating fight scene, and it goes on and on. It's hard to remember while all the other Batman movies are going on but I went back to watch it and it is terribly awesome with a whopping 13% on Rotten Tomatoes.

the molded plastic suits, everything about arnolds portrayal of mr freeze and clooney's smugness make this movie fuckin terrible, should definetely be done

This one has to be right up there with Escape from LA. I have a hard time determining which one is campier.... just when I think that Batman and Robin wins out with bat skates, bat credit cards, and ass close ups.... Escape from LA hits me with Snake Pliskin basketballing for his life and then green screen surfing in a canal with Peter Fonda.

There is a lot of gold out there.

Escape from LA hits me with Snake Pliskin basketballing for his life and then green screen surfing in a canal with Peter Fonda.

Just when I had forgotten about this scene from Escape from LA... it's taken YEARS to heal from that!

I'm in.

Man that film is craptastic. Now if we can get someone like Donald Glover to be the guest on this, I'd buy it twice on Itunes.

oh PLEEEASE review this movie. i cant believe i forgot about the Amex batman credit card. and this may be Ahhnold's most one-lined movie ever

"Ice to meet you!"

Yesterday I re-watched The Dark Knight in a way-too-early anticipation high of the Dark Knight Rises trailer. After doing so, I decided that my fix was not at all satisfied, so immediately after my viewing I decided to watch Batman and Robin. The exercise of watching the greatest superhero movie ever made juxtaposed with the worst superhero movie ever made was an extremely satisfying and hilarious experience, and would make for an awesome podcast.

I applaud your masochism.

Not a sentence I use everyday.

Every movie had more and more key characters... it started getting a little rediculous even before #4 (imho)

Batman:

Batman, Joker

Batman Returns:

Batman, Catwoman, The Penguin

Batman Forever:

Batman, Two-Face, Riddler, Robin (reaching critical mass)

Batman & Robin:

Batman, Mr. Freeze, Robin, Poision Ivy, Batgirl (ka-blooey!!)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that exactly NONE of those first four Batman films were even ABOUT Batman. The third one, Forever, may have been the closest. I mean it was still primarily about Carrey and Jones out-hamming one another, but I think that film had the most Bruce Wayne in it. Clooney, the poor bastard, never got a chance in "Batman and Robin", but he's hardly the one at fault. That said, if they ever do a live-action adaptation "Dark knight Returns", it would be AWESOME to see the Clooney of today (or the Clooney of a few years from now, whatever...) as an older, grizzled Batman coming out of retirement. "Batman and Robin" may have been a blessing in disguise. If it would have been more successful and better-received, we may have lost Clooney to big-budget shittier movies forever instead of getting him in a good variety of things for the next 15 years.

Not to mention it's failure saved us from any of the INSANE fifth-movie screenplays in development. There was one where Joker's daughter would have fought Batman, one where he retired and then came out of retirement to fight the Man-Bat, another one with Superman (and, I'm sorry, but I don't think a big screen Superman/Batman crossover will ever be done right). Even Darrin Arinofsky's vision for a reboot was crazytown bananapants: Batman as a feral homeless man assisted by a wise black mechanic named Al.

Even Darrin Arinofsky's vision for a reboot was crazytown bananapants: Batman as a feral homeless man assisted by a wise black mechanic named Al.

I'd love to read that screenplay. Heck, if that's what he wanted to do to Batman, I'd pay to see what he wanted to do with the "Robocop" remake.

(Also, I think at one point he wanted to have Bruce Wayne/Batman fight a guy who was on fire.)

I wish it were available to read too, but Arrinofsky said it's still possible after the Nolan trilogy wraps up -- last year he said he's working on a graphic novel version to act as a backdoor pitch. The closest thing available is this archived script review: http://web.archive.org/web/20050111012802/http://www.dc-on-film.com/batman/scriptreview_frankmiller_yearone.php

It's basically Batman: Year One combined with the changes I already mentioned.

In my opinion, it would be sacrilege to do a "Bad Summer Movies" series and not include this one. It is THE Bad Summer Movie, and it has never really gotten the level of scrutiny that HDTGM is so great at.

Guys: DO IT.

Sign in to follow this