I just thought that it would be nice to have a thread where fans can introduce themselves.

I'm Johnny Unusual (may not in fact be my real name) and I'm a fan of comic books and comedy podcasts).

And you are?

• Like 22

Great idea Johnny! My name is Mike Flynn, and you have great taste in stuff to be a fan of.

HEY, YOU DON'T KNOW ME! Oh, sorry for lashing out. Anyhoo, I guess this forum is putting on my real name as opposed to my username. I still haven't figured this out yet. Call me whatever is easier for you.

I love this!
I'm Caroline! In addition to loving Earwolf, I love the following things
-DC Comic Books
-Artichokes
-The Free Design, Peter Paul & Mary, and The Mamas and the Papas
-Parks and Recreation, Childrens Hospital, Mad Men
-The entire catalog of Jim Henson (never a misstep, that guy).
-Earwolf listeners!

Dying was kind of a misstep, but that's probably the fault of Jim's body, rather than the entirety of his being. I love me some muppets and grew up loving Labyrinth. Interestingly, I've really been getting into Bowie lately. I'm sure his appearance on Venture Bros and the show Life on Mars (and if you haven't seen the original British show, YOU MUST WATCH) played a role in that. When I was a kid, Dark Crystal was too scary for me, but my sister loved it and rented it all the time. I watched it with her, but always left around the time Fizzgig came out because HE IS SCARY AS FUCK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0iRbfxPpVY

What is he saying? "I AM MADE OF THE NIGHTMARES OF CHILDREN!"

Oh, other things I love?

-Devo
-Homestar Runner (which refuses to update)
-MST3k
- The Simpsons
- Futurama
- The Venture Bros.
- Anything gummi
- All things Grant Morrison

You love Grant Morrison, I love Gail Simone, let's talk about all this Flashpoint stuff. Thoughts?

Hmm... well, when I read comics, I'm generally a wait for the trade kind of guy, so I haven't been keeping up. That said, if you're speaking of the rebooting stuff coming up, I'm of at least two minds. I don't think renumbering is necessary and if they do a continuity reboot, I don't think that's necessary and there are probably some poor writers/artists getting kicked off their books for it. That said, a lot of the series that are coming out look interesting. A DCU Swamp Thing series, Grant Morrison on Superman, Geoff Johns on JLA and Aquaman (I know the character is thought of as a joke, but I feel that he's possibly DC's most mistreated character who has a lot of potential), two series by Jeff Lemire (I haven't kept up with his Superboy stuff, but if you haven't, read Sweet Tooth) including a new Animal Man and Frankenstein (I love Morrison, but I'm always saddened when it seems other writers avoid playing with what he set up out of either hate, reverence or just not knowing what to do with it). I love characters that are sort of reviled, so I'm hoping that Prez, the First Teen President shows up sometime soon.

It's nice that Gail Simone will get to write Batgirl, but I always think it's weird that she's always writing "girl books", with the exception of Secret Six. It almost seems to obvious. I don't really care for Batgirl all that much (though I don't doubt she would make it work) but I'd rather see her on Green Arrow or... any book where a character is a Han Solo like noble scoundrel. Oh, I bet she would have a blast writing Damien Wayne. He's such a little bastard.

One problem: There are way too many Batman books, and while I don't want to see anyone losing a book, this reboot did not rectify that. The only book that won't be coming back is Batman Inc, except as a mini-series next year to finish up the story.

As for Flashpoint itself, I love alternate reality tales and am looking forward to reading the trade.

All great points.

As far as Gail writing Batgirl, I'm one of the ones really disappointed that they're erasing The Oracle. What made Babs such a dynamic character was that she had a significant physical disability and managed to keep a strong hold on Gotham. To dispose of that is erasing something really meaningful to a lot of people (refer to The Nerdy Birds blog about ablism in comics). I'm SUPER not into the new Birds of Prey, but I get to keep my Secret Six and I'm happy. And Gail is a very sensitive writer, so I know she'll treat Batgirl with the same dignity that she did as The Oracle.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Gail is the go-to "ladies" comic writer, especially since Secret Six and her JLA is so impressive. My brother is reading Secret Six right now and he cannot believe how amazing it is.

