🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 421 - I Got Your Results

Lady Dynamite star Maria Bamford is back on this week's Comedy Bang! Bang! Maria and Scott chat about how her new Netflix show Lady Dynamite is loosely based on her having to deal with mental health issues, Hollywood facts, and doing her own stunts. Plus, Hollywood stuntman Brock Stone arrives to tell us how he accidentally fell into being a stuntman.

• Like 2

Good ep. I'm sure somebody here will remind me who that other stuntman was that was on CBB in recent times? My fuzzy memory is of a stuntman that keeps smashing through a plate glass window?

"Hey Flash, take it easy! Walk over here!"

• Like 1

I'm sure somebody here will remind me who that other stuntman was that was on CBB in recent times? My fuzzy memory is of a stuntman that keeps smashing through a plate glass window?

Chin Dollhouse, hopefully he makes a return someday. He's on the episode where they first discuss the Widow Howlapp if I recall correctly (the service not the usage of that term).

• Like 1

Glad to see a woman on the show finally. Did it have to be a white woman, though?

Actually, Will Hines is a white man.

• Like 3

Actually, Will Hines is a white man.

But which bathroom does he use?

Glad to see a woman on the show finally. Did it have to be a white woman, though?

is this a bit?

• Like 2

is this a bit?

I think there is a bit in being overly angry about either the fact that most of scott's guests may be white men, or that they (white male comedians in general) come from wealthy upbringings. I think if you go back and find the thread about voting for the 2015 Best Ofs, you might get a nice crash course in internet insanity with a link in there if its still up

• Like 2

Lots of comic book talk in this one. Lovin' it!

Though I'm halfway through and I'm still waiting to hear Will Hines say "Exquisite Corpse."

• Like 3

Brock Stone is such believer in abiding by the law that he'd make for a great crime fighting sidekick to JW Stillwater. However we still don't know his views on vigilante justice.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks that Brock Stone is actually a well-spoken 12 year old boy who only looks and sounds like an adult due to his injecting various liquids into his pituitary glands?

• Like 1

Lots of comic book talk in this one. Lovin' it!

Shout-out to my fellow nerds yelling "K'un L'un!" at their phones.

Love hearing the Hollywood Facts theme, but I'm amazed that it isn't permanently burned into Scott's brain after Grounded Me@.

• Like 4

Great ep. I'd love to hear Will Hines on with Jason Mantzoukas to see what kind of crazy path they go down.

• Like 2

I think if you go back and find the thread about voting for the 2015 Best Ofs

Speaking of, the voting is still up! My fingers are crossed for Hee Hee to crack the top 10!

• Like 4

great episode. this is why will hines is a master and i was half going "not again!" and "hell yes!" when scott started repeating hollywood facts.

• Like 1

Grepisode!

Maria Bamford is a legend and a delight and I can't wait to see her new show.

Will Hines is the fricking 'Yes And' king! He can take anything Scott throws at him and he's so GD quick.

Now on to the back-log of 13 unlistened live eps from NYC I need to get through before seeing the tour in Chicago this Friday!

• Like 1

Yeah Hines is almost too good at taking off on a tangent, he should probably not even come in with a character plan anymore really, just sit down and start talking

• Like 4

Yeah Hines is almost too good at taking off on a tangent, he should probably not even come in with a character plan anymore really, just sit down and start talking

The way that they were like "Oh yeah, calligraphy" at the very end was amazing.

• Like 3

Hines has this beautiful way of making me think a character is going to be a dud, only to subtly introduce hilarity into it as he progresses. I feel like more guests used to do this, but now the pattern is to get to the absurdity as soon as possible. Props to Hines for letting his characs breathe a bit.

• Like 3

Am I the only one who loves when they try to sing along to the Hollywood Facts theme?

• Like 1

Am I the only one who loves when they try to sing along to the Hollywood Facts theme?

I'm completely burned out on it.