Everyone, feel free to go back to talking about not-comic books. I feel like there should MAYBE be a comic book thread in the forum. I have the sneaking feeling we aren't alone (especially since almost every Earwolf I've ever spoken to is a comic book fan, including Gail herself (shout out!) ).

Hi! I'm Christa. I like Earwolf, beer, both kinds of movies (funny and scary) , dogs, things that smell like oranges, music, and books that don't require a lot of brain cells to enjoy.

Hey, I'm Matt, or Pig Nash, or Nash.

I'm from northern Indiana and no good comedy comes near me so I get to pretend I am part of the scene through these podcasts. I'm also a big video gamer and lover of films. My time is stretched pretty thin with my two jobs now. I just don't sleep enough anymore, and I'm ok with it!

Crista:

So your a Dan Brown fan, aren't you? THANK YOU! GOOD NIGHT. Just teasing (though if you do like the works of Dan Brown, there's nothing wrong with that). BTW, for those type of books, you might want to read The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. Very easy to read, yet very powerful (warning: it's definitely not an upbeat book).

Matt:

Well it's nice that you still have time to catch podcasts.

Alex (DudeExclamation) here. I'm a fan of comics, comedy movies, sushi, quality tv (Arrested Development, The Wire, Mad Men to name a few), and I play video games on occasion. Earwolf has also made me addicted to podcasts.

Stefan, that was awesome because I have tried to read Dan Brown. I remember telling someone how much I enjoyed the DaVinci Code because it was one of the funniest books that I had ever read, only to find out that it was meant to be serious. Hmmm....
I LOVE the Road. It's one of my favorite books.

so i chose alexander as my screen name. and then in the jukebox jury submissions sub-forum, there is another alexander - who is posting original songs under the name mr. butthole.

i am not mr butthole. i do not see any difference between his handle and mine. ffffffffffffuuck.

my name is not Crash. i hate this name. i'm trying to change it. screwed up when i signed up.

Hi my name is OPRAH.

FUCK

no it's not that either.

i'm gonna try to be a huge message board champion.

FUCK. no i'm not.

ok. cool.

@Alexander I can change your username if you'd like. Maybe add an initial or something?

If we're asking questions, I've got one. Why does it say "inactive" under my name?

@Christopher It seems to be a glitch in our forum software, that whenever anyone is logged in, it says they're inactive. I think we're looking into a fix, but we've got things above it on our list of priorities.

I am the Ghost of Hunter S. Thompson...actually not a ghost...I faked my suicide and now reside in Laos with my faithful houseboy Sato-chan. I usually enjoy Earwolf podcasts during afternoon visits to my favorite "teahouse" - in a very horizontal position...

(Actually, I'm a long-term ex-pat. living in Hiroshima, Japan - been here some 14 years. Originally from So. Cal...Earwolf and other comedy podcasts are a boon and blessing for which I cannot be more domo arigato for...)

I'm Matt, I'm a blogger, a 'just starting out' podcaster, and an English Teacher in Korea. Only one of those pays, guess which one. I've been listening since Patton Oswalt came on for the first time, went back and devoured the archives and have listened ever since.

Hey folks- I'm Jenny and I live in a comedy dead zone in Tennessee (though I will be trekking about 2 hours to Nashville in September on two different occasions to see the Sklars and Marc Maron - holla! Anyone else going? Let's be friends. Anyways...).

I work in elementary schools and love my job, am working on my masters and feel like I have my stuff way too together to just be 24 (though I may just really want to be a journalist in the end). I also dig long walks with my ipod (see what I did there?), writing (I blog about podcasts), reading good stuff and taking in good films and shows and just good ole' fashioned hanging out.

Hmm... my prolonged absence has let this topic go to pot. And not in the good Doug Benson way. Please post your introductions if you are new friend.